The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Forrix said:

The Champion of Heldenhmer- A mysterious character ala the Celestant-Prime but he's just a basic 5 wound 4+ save hero with a special ability that allows one unit of Liberators to reroll save rolls of 1 if they're equipped with shields or generate extra attacks on an unmodified hit roll of 6 if they're dual wielding. Costs 180 points and is GW's attempt to bring Liberators up to par with Sequitors.

Libs with shields already reroll 1s. But if you meant reroll all failed saves instead, then that's pretty cool.

41 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I've heard there will be there 3 of them

Helda Stormborne- Knight-Incantor that doesn't damage herself with flasks and also does d6 mortal wounds with her spirit storm spell. Costs 20 points more than a regular Knight-Incantor.

Galiant Surefire-A Lord Aquilor that allows Vanguard-Hunters to shoot without los to their targets. Costs 20 points less than a regular Lord-Aquilor.

The Champion of Heldenhmer- A mysterious character ala the Celestant-Prime but he's just a basic 5 wound 4+ save hero with a special ability that allows one unit of Liberators to reroll save rolls of 1 if they're equipped with shields or generate extra attacks on an unmodified hit roll of 6 if they're dual wielding. Costs 180 points and is GW's attempt to bring Liberators up to par with Sequitors.

Expect them to come out in February as Rountree has been heard threatening executions if staff don't get another Stormcast release out soon.

Wasted opportunity if they don‘t bring in Balthas(ar Gelt)

they already get the shield rerolls?

Edited by JackStreicher

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Stormcast with a 4 up? Lies. 

Heraldor already has a 4+

38 minutes ago, Forrix said:

They are just the regular rules for Liberators?

I have a feeling that post about Stormcast was a joke. 

It will be interesting to see how the rumours pan out. Given the number of rumours I’m surprised that there is so little info about Slaanesh and Slaves to Darkness which are the two books we are pretty confident are coming. 

I also thought ironjawz would be highly likely to get an expanded new book this year so it isn’t strange to hear nothing about them. 

Gw abandoning greenskins makes a lot more sense if they are being replaced by an expanded ironjawz range. 

The lvo seminar is on Thursday February 7th at 8pm local time, so it is not long until we get the next official news. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I think it was a fairly low effort book.   Old GW was very prone to this when there was not a lot of enthusiasm within the current studio team for specific armies.

I suggest checking out the new Stormcast podcast episode 2. The designer is interviewed and gives lots of insight. The Beasts book was not low effort.

That said, it may be suffering from the Cruddace effect. He was assigned Tomb Kings as his first fantasy book, and he failed very badly as a result of not having a clue what he was doing with them. He got better over time, but TK were miserable for years. The guy who did Beasts was brand new when he got the assignment.

So, maybe just bad results, but not low effort.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 123lac said:

Disappointed to read that Seraphon are not getting new models. They really need to update the old Skinks and Saurus.

The one thing holding me back from collecting Seraphon is that I don't like their old battle line choices.

Yeah the skinks don't look too bad, but I think the Saurus look a bit awkward and need an update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 123lac said:

Disappointed to read that Seraphon are not getting new models. They really need to update the old Skinks and Saurus.

The one thing holding me back from collecting Seraphon is that I don't like their old battle line choices.

I am personally glad they are keeping the current models especially the skinks. Aesthetics are personal opinion and something that everyone has a strong opinion on. 

The only models in the current range that I think are in need of a refresh are the razardon/salamander skink handlers. 

10 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I think it was a fairly low effort book.   Old GW was very prone to this when there was not a lot of enthusiasm within the current studio team for specific armies.  The current teams may still suffer from this issue.   I will say that I think the Beasts of Chaos book was still a good book in regards to the format of how they structured the army - even if they did have a number of misses in terms of unit rules & point costs.  The overall structure of how they army works seems like the part that is best nailed down early.  The point values can be altered in subsequent editions of the General's Handbook.  Units can be tweaked in an errata, new edition of the GHB, or in the most drastic case a new book release later down the road. 

If they did indeed make some big mistakes in regards to the unit design then hopefully they are willing to do something to address those issues rather than letting them sit until a new book.

I think it’s more down to the learning curve of the team. It’s a valiant effort but it was the first book designed by the guy that did hinterlands. 

Personally I have had great fun playing against it. And also feel that there are non tzeentch lists that will do good at tournaments but it’s going to take a couple of big tournaments for top players to figure it out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

I think it’s more down to the learning curve of the team. It’s a valiant effort but it was the first book designed by the guy that did hinterlands. 

Personally I have had great fun playing against it. And also feel that there are non tzeentch lists that will do good at tournaments but it’s going to take a couple of big tournaments for top players to figure it out. 

Joel McGrath actually placed 4th at Cancon with a non-Tzaangor list (Bestigors, Ungors, and Raiders, mostly) to prove that you can do well without the Tzaangor stuff. But he's an extremely good player and most people would not be able to pilot that list to a strong finish. I've taken very similar sort of lists to a few tournaments but had mid-level finishes until I swapped in a unit of 6 Enlightened and  6 Skyfires into my army. It's analogous to playing Deepkin with all Namarti Reavers and Thralls, and no Eels at all. 

Unfortunately there's a lot of just plain bad warscroll design in the Beasts of Chaos book, with plenty of units that fail at their intended role, or have no role at all, and lack synergy with the rest of the army. And that's difficult to fix with points, and really limits what sort of lists you can build for competitive play. For example, the classic Gor (which was never even close to being OP) was rendered completely useless by the inexplicable nerf it received in the battletome that made it's role redundant with that of Ungors. It's difficult to fix with points since they are already pretty cheap at 10/30 for 80/210. 

The Beastlord, which is the only classic Brayherd unit that lacks run+charge, is also an example of bad warscroll design from a gameplay and thematic perspective. He's supposed to be a Bestigor that bested the previous Beastlord, but then he inexplicably lost the ability to run+charge? It makes him too slow to keep up with the army and buff the units that he's supposed to buff, with a CA that is already very situational and difficult to trigger. He just doesn't work in his intended role, because Beasts of Chaos units do not want to (and are not really able to) enter into prolonged combats. 

The Cygor is a good example of a bad design as well, with a warscroll designed for wizard-sniping before the introduction of Look-Out-Sir, that was inexplicably not updated at all for the rule. Even before AoS 2.0 it was an unreliable wizard-sniper, but now it's even worse. And even if they give it a huge points drop in the next GHB it just doesn't really do what it's supposed to do, and that's disappointing. 

tl;dr I wish someone thought more carefully about the warscrolls. Bad pointing can be fixed in the GHB, but bad warscrolls are sticking around until the next army update in X years. /endrant

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Plastic Slann/Kroak and Hunting Packs are the most dire. It's almost $1 per point in CAD to field an ancient derpy looking Salamander. So many people in the community are fed up and kitbashing their own because of it.

For the alternative builds in the Seraphon kits. I think this is actually pretty possible. Here's a few:

- Skink Master of Skies: Skink HQ built from Terradon kit.

- Ark of Sotek: Separated warscroll of Bastilladon to better tune abilities and points.

- Skink Oracle: Skink rider from Troglodon that could easily be on footed like the oldblood.

- Stegadon with Skystreak Bow/Flamethrower seperation.

Those are the few I can see as being possible. Honestly, outside of the HQ Master of Skies and split Bastilladons, not much else is super likely.

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

The GW Store is under Maintenance - initiate PANIC Rumour mode!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Nah, most likely just maintenance.