The Rumour Thread

Although I'm delighted that GW are pursuing and attracting far greater diversity within the hobby and making much more female sculpts than before, the Female Blood Knight boob armour is a bit sigh.

*Especially* because of how the Armoured skeletons are, I love their Eastern European influence, they've gone full on Dracula with it and across the range in general and I'm continuing to really enjoy seeing GW draw from outside of Western Influence in their faction design aesthetics. Very thoughtful. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Nos said:

*Especially* because of how the Armoured skeletons are, I love their Eastern European influence, they've gone full on Dracula with it and across the range in general and I'm continuing to really enjoy seeing GW draw from outside of Western Influence in their faction design aesthetics. Very thoughtful. 

Glaurio ven Alten is basically a Polish or Hungarian nobleman from XVI/XVII century, you could use him in historical games. Moreover, the bad ogres look and are equippeded just like Russian infantry from XVI/XVII century with their furs, hats and berdysh. What's more, the history of Ulfenkar mirrors the history of many Cenral European countries in the last 200-300 years.

Similarly, you can find MANY far-eastern influences in the lore and aesthetics of LRL.

Cental and Eastern Europe and China are probably the fastest growing markets for GW, hence the shift. We don't really care about (vam)pirates in continental Euro-Asia :) This naval focus is pure Anglo-Saxon thing.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Nullius said:

yeah and I heard they are getting rid of slaanesh because it’s not kid-friendly and then after they make female space marines Games Workshop is getting bought by hasbro and then going bankrupt!!! LOL

This is not even slightly true. Just more nonsense. The stores will be doing demos only until the restrictions on capacity are lifted nationwide, as is perfectly logical and rational. There is a clear series of steps leading to the end goal of the shops returning to normal. 

It is comical is how frothy everyone is getting over this clearly silly idea.

perfect.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

Pleasantly surpirsed but this reveal (again), didn’t expect that much for AOS.

I labsolutely love the new blood knights, zombies and deathrattle. Zombies were high on the list for replacement, these are so much better now ( by the looks of the vidz and the models showed sepeartely seems to have at least 20 differnt models,  or otherwise multiple built options.  Not sure though, but looks more than 10 at least as the ones in the video are different.  Deatrattle didn’t really need an update imho, but I love the eastern europe looks they gave them, as NOS says, they go for dracula all over, and I love it. Blood knights, really happy how they kept them close to the original design, but still considerable improved, and lets hope considerable cheaper too. All in all this going to be a great army with much variety when CC models are mixed in. Can’t wait. Good to have the final offcial confirmation what we already assumed, that we got a separate Soulblight faction, including deathrattle, zombies, bats and wolves. Wonder what it means for LoN.

for WHU, this season is the best ever so far model wise,  imho. oBR not being my favorite, but still looks good.

The BR teaser, interesting...really no clue  what to expect.  The pose, and hair style feels much like the Kurnothi to me, but doesn’t seem to match with the my people are gone statement, and other oarts of what the voiceover tells. Question is if it the one talking or not....lets the speculation begin (oh it already started :)) whatever it is, didn’t see it coming.  I love to be surprised.

so far we are heading for a great AOS year I think, massive update for Slaanesh, second wave of Realm Lords on the horizon, Gravelords, great new models with WHU, Cursed City with awesome new models too,  and at least  3 more BR to look out for, whatever that may bring. And still people find reason to complaint? Sorry, I find  that a bit hard to understand. I think not many people disagree that we are having a extreme,y weird and difficult year for business, so no one should be surprised we have delays, and not everything is going as planned. Not only Covid, but also Brexit. But even without that excuse, the only thing we need is a little bit of patience...is that really so hard?  And what is the alternative, not doing any reveals? guess that would only result in different complaints, about hearing and seeing nothing, AOS  being neglected, 40k getting everything etc etc.  Of course everyone should feel free to ventilate his or hers frustration about anything, but me personally am just really happy and looking forward for what is to come this year.

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Nos said:

Although I'm delighted that GW are pursuing and attracting far greater diversity within the hobby and making much more female sculpts than before, the Female Blood Knight boob armour is a bit sigh.

Honestly I usually hate boob armour, but on a vampire I don't mind it too much because they're vampires, of course they're gonna be vain and put form over function. Not that I wouldn't still prefer regular armour for her too.

Also hard agree on the armoured skeletons, they went in a really cool direction with them (also means that the Cursed City skeletons will fit right in with the regular ones!).

Edited by ShyishBarry
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

E3095B12-4F62-4682-8A38-757B2C068399.jpeg.93545e856fa5ba6ec44cd97ff220aa47.jpeg

seems like there‘s more to come!

OH BOI!

I always loved the old Dire Wolves scultps but my lawd if they're going to make them look even better I cannot bloody wait.

I reckon we'll see:

Dire Wolves
Grave Guard or another style of elite Deathrattle Infantry
Another Vampire 

I wanna say new Zombie Dragon but I think the old sculpt looks fine to the point that it can still stand with the new stuff. I would absolutely love an updated model though! Well, I was looking at my Zombie Dragon and apart from needing a new coat of paint, there's something I still like about it and something I just don't, and I think it's the hunchback pose, I dunno. I absolutely adore the Terrorgheist. If I could find rest of the kit I'd re-model it, as I  think the posing of the Terrorgheist is just so much better. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

OH BOI!

I always loved the old Dire Wolves scultps but my lawd if they're going to make them look even better I cannot bloody wait.

I reckon we'll see:

Dire Wolves
Grave Guard or another style of elite Deathrattle Infantry
Another Vampire 

I wanna say new Zombie Dragon but I think the old sculpt looks fine to the point that it can still stand with the new stuff. I would absolutely love an updated model though! Well, I was looking at my Zombie Dragon and apart from needing a new coat of paint, there's something I still like about it and something I just don't, and I think it's the hunchback pose, I dunno. I absolutely adore the Terrorgheist. If I could find rest of the kit I'd re-model it, as I  think the posing of the Terrorgheist is just so much better. 

Warhammer Weekly had a good take of what centerpiece model might be coming:

Abyssal Terror (look it up for Warhammer fantasy)

• LOVE IT! 2

20 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I doubt we’ll get a new zombie dragon. The current kit does a lot of work for the Flesh Eater Courts so I don’t see it going anywhere, and it holds up fine. 

The current sculpt build as a Zombie Dragon is a darn Meme. It's sp derpy and almost toonish it may be an Clan Eshin Skaven as well. Also, including a second, updated rider for the FEC Build is no issue at all.  

My initial reaction to the Vamp boobplate was mild surprise. I got a bit worried by the Vampiress in the WHU team, but then realised she is a duelist.

However, they are armoured from neck to toe otherwise. No silly 'please stab me in the heart' cleavage window, she's not showing off her knickers (unlike one of the previous vampires).

Now, it's a Warhammer game, so helmets are entirely optional. Let's just give up on that bit.

After a bit of thought about the carnality and arrogance of vampires I think it suits them pretty well.

@rosa I feel it is in all but name. By the time this tome hits I think 'Legions of Nagash' is going to be the equivalent of Grand Alliance Death - I.e. just pick anything you like from Death and smash it together.

Edited by Souleater

1 hour ago, PaniuBraniu said:

Glaurio ven Alten is basically a Polish or Hungarian nobleman from XVI/XVII century, you could use him in historical games. Moreover, the bad ogres look and are equippeded just like Russian infantry from XVI/XVII century with their furs, hats and berdysh. What's more, the history of Ulfenkar mirrors the history of many Cenral European countries in the last 200-300 years.

Similarly, you can find MANY far-eastern influences in the lore and aesthetics of LRL.

Cental and Eastern Europe and China are probably the fastest growing markets for GW, hence the shift. We don't really care about (vam)pirates in continental Euro-Asia :) This naval focus is pure Anglo-Saxon thing.

I don't have any problem if any new miniature breaks with anything historical (or impractical) if they look awesome to see them on the table (I welcome giant hats or small wings). But I  really really love these historical snippets!!!!

Thanks a lot for that input!!

I think the zombie dragon holds up pretty good, it's certainly nowhere near as bad as some of the models most in need of a makeover, so I wouldn't expect it to be replaced anytime soon. Let's not forget that it doesn't only act as a kit for FEC too, but it's also the kit to make Prince Vhordrai.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this on Kragnos but it could be Duardin...

Reason A: link with mountains, crags, Karaks etc.

Reason B: my people were gone... isn’t that the lore behind the dispossessed?

Reason C: the voice has a dwarven accent. Listen to how he says Rock for instance, it’s very close to Gimli

Readon D: something something Fyreslayers...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this on Kragnos but it could be Duardin...

Reason 😄 the voice has a dwarven accent. Listen to how he says Rock for instance, it’s very close to Gimli

Readon 😧 something something Fyreslayers...

I think anything Dispossessed related would probably be tied very strongly in with Grungi, since it feels like he's been established as 'their' god (Grimnir for Fyreslayers, Kharadron don't care about them).

That said, the Chaos Dwarf line on Forge World did just get culled, including the Bull Centaur... and those 'trophies' were very Dwarven...

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PaniuBraniu said:

You can see it with Brogutt Corpse Eater as well!! I hope, personally it continues and they update the Ogor Gluttons, Ironguts, Leadbelchers to better reflect that East Asian/Mongolian influence that has been there for them since WHFB but never fully realised. 

21 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Reason 😄 the voice has a dwarven accent. Listen to how he says Rock for instance, it’s very close to Gimli

Readon 😧 something something Fyreslayers...

This is a good take!! His shield from the Rumour Engine has lots of Duardin pieces and he is carry a large Warhammer type weapon, maybe hes a new Duardin god!! Love this take mate I hope it's TRUE.

Feelings aside all I can do is hope the silent ones come. Ugly is usually the words I think when I see undead models but these ones all look well made. Can't say I like waiting for all this though. Kneeling zombies would be super cool to see too. You will all hopefully get to see the cool side of bugs like me and antscanada. Out of the box creativity is what I like in a model release like undead and bugmen. Uniform looking blood knights look so good I love looking at them all. Sand and gravel effect basing is what I would use on the bugmen models if I got them. Jaded looking models are super cool and the vampire lord with worm tails makes me think that. Wonder when we will see the fourth book so we can know for sure if its silent people. Nailed it on the models man I can't stop gushing even the 40k ork one looks cool and ripe for conversion. All around my opinions are high for this preview. Zombies are one of my favorite tropes definitely going to have to pick some up. I think the future will be super bright from here on out for sigmar. 

^_^    xD

Edited by Barkanaut

The worst thing with these reveals is that just when I'm ready to open my wallet and commit to a single army, GW comes and teases something even cooler. Oh the humanity!

Jests aside, Soulblight look absolutely gorgeous as expected. Real proper Vampire Counts, i.e exactly what I had been hoping for.

Kragnos however, ended up being the reveal (or rather tease) that kept me up at night. A beastman? I don't think he (or the centaur fellow seen in the tease) is kurnothi, I'd expect more aelfy aesthetics in that case. I hope its something beastly instead, as big monsters are inherently cool and fun (as our resident Sons of Behemat fans can attest) and BoC despite the name have a surprising lack of big lumbering beasts.

• LOVE IT! 1

I think they will have a part 2 to the Soulblight preview with dire wolves and other models. There’s a dire wolf on the battletome front and centre so it’s possible. Either way Hedonites, Lumineth, and sisters have had two separate reveals I think we could see more. 

Who’s just waiting for the next week in Warhammer post? I wanna know for sure Lumineth are coming 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Kragnos however, ended up being the reveal (or rather tease) that kept me up at night. A beastman? I don't think he (or the centaur fellow seen in the tease) is kurnothi, I'd expect more aelfy aesthetics in that case. I hope its something beastly instead, as big monsters are inherently cool and fun (as our resident Sons of Behemat fans can attest) and BoC despite the name have a surprising lack of big lumbering beasts.

See I think the thing that excites me is that maybe Kragnos is related to the Kurnothi but isn't an Aelf. I keep thinking what if this faction that we all assumed would be purely Aelven is more of a feral faction of various species tied to Kragnos and/or Kurnoth? Maybe they are rival gods of nature and one is allied to Alarielle and the other is a destruction God(beast). I just love the image of some modern faun inspired woodelves fighting alongside Sylvaneth against some Bonesplitterz with some feral forest folk... cousins from a bygone era. Then you can add Silent people to death as an insectoid race of discarded sentient carapaces and each grand alliance would have a bestial faction. I doubt it would ever happen as Games workshop would likely not support an army pulling double duty like that...

9f2.gif

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

Also, I didn't watch the Twitch stream but they did say someone in that chat guessed correctly what faction Kragnos was linked to. Does this give a shortlist of likely candidates or was it like 3 dozen guesses at once?

Personally I would LOVE Beasts of Chaos to get a revamp - even a little one where we get new kits of Centigor, Shaggoth, etc. The only problem I could see is that I've always loved the BoC aesthetic and I worry that GW might give them the Lumineth treatment (i.e. take a bizarre sidestep in a new direction).

And before anyone flames me about Lumineth, I'm allowed to not like them!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1