The Rumour Thread

Honestly I feel like all GW has to do is revitalise the AoS Skirmish. Then again they might be waiting to complete more of the main armies before unleashing Skirmish in all its full glory. That would make sense as then they'd have most of the factions clearly displayed for new customers to get excited and get into the various game modes 

• Like 1

The  Sylvaneth and Darkoath artworks look unfinished/unpolished compared to the others. Or were perhaps painted by a different artist.

Anyways! Super exciting warbands. I am really hyped for the moonclan, Troggoth/creatures of destruction and tbh the Darkoath look interesting, especially if that's a javelin/throwing spear.

59 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly I feel like all GW has to do is revitalise the AoS Skirmish. Then again they might be waiting to complete more of the main armies before unleashing Skirmish in all its full glory. That would make sense as then they'd have most of the factions clearly displayed for new customers to get excited and get into the various game modes 

I hope it but I think a medium sigmar/fantasy/gw fan player has at least two army's so it would be a good point to use "that small army" as a warband for a skirmish official game and to customize it for ur playstyle... for me there are enough army's to make a nice competitive AoS skirmish game with good support from GW. It could be as a part of Sigmar campaigns, like Malign Portens did but with something going in the same story lore with small army's fighting for some artefact or control a town.

There are a lot of nice things in kill team as the alternate phases and the wound system that are so much better than the skirmish system, but it's the heroes of AoS skirmish that u can use in ur band what gives a huge impact as they can be casters or give a nice buff with command abilities. And not to mention the freedom of making a band by getting more combat units or more tanky, ranged, ambushing, etc... that fits better a playstyle than a predefined warband...

We will see, maybe they rework mordheim as the new necromunda with his own bands, or maybe they make a new skirmish for AoS 2.0

Edited by Hoseman
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 6:33 AM, Kramer said:

@Skabnoze your losing your touch man! 15 minutes passed and no call of clearly grots?

Guilty.  Been busy with a new job so I have not been on the forums much lately.

But this is obviously one of the few non-grot rumors. Technology this advanced is obviously the domain of the Kharadron Overlords.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Overread said:

if Stormcast are already there then it wouldn't be a shock if other Order factions were well aware of the goings on and are coming to have their own attempt to steal some magical relics - why should Sigmar's forces get them all! 

I donno, that sounds more like a justification for DoK. I can really see Morathi challenging the temples to bring the powerful relics for the glory of Khaine. ...and to sneakily put on over on Sigmar and the other gods. 

I do wish Seraphon had had a warband- they have a huge range but their saurus warriors are so old. A warband of say 4/5 easily convertible new saurus with features more like the oldblood on carnosaur would gave allowed you to build a seraphon army with just new decent miniatures.... Oh well. 

PS although there are no aelf warbands per se, tree revenants at least look pretty damn aelvish to me!

13 minutes ago, Tailessine said:

I do wish Seraphon had had a warband- they have a huge range but their saurus warriors are so old. A warband of say 4/5 easily convertible new saurus with features more like the oldblood on carnosaur would gave allowed you to build a seraphon army with just new decent miniatures.... Oh well. 

PS although there are no aelf warbands per se, tree revenants at least look pretty damn aelvish to me!

Lizardmen won't get anything soon-ish. And that's good. They are in kind of an odd place.

They are the only WHFB faction not broken up, giving them a full blown range, that is hard to improve on. (yes some models are older, but aged relatively well. There are other lines with older and much worse models that need attention first. 

At the same time Lizardmen are from a concept and law perspective in a limbo, where not even the state of existence of everything except the big toads is clear. 

Till GW decides on a clear direction, we won't see a warband, and then, if this ever happens,  prepare for major redesigns. Lizards are not high up on the to-do-list right now. As said, they have a complete and diverse range.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tailessine said:

Could this mean a troggoth army in AOS? Exciting times

10 hours ago, Fisher KIng said:

Fingers crossed for the Troggoth faction lead by troll summoners!

The troll has the same fungus motif as the moonclan stuff and a moon icon on the model; chances are they’ll be part of Moonclan rather than a separate faction. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The troll has the same fungus motif as the moonclan stuff and a moon icon on the model; chances are they’ll be part of Moonclan rather than a separate faction. 

Look at Khorne warbands, one with Reavers one with Blood Warriors, 2 different warbands, one AoS army. Might be similar with gobbos and Troll warbands.

Like the Witch leader of Darkoath, my guess it is a witch. Waiting for this one and for Sorcerer models from Tzeentch Warband.

Wonder if warbands will be released with cards and models only boxes simultaneously or will we have to wait for models only boxes a little while? Guess we will know soon ;)

5 minutes ago, JPjr said:

pretty sure the versions with the Shadespire cards were only a €/£/$ or two more than the ones packaged as AOS ETB sets. I was actually a bit narked that I'd bought the Sepcuchral Guard without the cards when I realised.

The ETB ones are $10 AUD less than the Shadespire version so from the sound of it we actually got a bit of a deal there for once, granted that $10 would only really cover a lunch or a couple coffees but still at least it's something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Icegoat said:

Just realised the troll must be a wizard troll. He has a wizard staff. 

ok, stop!

15 hours ago, Fisher KIng said:

Fingers crossed for the Troggoth faction lead by troll summoners!

stop, i said!!!

15 hours ago, Kronos said:

That would be very cool, kind of reminds of me of the hired charcters in warcraft 3, which I still hold to be one of the best games Ive played. Not saying it reminds me of visuals, just mor ein the summoning of odd beasts and spells. How cool, of ot is the case, would make more sense than a troll, a squig, and a rock walk into shadespire.

God, dammit!!!!

Image result for hype train

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Overread said:

At this stage that sounds like a bit of a pipe dream. There's so many factions in need of a first Battletome that whilst there are several older ones that need an update, it would just make more sense to me for GW to focus on those totally without first. 

I think other factions getting a first tome is more wishfull thinking than exisiting ones getting an update. 

I agree it would be lovely for AoS to be 'complete' before they start refreshing stuff, but thats not the way it will happen. To put it basically, the 'completers' dont spend as much money as the 'new factions chasers' .

Yes and no - don't forget many of the completer factions are basically akin to new faction launchs when you consider that many are not selling well right now (that's stock and investment sitting there gathering dust) and that many people new to AoS are going to treat a "completed" army as a new release.  Heck GW even markets it like that by putting a lot of already on sale models on the "new" page of their website. 

Look at Daughters of Khain - a couple of new kits and a completer faction essentially and its spiked up to being very popular. Three new kits and a Battletome and it was away and the 3 new kits was mostly because they didn't bring in any other models from another subgroup. If they brought together two or three of the high elf or human groups and released perhaps one or two new units (or duel kits) and then a Battletome that would be essentially the same as a brand new army. Only from GW's point of view the investment is far lower than building and releasing a fully new army. 

I do agree early BT armies do need an update, but in a sense I see the Generals Handbook as their update for the now.