The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, LLV said:

Moonclan, New terrain, darkoath/beast-men

sorry slaanesh you’ll have to wait till 2019....

Nah GW doesn't do competing big releases in a month didn't you notice? More like no more big AoS release until late this year. We know GSC and allegedly orks are coming with big releases and probably some sort of chaos marines. That will likely be the very last of the "big" releases this year. Christmas time tends to be deals and other stuff like board games. At least traditionally. 

3 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

So if EVERY rumor we heard is true then this is coming. 

Slaanesh Demons, Moonclan, darkoath, ironjaws, fyreslayers, kharadron overlords, sepharon, and new terrain for AoS stuff. Also possibly board game releases. Even if 40k gets nothing seeing all of this in one year seems very unlikely. They seem to be able to pull of 3-4 major releases for AoS per year. Even if demons terrain comes this year that is a LOT of stuff coming next year. 

That's 7 releases. So I would bet at last 2-3 of those are not happening or being pushed back into 2020. If 40k sees very little support then we might see one more but I doubt that. The 40k fans are beginning to get rowdy at a "slow" year. I can't really blame them. I mean yeah they got tons of codex's, but the model releases have been nearly nonexistent compared to AoS. It would be really unfair for them if they got two years of little support. 

Meanwhile I’m just sitting here picking my butt and scratching my nose wondering when new World Eaters models are coming and if there will ever be plastic Havocs... Obliterators... mutilators.... khorne berzerkers... etc. 

2 hours ago, LLV said:

Damn, both awesome and sad news. Poor slaanesh ^^ - but hey, another chance for a big narrative for him to make her entrance.
Nevertheless, if all this is still coming in 2018 as well as the SG stuff and 40k ... thats sounds like an even busier year than it already was

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Nah GW doesn't do competing big releases in a month didn't you notice? More like no more big AoS release until late this year. We know GSC and allegedly orks are coming with big releases and probably some sort of chaos marines. That will likely be the very last of the "big" releases this year. Christmas time tends to be deals and other stuff like board games. At least traditionally. 

You don't "nah" LLV rumours. We will have Moonclan, new terrain and Darkoath/beastmen in 2018. You thinking it's unlikely is nothing but irrelevant. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, LLV said:

Now you got me :)

2 important things:

- do not listen to naysayers, we adore/love/wait/worship/read1000times each and every snippet you drop, as they result in 2+ pages of discussion in this thread, keep it coming, only time will tell that you were right again,

- Darkoath/beast-men - Barbarians are not my kind of thing, Warqueen was disappointing model for me and still don't consider it as a must have model. But, but there are always some buts. Beast-men, my first true love for Chaos, true children of Chaos, now you have my attention, curiosity and wallet waiting for "click to order" state

- Slaanesh - this was to be expected, that Jan 2019 is the earliest possible release looking at previous years. I am almost ready for this one too :)

So 3 things in total, please spill some beastmen beans :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

"Darkoath/beastmen" implies they are a single faction. 

I would love to see new beastmen models that are as good as and fit with the two darkoath models! 

^This! But I might add, keep the new beastmen in the style of the old ones but more dynamic, they aged well, but are left far behind due to the development during the last couple of years. Oh, and when wir at it - call back all Minotaures, destroy thier moulds and redesigne them - thos abominations are a horrid example of early CAD-fails by GW. The Taumaturge is painfully shaming those beasts and demonstrate thier weaknesses.  And maybe we could get Pesti-, Slaan- and Khornegors (maybe not for generic Bestmen but for the godspecific factions)!

Wowowowow, someone said Beastmen ? This is definitely something I didn't remotely see coming !
I quite don't see how it would fit the Darkoath banner, especially since thus far Darkoath fits under Slaves to Darkness .... Now you really got my curiosity !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LLV said:

Thanks for the info :)

Do you know if Slaanesh is getting a release in 2019, or is it more that it's not getting a release this year so we should wait for 2019 in case we hear anything? 

7 hours ago, LLV said:

WOW!!! That sounds awesome!!!! I love beastmen!!!

I must stay focused on grotbag skuttlers but a new chaos army with beastmen in it...that's hard to pass.

If Slaanesh is going to be the next big event and tied to Sigmar then a January release or into 2019 makes some sense. It gives a decent amount of time from the 2.0 release and the Necroquake events. Enough time to have a few months build up to Slaanesh escaping or otherwise reaching out from his prison to influence his followers (still not sure if he will escape or if he'll remain trapped but able to reach out since at present the Aelf factions rely heavily on harvesting from his belly for new peoples)

28 minutes ago, Overread said:

If Slaanesh is going to be the next big event and tied to Sigmar then a January release or into 2019 makes some sense. It gives a decent amount of time from the 2.0 release and the Necroquake events. Enough time to have a few months build up to Slaanesh escaping or otherwise reaching out from his prison to influence his followers (still not sure if he will escape or if he'll remain trapped but able to reach out since at present the Aelf factions rely heavily on harvesting from his belly for new peoples)

You can well imagine then that if we start the year with Slaanesh, that the story progresses and we'll see the final two aelven factions by end of 2019. Maybe they'll be on a 'hunt Slaanesh' mission, or they'll be on a defensive footing with an unleashed Slaanesh attacking Hysh and Ulgu. It'll be really interesting if perhaps, because they talk of Ulgu and Hysh being so intertwined in the Core Book, that maybe it'll be one huge Ulg-Hysh faction with dual leaders in Malerion and Tyrion/Teclis. Don't see that myself however, but I'm really intrigued to see how it all pans out. It's another excellent aspect to the Soul Wars. 

(Selfishly, I'm happy that the Malerion aelves seem to be a mile off so I can finish what I've already got!)

Edited by syph0n

wow wow wow, give my wallet some time!!!!!

My main are SCE and death.  (well, I have also elves, gobs, orcs and empire that were V2...20y ago). I wanted to concentrate my efforts on having enough stuff I love for my main armies to be able:

- have the full range (except FEC)

- beeing able to play several builds PER army (even -almost- competitive)

- beeing able to make some interesting battle "in-home" which means with one build of my armies VS another build of my armies (endless possibilities)

- beeing fine for the next 20 years in this range (SCE/Death) (well, with possibly some pick ups from time to time)

Once that's ok (soon) I'll then think about the next army (and it certainly will NOT be Death :P )

But, any new DECOR/SCENNERY is day one purchase! You never have enough of them. I did the mistake of not pick up the warscrier citadel and now it is a GW only sale which means FULL price :/

4 hours ago, Carnelian said:

"Darkoath/beastmen" implies they are a single faction. 

I would love to see new beastmen models that are as good as and fit with the two darkoath models! 

Darkoath and Beastmen as a duel faction would be neat. Big opportunity for some really dynamic action poses as well as a good opportunity to explore the mutants and turn-skins that blue the lines between each.

I really hope the Darkoath/beastmen can be marked. The best thing about Slaves to Darkness was how you could use them in so many different ways depending on their mark (as well as theme them around a god), and I think it would be a massive shame to lose this. 

It was one of the big disappointments about varanguard for me - they were champions of the Chaos Gods that forget their past allegiance unless Archaon reminds them. It would have also been nice to include a unit or two of them properly in a god-aligned army just for their cool aesthetics. 

What do you guys think about the leaked pricing of the Black Coach and Aventis Firestrike? (115$ each) I hope it's a mistake and they meant AUD... otherwise I'll give those two a hard pass since I cannot afford them at all.

I'd love to see Darkoath and Beastmen mixed!

Edited by JackStreicher
spelling