The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Does a big, chunky increase like that on Sentinels (if it's true, going from 140 to 200, so well above the suggested 15% wider increases that are expected to happen) reign in the threat of Lumineth shooting somewhat?

It definitely puts a damper on the viability of Teclis + 30 Archers lists. Teclis is currently at 660, probably going up, and I don't think you can have an effective list paying 1200+ points for just these units. I think 400 points for 20 archers still seems pretty good, though. That's how many you need to effectively snipe small heroes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It definitely puts a damper on the viability of Teclis + 30 Archers lists. Teclis is currently at 660, probably going up, and I don't think you can have an effective list paying 1200+ points for just these units. I think 400 points for 20 archers still seems pretty good, though. That's how many you need to effectively snipe small heroes.

And a single Doomwheel to whip out all those 20 archers, turn one (although having a bit of luck would be suggested).

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Well, it's hard to judge without having the whole picture, but, even with 10-15% overall increase in mind 200 points for Sentinels seems, well, too cruel. They are a very anooying and NPE unit, sure, but I did not expect them to cost more than Blood Knights. 

55 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Does a big, chunky increase like that on Sentinels (if it's true, going from 140 to 200, so well above the suggested 15% wider increases that are expected to happen) reign in the threat of Lumineth shooting somewhat?

The increase to 200 points isn't even a rumor, that was some wishlisting that people started spreading IIRC.

Also, and I'm saying this as a Lumineth player, the problem with Sentinels is primarily not the points (as there are plenty of efficient shooting units that are "fair") but with the warscroll itself. I would like to see the Scryhawk Lantern ability (that allows no-LoS shooting) to be once per game, or simply to be unable to choose heroes with less than 10w.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I don‘t see an issue there.

when you add custom parts it‘s still a Citadel Miniature with a plastic base, yet the miniature might have more parts atop of it which don‘t count towards the miniature :D

Imo as long as the core construct is a citadel Miniature 3D printed bits should not be an issue.

In truth I think the same approach will be taken as has been over the years.  GW event/venue - make sure the model identifies as GW using GW parts.  Outside a GW event/venue, fill your boots!  If you do chose to use off the shelf 3d printed stuff and take them to WHW or somewhere, just be prepared to be asked to take them off the board.

4 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

CaaAaan do:

image.jpeg.6dd4a747116e053136117019f33f8b04.jpeg

(not my post btw just found in the wild)

In case someone is interested by the % if that leak is real.

Changes in % :

Gordrakk : +11.11%
Megaboss on MK : +17.39%
Megaboss : +14.28%

Ardboy : +20%
Brutes : +38.46%
Grunta : +18.75%
Warchanter : +27.27 % / -9.09%
Weirdnob : +8.33 %

Rogue idol : +14.28%

(Average change +16%, but those 2 value for warchanter really ****** that up)

Edited by PowerLevel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PowerLevel said:

Changes in % :

I am not sure how much I would trust this, the 2 warchanter entries alone make this just about useless.

IF this is true, then good job for GW to make coherency a pain for ardboyz and then just about when brutes could shine, boom almost 40% increase in pts... Unless they get new warscrolls of course in a super soon book, then that could explain it. Otherwise who would think a 40% increase to brutes was a proper change? Who even complained about Brutes? :/ This seems like trolling.

1 minute ago, Scurvydog said:

I am not sure how much I would trust this, the 2 warchanter entries alone make this just about useless.

IF this is true, then good job for GW to make coherency a pain for ardboyz and then just about when brutes could shine, boom almost 40% increase in pts... Unless they get new warscrolls of course in a super soon book, then that could explain it. Otherwise who would think a 40% increase to brutes was a proper change? Who even complained about Brutes? :/ This seems like trolling.

Doing the stats just in case, but yes it does seem like ****** to me, brutes were never a problems, +40% would kill them

51 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

The increase to 200 points isn't even a rumor, that was some wishlisting that people started spreading IIRC.

Also, and I'm saying this as a Lumineth player, the problem with Sentinels is primarily not the points (as there are plenty of efficient shooting units that are "fair") but with the warscroll itself. I would like to see the Scryhawk Lantern ability (that allows no-LoS shooting) to be once per game, or simply to be unable to choose heroes with less than 10w.

Better yet, a rule where lofted shots can only target units with three or more models or 10+ wounds.

I have 2 units of 10 for my current planned 2000 points. If they went to 200 points I think I’d have to drop one or both, but if it in any way lessened the constant vitriol towards Lumineth I think I would take that as a win. 

5 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

CaaAaan do:

image.jpeg.6dd4a747116e053136117019f33f8b04.jpeg

(not my post btw just found in the wild)

Wonder why there's 2 chanters. 

Hoping brutes get an overhaul as they should be scary AF!

Also hoping that ardboys (even though I'd rather they be removed) get a new kit by the Kruleboyz designers. 

1 hour ago, PowerLevel said:

Changes in % :

Why would you ever run brutes with those changes? They were already weaker than pigs/ardboyz. Maybe thats the tax for not getting wrecked by the coherency changes?

2 hours ago, feadair said:

However, at the launch of 9e they increased the points for all armies. The given justification was the smaller board size. 

True they did but that didnt last long at all. In fact the first 2 books, space marines and necrons, dropped points and those came out almost as soon as 9th dropped

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malakithe said:

True they did but that didnt last long at all. In fact the first 2 books, space marines and necrons, dropped points and those came out almost as soon as 9th dropped

This is so true across all the cod exes, except the decrease was still an increase from 8th just ironed out some of the more drastic increases! So while lumineth may get the more extreme end of the bat, when they get their next battletome it won’t seem so bad! (VOTE LUMINETH 2022, make battles times annual again!) same with any others we will learn to have large increases! Time will help mitigate the issue

1 hour ago, PowerLevel said:

Changes in % :

Dude, you should never trust randos on 4chan /tg, unless there's pics it didn't happen.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Why would you ever run brutes with those changes? They were already weaker than pigs/ardboyz. Maybe thats the tax for not getting wrecked by the coherency changes?

Those point changes look real harsh, but we are getting a new tome soon, so it is not bothering me that much. For the moment I put aos3 on hold, planning to play only after the tome and the faqs for the other armies have landed.

What I really want to know is what is happening to Sons of Behemat points.  A 10% price hike would absolutely kill them (could only fit 2 Megas in 2k) but if everyone else gets hiked and they don't (along with basically every new rule benefiting them) they will go up massively in power level.  Interesting times.

• Like 2

It is funny seeing people getting mad about point increases (which are impacting the whole game) when all I can think is that it will make it cheaper to collect a new army. Maybe I can get dominion an additional battleline, add a stardrake and call it a day... heck maybe battleforces will be 3/4th an army now. Sylvaneth are one of my absolute favourite lines but are far too expensive with the additional scenery and dryad summoning, but if treelords go up enough maybe 2 starter sets and the broken realms box can roughly reach close to 2000. So with GW constantly dictating the cost of this game maybe this new point value is to make up for the incremental price increases that are forcing people out of the hobby or to find alternate games or means of purchasing minis.

As others have pointed out these points will also trend downwards over time. They will often state that they might even reach the current point levels of 2.0 but I have my doubts as the new table dimensions would likely get cluttered. Sure, my current 2000 point Slaves to Darkness and Beastclaw Raiders armies are now over priced but that gives me more switch outs and possible expansions for Path to Glory. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

Many armies wont get that much smaller with battalions no longer eating up any points though. It was not that rare to have 200ish points dedicated to a battalion and/or +1 CP, with these point costs gone, the army sizes probably wont change all that much all in all.

• Like 2

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Why would you ever run brutes with those changes? They were already weaker than pigs/ardboyz. Maybe that's the tax for not getting wrecked by the coherency changes?

Because not all of us care about min/maxing? 

In my eyes the brutes are the best looking of the battleline units available.

Points and rules will change, having a force that makes me feel good when I lay it all out is more important to me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, SunStorm said:

Because not all of us care about min/maxing? 

In my eyes the brutes are the best looking of the battleline units available.

Points and rules will change, having a force that makes me feel good when I lay it all out is more important to me.

Meh, even when playing "for fun", having a beautiful unit that cost a lot and don't do much is so frustrating. Here we're not talking about min/maxing but about being just decent and playable. +40% for brutes would pass them from barely decent to puuuure trash.

• Like 1