The Rumour Thread

It seems like everyone is expecting Moonclan to get something, but I'm unsure that that's not just community hype confirmation. The two Moonclan things we have had are Underworlds (which has never preluded an army release in the past) and Malign Portents (which seems to have 'ended' now, at least when promoting it). It's 50/50 on whether the MP models heralded their army release, but all have had an Underworlds faction associated with them and so that may be the tie. We also have LLV saying there will be a Moonclan release, but his sources may have mistook the Underworlds models for a big release (or maybe was given a false lead after leaking info about AoS 2). In addition, he also mentioned that they'd be bug themed, but the Underworlds models don't seem to be. There are also some rumour engines, but they can be so vague and full of misdirection that I don't think we can use them as evidence for much. 

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm incorrect and I think Destruction really needs something - I would love Moonclan to get a release! But I just want to warn against being too hyped. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Enoby said:

It seems like everyone is expecting Moonclan to get something, but I'm unsure that that's not just community hype confirmation. The two Moonclan things we have had are Underworlds (which has never preluded an army release in the past) and Malign Portents (which seems to have 'ended' now, at least when promoting it). It's 50/50 on whether the MP models heralded their army release, but all have had an Underworlds faction associated with them and so that may be the tie. We also have LLV saying there will be a Moonclan release, but his sources may have mistook the Underworlds models for a big release (or maybe was given a false lead after leaking info about AoS 2). In addition, he also mentioned that they'd be bug themed, but the Underworlds models don't seem to be. There are also some rumour engines, but they can be so vague and full of misdirection that I don't think we can use them as evidence for much. 

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm incorrect and I think Destruction really needs something - I would love Moonclan to get a release! But I just want to warn against being too hyped. 

Jeah. That is what I am also fearing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like those new Underworld models. But in my opinion this isn't enough support for Destruction compared to all the other Grand Alliances. 

I am still on the fence if we are really getting a new Destruction faction, or if we will instead get another two or three Stormcast Chambers or new Chaos factions before we will even come close to anything Destruction related. And maybe in the end we will just get one model after a long wait.

I would hope for a cool and big Moonclan/Troggoth release, but I don't want to expect too much. As a Destruction player you are often used to being disappointed.

15 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Jeah. That is what I am also fearing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like those new Underworld models. But in my opinion this isn't enough support for Destruction compared to all the other Grand Alliances. 

I am still on the fence if we are really getting a new Destruction faction, or if we will instead get another two or three Stormcast Chambers or new Chaos factions before we will even come close to anything Destruction related. And maybe in the end we will just get one model after a long wait.

I would hope for a cool and big Moonclan/Troggoth release, but I don't want to expect too much. As a Destruction player you are often used to being disappointed.

I really hope there's no more Sigmarine stuff for years and years. They already have the largest choice of models, and all are new plastic. Literally every faction deserves something new before Stormcast.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

I really hope there's no more Sigmarine stuff for years and years. 

I have a horrible feeling you’ll be disappointed. I’m guessing there will be one new ‘chamber’ opened each year or so, tied to whatever ‘bad’ faction is getting some shine that season.

So Sacrosanct faced off against Nighthaunt. And the Ruination, Covenant and Logister Chambers will each have a corresponding nemesis that prompted their chamber’s opening (GW shareholders notwithstanding as the ultimate big bads here).

id guess one of these will be designed as a specific anti-daemon style chapter and maybe tie into a big chaos release. Has there been any fluff at all about the unopened chambers yet?

• Sad 1

As much as Stormcast sell well I really hope its not one chamber at year - they've already got model bloat and if they keep going at that rate they will end up with worse bloat than Space Marines - even worse for being a single army and not at least spread over a large number of specific chapters. Already they've got more model listings than some whole Grand Alliances. 

GW make fantastic models and I'm 100% sure that more heroes and such can be added, but adding more and more base troops and such whilst other armies are sorely lacking is just setting GW up for their own pitfall of a trap. Ergo ending up with Stormcast getting all the attention thus being the biggest seller thus getting all the attention e tc...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

I really hope there's no more Sigmarine stuff for years and years. 

The good news is that’s there’s no such thing as a Sigmarine! I can say with relative certainty that Games Workshop has no intention of releasing any Sigmarines for Age of Sigmar in the near future. 

Stormcast, on the other hand, are bound to see additional releases in the foreseeable future. 

?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Don't expect GW to stop making new Stormcasts, they are the main force of the game, just like Space Marines, and like Space Marines I expect to see a better distiction between the chambers (or chapters) in some future editions.

This is the trend.

STOP WHINING ABOUT NEW STORMCASTS.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No. Let GW hear us - no more Stormcasts. Be creative, be ambitious. They've already became the last army I have interest in. New chambers will only strenghten my aversion towards them. So many armies wait for support and as many wait yet to be introduced. They have easily like 15 releases to be done before more Stormcasts - Grots, Vampires, Zombies, normal Humans, Darkoath, Slaanesh, light and dark aelves, troggoths, gargants, firmir, skeletons and support for Ironjawz, Fyreslayers, BCR, Bonesplitterz and tons more. No more Stormcasts. Otherwise they will oversteain us with Stormcasts and they are teally close to doing that. And I know many think the same as me. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

I'd prefer that resources are channeled into the development of other factions. I'd also be beneficial for the story to play around something else than Sigmar and his war against the Chaos. 

Pre-ordered Realmslayer today, can't wait to pick up Teclis and Tyrion omnibus in December too. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aryann said:

No. Let GW hear us - no more Stormcasts. Be creative, be ambitious. They've already became the last army I have interest in. New chambers will only strenghten my aversion towards them. So many armies wait for support and as many wait yet to be introduced. They have easily like 15 releases to be done before more Stormcasts - Grots, Vampires, Zombies, normal Humans, Darkoath, Slaanesh, light and dark aelves, troggoths, gargants, firmir, skeletons and support for Ironjawz, Fyreslayers, BCR, Bonesplitterz and tons more. No more Stormcasts. Otherwise they will oversteain us with Stormcasts and they are teally close to doing that. And I know many think the same as me. 

And yet, many are happy about more Stormcasts and buy them. They just arent as vocal as people who cant stand SCE. 
I have heared it before every Stormcasts release "Oh, I dont like Stormcasts. I dont want anymore of them" but more often then not people come around and say that they like the style of the new chamber. GW sees the data and they must have come to the conclusion that new chambers are good for buisness. 

They will stop prioritising them when they stop selling so well. So the easiest solution is to not buy them and let other people enjoy their minitures. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't expect anti-stormcast data, what I'd hope we see is big sales on non-stormcast things to encourage GW to keep making other stuff too. Really its more just a concern that there's so much in AoS that needs updating that isn't Stormcast; GW has a huge wealth of choices 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BrownDog said:

The 'RealmSlayer' Audio series is on preorder, even though I can't play them, that disk art is tempting me to buy it.60680281014_GotrekRealmslayerCD03.jpg

That Disc Art is so good. You you know if it's all Johan Grenier who painted them? I love the one in the bottom left, the guy in the middle & the one the top right.

Its always been the dance they have to do. Stormcast sell well for sure, but if they are the majority of releases then it will just be Stormcast vs. Stormcast every game which is anti fun (Atleast for me lol). At least in 40k you have chaos marines to spread the aesthetic to make sense, not that I want to ever see traitor Stormcast. A more realistic hope, rather then full stop on Stormcast, is hopefully they shift away from big chamber releases to more centerpiece models, HQ's and elite choices for them. Small releases to keep the Stormcast in the centre of the story but not give them the spotlight everytime. They've got the model range that already dwarfs most other alliances, let alone factions. 

After all, Stormcast are cool but a stories only as good as its villains. Setting your golden boys up across from a rampaging grot horde bubbling up from the deeps, or the forces of the ruinous powers just seems more fun then mirror matches you can't fluff up lol.

PS: Send destruction fluff and updates. We're hungry xD

Edit: Also those disc sets look sweet! Always down for some more lore!

Edited by Shankelton
  • Like 1

I just find it odd with things like stormcast. You have a flagship range, it sells well, it seems rather popular (selling well and actually being brought for painting and gaming are separate things- it's easy to sell well when almost every box contains stormcast.) Yet they cram everything in to one battletome. Yet other battletomes have very few options, seem like they would be very niche (things like DoK, KO, FS) and get a battletome to themselves. I would have thought we would have gotten a stormcast vanilla battletome (like the 'space marine' codex) then a whole bunch of other smaller battletomes covering the more unique chambers (your 'blood angel' & 'space wolves' codexs, if you will)  

I know stormcast are not organised like space marines directly, which makes my analogy a little off, but I do still find it strange. I love the KO and DoK, but they do feel more like 'warbands' or offshots off a larger collective army. (narratively speaking)

As for realmslayer, that art is fantastic! It's great to see them put so much effort into this- from the casting, the length of the audio, the boxset itself, everything is just fantastic. If they put this much effort into all the narrative going forward it will be a great time for fantasy as whole, not just AoS the game. Just having art on the cds alone, its such a small detail but makes for a much more attractive product. Feels a lot less clinical, which is something I feel games workshop has become recently. Everything looks the same and had a very cold, manufactured feel to it.

2 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

I just find it odd with things like stormcast. You have a flagship range, it sells well, it seems rather popular (selling well and actually being brought for painting and gaming are separate things- it's easy to sell well when almost every box contains stormcast.) Yet they cram everything in to one battletome. Yet other battletomes have very few options, seem like they would be very niche (things like DoK, KO, FS) and get a battletome to themselves. I would have thought we would have gotten a stormcast vanilla battletome (like the 'space marine' codex) then a whole bunch of other smaller battletomes covering the more unique chambers (your 'blood angel' & 'space wolves' codexs, if you will)  

They had different battletomes for the various chambers at first. The very first battletome covered the warrior chamber while the Battletome Extremis Chamber covered the dracoths. But the feedback was rather negativ and when they changed to the new battletome format with the sylvaneth they decided to have it all in one book. 

3 hours ago, Bradipo322 said:

STOP WHINING ABOUT NEW STORMCASTS.

While @Aryann said it before me, and likely more eloquently, I do believe that this is an unhealthy view to take. Yes, there is definitely such a thing as excessive whining, but if there are enough people saying that they are disappointed by new Stormcast then GW should know. Without criticism, we'd never improve.

There was a thread in the Dakka Dakka forum (I believe it was started by @Overread) asking why people hadn't jumped on board with AoS. Within the numerous and varied responses, there did seem to be a few who were put off due to excessive Stormcast. I myself lost interest for the game during 2017 due to the SC release - I was sick of them, and it felt hamfisted. I know it sounds odd, but I was excited to see what was coming up only to be surprised with more Stormcast. It made me wonder what other armies could have benefited from the resources spent on that release. I'm happy that others were happy with that release (and my opinion is no more important than theirs), but it is just as important for GW to know that other people were not elated with the amount of Stormcast.

Even now I find it very difficulty to connect with the lore due to how difficult it is to avoid the SC. I'm not interested in them (and I've tried to be), and when 90% of mainline stories seem to be about them (and the lore moves forward with them) it's difficult to stay invested. I'm not saying that they should stop with SC, but some variety wouldn't hurt anyone (I'm sure it'd help).

Maybe I'm alone in SC releases killing my hype (I don't think this is the case, but there's no data either way), but if it happens to a lot of people then it's something GW should be wary of.

To sum my point up, to change for the better criticism is necessary and it is unhelpful to label constructive criticism (or concerns) as whining.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Its always been the dance they have to do. Stormcast sell well for sure, but if they are the majority of releases then it will just be Stormcast vs. Stormcast every game which is anti fun (Atleast for me lol). At least in 40k you have chaos marines to spread the aesthetic to make sense, not that I want to ever see traitor Stormcast. A more realistic hope, rather then full stop on Stormcast, is hopefully they shift away from big chamber releases to more centerpiece models, HQ's and elite choices for them. Small releases to keep the Stormcast in the centre of the story but not give them the spotlight everytime. They've got the model range that already dwarfs most other alliances, let alone factions. 

After all, Stormcast are cool but a stories only as good as its villains. Setting your golden boys up across from a rampaging grot horde bubbling up from the deeps, or the forces of the ruinous powers just seems more fun then mirror matches you can't fluff up lol.

In about 1 year of playing I only played a Sttormcast Vs Stormcast battle once (in a 2 Vs 2 battle) and I have encountered only 2 other Stormcast players.

In the same time I played a lot (really a lot) against Death and Khorne and this is getting boring. In my playgroup I'm the only one that plays Order (one of my friend have an old Seraphon army but he don't uses them very much).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Enoby said:

While @Aryann said it before me, and likely more eloquently, I do believe that this is an unhealthy view to take. Yes, there is definitely such a thing as excessive whining, but if there are enough people saying that they are disappointed by new Stormcast then GW should know. Without criticism, we'd never improve.

There was a thread in the Dakka Dakka forum (I believe it was started by @Overread) asking why people hadn't jumped on board with AoS. Within the numerous and varied responses, there did seem to be a few who were put off due to excessive Stormcast. I myself lost interest for the game during 2017 due to the SC release - I was sick of them, and it felt hamfisted. I know it sounds odd, but I was excited to see what was coming up only to be surprised with more Stormcast. It made me wonder what other armies could have benefited from the resources spent on that release. I'm happy that others were happy with that release (and my opinion is no more important than theirs), but it is just as important for GW to know that other people were not elated with the amount of Stormcast.

Even now I find it very difficulty to connect with the lore due to how difficult it is to avoid the SC. I'm not interested in them (and I've tried to be), and when 90% of mainline stories seem to be about them (and the lore moves forward with them) it's difficult to stay invested. I'm not saying that they should stop with SC, but some variety wouldn't hurt anyone (I'm sure it'd help).

Maybe I'm alone in SC releases killing my hype (I don't think this is the case, but there's no data either way), but if it happens to a lot of people then it's something GW should be wary of.

To sum my point up, to change for the better criticism is necessary and it is unhelpful to label constructive criticism (or concerns) as whining.

Well the only thing we can do right now is wait and hope that Gw sees our comments or eventually notice a loss (money wise) in the Stormcast area.

• Like 2

I would like to see something Stormcast each year. So hopefully we will see something in 2019. BUT I want also more Aelves, a more humanesque knightly faction, new Soulblight mini's and etc... .

Althought I really expected with the "free" Warscroll rule system that we would see more random unit releases instead of whole or mini army releases with a battletome.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2