The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

As someone who hate demons is pretty annoying how they keep getting releases while others factions get ignored.

In around 3 years demons got nurgle box, khorne vs slanesh box, tzhench box, another slanesh box. And every tome releases came with tons of new miniatures with slanesh getting more new models than some armys total roster. 

And now slanesh will get a new tome, with new models and maybe even a god model??? Pretty dam annoying. Where are new units for ironjaws, fireslayers, idoneths or dok( besides the new tiny serpent recolour hero),sylvaneth etc etc etc.

Only daemons and posterboys got new units in all aos, besides the typical mini hero releases. Why is that?? This favouritism is the reason people hates 40k posterboys, sigmars here etc, and the reason i hate daemons too. Why only those factions get love and every other faction dont get anything

Slaanesh has historically had very very few releases. In fact it was a very long rumour that Slaanesh was going to be dropped they'd gone so long without a release. Slaanesh also only got 5 new releases and lost several metal models (hero on foot, hero on mount) with their new book. So that's hardly a great number of sculpts. 

It's also very unlikely any army would get a Chaos God model, they just don't appear on the battlefields and Slaanesh already has a brand new big Keeper Greater Demon model. If slaanesh escapes it won't be to appear on the tabletop. Slaanesh on any tabletop would win

• Like 8

I with warhammer weekly prediction that Slaanesh get release mid broken realm narrative but it leads to everybody turning their attention on the chaos god (including the other three chaos gods) and turning a blind eye on another threat. One that requires sigmar to release another chamber to deal with.

Their hot take was Skaven was the big bad since they are unique concept and their range was in a similar state to Necron before the new edition.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

I with warhammer weekly prediction that Slaanesh get release mid broken realm narrative but it leads to everybody turning their attention on the chaos god (including the other three chaos gods) and turning a blind eye on another threat. One that requires sigmar to release another chamber to deal with.

Their hot take was Skaven was the big bad since they are unique concept and their range was in a similar state to Necron before the new edition.

Yup, they had some cool ideas!

In terms of releases there are two types of updates are needed: model refreshes and expansions. 

Typically model lines with lots of resin or very outdated models need to be refreshed but are fairly complete as armies. For example Cities of Sigmar, Seraphon and Skaven have pretty comprehensive lines but need some massive overhauls to their line in terms of models. 

On the other hand many of the newer ranges can use expansions to their ranges: Lumineth, Fyreslayers, Daughters of Khaine and Flesh Eater Courts can use more models and rules.

Personally in terms of focus going forward I think switching between the two types of release would appeal most to me as both a collector and as a hobbyist with of course a mix of new factions. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I mean there’s been a lot of elf releases in recent years, lots of death, lots of stormcast, I think skaven could do with a refresh more but some of slaneshes stuff is awful. 

I think Sylvaneth and Seraphon could do with some revamps. The dryads are old and so are the seraphon troops and cavalry, good that cavalry is awful.

I may be in the minority here but I really love the Dryad kit. It's one of the best kits for conversions and unorthodox builds that I've ever worked with, particularly for someone who is only a novice with greenstuff.

Totally with you on Seraphon though. Saurus Knights are the worst.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, novakai said:

Don't give me hope.... plastic Acolytes, new Rat Ogors, updated Eshin units...faints.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

I think Slanessh escaping and becoming the big bad for 3rd edition would be plausible and interesting. It would give a good reason for Malerion to come out of the shadows too. Not sure what stormcast chamber would be the starter box though I’d imagine they’d stick to them however. 

I feel like Covenant Chamber would be the way to go.  Seems like a religiously devout chamber would be the Sigmar-Approved opposition to Slaanesh.

I always felt Desolation Chamber would be anti-Desolation. Fight fire with fire.

That just leaves the Logister Chamber (by far the least inspiring name. Sigmar's bean-counters anyone?)  Which I suppose might technically be a counter to Slaanesh if they lean less into Logistics Analysts and more into Logical Vulcans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

That just leaves the Logister Chamber (by far the least inspiring name. Sigmar's bean-counters anyone?)  Which I suppose might technically be a counter to Slaanesh if they lean less into Logistics Analysts and more into Logical Vulcans.

Well the only way to truly defeat Slaanesh, the God of excitement and experiences, is by stifling all joy in life through bureaucracy... so my vote’s on logister chamber. 

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

I feel like Covenant Chamber would be the way to go.  Seems like a religiously devout chamber would be the Sigmar-Approved opposition to Slaanesh.

I always felt Desolation Chamber would be anti-Desolation. Fight fire with fire.

My guess is the Logister Chamber is logistics and transportation for stormcast ( maybe stormcast skyships, seems we might see more skyship based enemies)

I think the Ruination Chamber are the stormcast counterpart to SM terminators,  Stronger and tougher stormcast who are more heavily armed and  armored. With heavenly  war machines.  They are the anti-destruction chamber.

I think the Covenant Chamber will be stormcast who have developed more extreme supernatural abilities and characteristics, such as growing literal angel wings. Or it could just be a priestly chamber.

Edited by xking

2 minutes ago, xking said:

I think the Covenant Chamber will be stormcast who have developed more extreme supernatural abilities and characteristics, such as growing literal angel wings. Or it could just be a priestly chamber

I think the Covenant Chamber is a Dispossessed chamber.  I think this was the covenant made between Sigmar and Grungni in return for Grungni making the Anvil of Apotheosis and providing the services of the Six-smiths.  A bit left-field, I admit,  but it has a certain logic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Well the only way to truly defeat Slaanesh, the God of excitement and experiences, is by stifling all joy in life through bureaucracy... so my vote’s on logister chamber. 

their terrain piece is a might abacus of doom that sends out lightning bolts every time a bit of accounting is done, and stuns the opponents with thunderclaps every time the balls smack into each other, and that's before we've even started on the ledger of Lordly might.

• Like 2

Logister chamber will first appear in a new boxed game called Storm Heist, where a ragtag group of criminals raid Sigmar's wagon trains. Play as the Grotbag Scuttler getaway flyer, Ogor muscle, Black Corsair gunslinger (but with handbows), or the Tzeentchian wizard mastermind.

• Like 1

If Lady Atia says Slannesh is incoming, then he is. I don't think Atia ever even talked about Slaanesh mortals, but if its Slaanesh I think mortals would be more likely than more daemons. Recently, she's only been leaving vague hints in the War of Sigmar comments, so actually making a full post for this probably means its sooner than we think. I think last time she made an actual post hinting at the future was before 9th talking about the Silent King returning and 9th incoming with Necrons. And before that, I believe it was when 8th was incoming with Death Guard. So, by another "circle" I think she's referring to a new edition like other people have guessed.

I really hope we get some more Slaangor in the vein of that one from Warhammer Underworlds! One step closer to having every flavor of marked Beastmen models.

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Broken Realms: Morathi's up for preorder in New Zeland, and it looks like people guessed right and Har Kuron's Anvilgard under Morathi -likely we're gonna see 1 in 4 Stormcast units swapped out for Daughters of Khaine? Should be nice for old school Dark Elf fans, though not sure how applicable 'of Sigmar' is anymore...

- Two new sets of allegiance abilities for the Cities of Sigmar, representing the newly-annexed Anvilgard – now known as Har Kuron – and the shadowy domain of Misthåvn, each with their own abilities, artefacts, command traits, and more.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Broken-Realms-Morathi-EN-2020

• Like 2

Looking at the nz site it looks like slaves to darkness being in idoneth deepkin on the contents page actually went to print.  

I'm on the fence still about buying a box of chariots.. no preview on the rules, seems the warscrolls are unchanged unless a points drop so ill wait til i can read the book with the new battalion first.

42 minutes ago, novakai said:

full warscrolls are up on the New zealand site as well for Ironscale and Lord of pain

Ironscale's CA allows 1 unit of Medusai to run and  still Charge/Shoot as well as allow them to run 2D6

Lord of Pain allow 1 unit of Slaanesh's mortal units to reroll hits

HEDONITE MORTAL so not std unit whit mark of Slaanersh