The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's new paper. At the same time its new GW paper and GW paper isn't cheap, plus if they are spending money on paper it means they've intentions to keep that force around. As I've said before, if GW wanted Cities gone in the short to medium term they'd have killed them at the 2.0 changeover. That was the natural point for GW to kill off armies and get away with it with muted backlash because they were rebuilding the game. From 2.0 onward I'd expect medium to long term support for each army. With the potential exception for Legions of Nagash and Cities of Sigmar as both could be armies that, eventually, get fragmented into their own standing forces. Ergo not so much lost as grown outside. 

I know GW paper is very expensive, but with SM we see that it's not always all that durable. Not to mention that the Warpriest is on the cover of Soulbound and it has been sacrificed to power a redundant Knight Questor, and Witch hunters are in recent books and they also didn't survive the culling. Then we have GHB's with rules in them that are valid for only a year (like Mercenaries).

GW does not seem to care about backlash at all, and pricing of rules hasn't indicated quality or longevity before.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3

Another albeit unlikely idea is some sort of sylvaneth hero type character. 

Hear me out- Sillhouette looks a lot like a dryad. They also already have bird shaped bits, just like that one although favor owls over ravens. They also already have a little 'house' shaped bit up top. I think it is from one of the sylvaneth wildwoods, I think the older ones. 

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

I find it notable that none of the folks who frequently post about how GW is an inch from squatting Cities have eaten their hats upon seeing new rules for cities in the very first Broken Realms book.

Well, it's rude to talk with your mouth full.

• Haha 4

I like the new Bugman model. It was a little jarring to have a KO model having a Dispossessed axe, but I guess it is his ancient heirloom passed down from Josef Bugman himself.

I think also, the history of the Duardin factions allows me to remain cautiously optimistic that we'll still be able to see new Cities of Sigmar miniatures in the future. At the end of the day, they were all one Duardin race at some point, so no reason why Bugmans descendent couldn't become a Kharadron Overlord.

It's great to see a whole bunch of AoS stuff dropping in one week as well. There's still a lot to fit into the remainder of the year (I'm hoping the new Warcry Grand Alliance books come out sooner rather than later). Probably will pick up one or two new of the new boxed sets depending on price.

• Like 4

With the stuff revealed today coming out on the 14th that leaves 5 more release weeks until Christmas. 

We have 

Bloodbowl

Underworlds

2 more 40k codexs

Xmas boxes 

What's in the 5th slot? 

There are still marines and Necrons to come or something shiny and new maybe? 

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

With the stuff revealed today coming out on the 14th that leaves 5 more release weeks until Christmas. 

We have 

Bloodbowl

Underworlds

2 more 40k codexs

Xmas boxes 

What's in the 5th slot? 

Next Broken Realms book :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

We have 

Bloodbowl

Underworlds

2 more 40k codexs

Xmas boxes 

What's in the 5th slot? 

Warcray order destruktion death and chaos batletombs?

7 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I find it notable that none of the folks who frequently post about how GW is an inch from squatting Cities have eaten their hats upon seeing new rules for cities in the very first Broken Realms book.

No don't engage them!!! That's like saying bloody mary in the mirror three times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

We have 

Bloodbowl

Underworlds

2 more 40k codexs

Xmas boxes 

What's in the 5th slot? 

Good chance the weekends around Christmas will be fairly empty.

if anything I can imagine maybe something like a ‘Made To Order’ release.

last year there were also things like the Blackstone Fortress Annual & Tome of Champions to fit in.

Could see them giving BSF a proper send off with a final annual, there’s a fair few White Dwarf articles from the past year they could repackage there.

——-

also the Bugman’s model. It’s GREAT! but calm down people some times a ltd edition Christmas model is just a ltd edition Christmas model, not the ghost of model ranges to come.

it’s like if 40k players had feverishly debated whether last year’s Red Gobbo model was the prelude to a new all candy cane Gretchin direction.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Maybe a sign what might happen with ordinary Disposessed? Heavy ground-Kharadron armour in combination with classic duardin crafted weapons? :) I’d love that

That screams Barak-Thryng to me. Maybe it's time to see new special characters/miniatures for all this sub-faccions? I miss ol'named dudes like Alrik, Barzak Belegar, Long Drong, Ungrim, Garagrim, etc... hope to see new ones "again"!!!

• Like 5

Some notes about Bugmansson beer: 

• It seems to be really exclusive (being "exotic" in Soulbound) and cost a lot (you can have a nice meal with the same cost of one "XXXXXX" pint).
  • Kharadrons seems to be the ones that inherited the passion for our beloved ale, having 4 different beers exported between all free cities (XXXXXX and Magmalt being the most exclusives).
  • The Dark Ale from Barak-Thryng seems to be a good competitor for "XXXXXX", followed by Kezraak Stout (Kharadrons) and Magmalt (Fyreslayers) beers.
  • Magmalt seems to be one of the strongest beers in the Realms.

Can't wait to learn more!!!

Edited by Beliman
Grammar
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I like the new Bugman model. It was a little jarring to have a KO model having a Dispossessed axe, but I guess it is his ancient heirloom passed down from Josef Bugman himself.

I think also, the history of the Duardin factions allows me to remain cautiously optimistic that we'll still be able to see new Cities of Sigmar miniatures in the future. At the end of the day, they were all one Duardin race at some point, so no reason why Bugmans descendent couldn't become a Kharadron Overlord.

It's great to see a whole bunch of AoS stuff dropping in one week as well. There's still a lot to fit into the remainder of the year (I'm hoping the new Warcry Grand Alliance books come out sooner rather than later). Probably will pick up one or two new of the new boxed sets depending on price.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Maybe a sign what might happen with ordinary Disposessed? Heavy ground-Kharadron armour in combination with classic duardin crafted weapons? :) I’d love that

Barak Thryng would fit quite well with a more traditional weapon. As for new models, we'll have to see. I wouldn't mind the idea JackStreicher has though, it would not be bad for Kharadron to have some ground troops, which may sound odd, but it allows for a rebalancing of AoS as a whole away from ranged combat without throwing away the best looking faction.

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

also the Bugman’s model. It’s GREAT! but calm down people some times a ltd edition Christmas model is just a ltd edition Christmas model, not the ghost of model ranges to come.

it’s like if 40k players had feverishly debated whether last year’s Red Gobbo model was the prelude to a new all candy cane Gretchin direction.

Well, there was the Squat in Techpriest Grombrindel that caused at least some waves.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

That screams Barak-Thryng to me. Maybe it's time to see new special characters/miniatures for all this sub-faccions? I miss ol'named dudes like Alrik, Barzak Belegar, Long Drong, Ungrim, Garagrim, etc... hope to see new ones "again"!!!

1 hour ago, michu said:

His armour is in colors of Barak-Nar. But he's going to join my Barak-Urbaz fleet.

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

And my Throng of sturdy grumbling dwarfs.

can’t have the beer brewer missing.

I hope he either has no fixed skyport, or it's Thryng. Nar has two named heroes already, and he really does scream Thryng in his design. It's the most traditional dwarf you could think of. As for pricing; I'd go as high as 25 euro's, maybe 27.5, but if it's 32 for a foot hero, that isn't going to happen. 

45 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Some notes about Bugmansson beer: 

• It seems to be really exclusive (being "exotic" in Soulbound) and cost a lot (you can have a nice meal with the same cost of one "XXXXXX" pint).
  • Kharadrons seems to be the ones that inherited the passion for our beloved ale, having 4 different beers exported between all free cities (XXXXXX and Magmalt being the most exclusives).
  • The Dark Ale from Barak-Thryng seems to be a good competitor for "XXXXXX", followed by Kezraak Stout (Kharadrons) and Magmalt (Fyreslayers) beers.
  • Magmalt seems to be one of the strongest beers in the Realms.

Can't wait to learn more!!!

Yeah, I think brewing beer is a bit easier for the alchemically minded dwarves trading everywhere than for dwarves that live in places where wheat and hops don't grow. That said, instead of Steinrauch beer (heated by tossing hot rocks in the wort), you could make the beer with rocks from recent battlefields to celebrate and remember your victories.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Barak Thryng would fit quite well with a more traditional weapon. As for new models, we'll have to see. I wouldn't mind the idea JackStreicher has though, it would not be bad for Kharadron to have some ground troops, which may sound odd, but it allows for a rebalancing of AoS as a whole away from ranged combat without throwing away the best looking faction.

100% with this!! We have Grumblemaestros in our books, just build a new unit around them too! We need more plunder personal trades!

• Like 1