The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Nice to get a placable clear rumor engine.

Why not both? Could be on a deamon unit, (like the KoS) after all. Even if it is 40k, that is a great bit for AoS Slaanesh conversions ^^.

What I really like about this rumor engine is that it tells us what the entire design direction of Slaanesh weapons will look like, which is something I have been wondering. It is a nice one, to boot, a bit of Aelf/Aeldari/Drukari, but more Chaos.

I am afraid you are a bit late for the party.

sorry - just realised.

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

image.png.7c86008d8027a11890c3aac24fd14741.png

And for something probably not linked to the releases announced today. Looks like it could be Slanneshi.

It was just pointed out on war-of-sigmar that it is actually incredible similar to a gene stealer cult weapon. It looks a lot like a weapon one of the current models is carrying and a new gene stealer cult model was teased this weak.

too bad, because I would really love for it to be slaaneshi...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, elfhead said:

It was just pointed out on war-of-sigmar that it is actually incredible similar to a gene stealer cult weapon. It looks a lot like a weapon one of the current models is carrying and a new gene stealer cult model was teased this weak.

too bad, because I would really love for it to be slaaneshi...

I was thinking it was also Tyranid looking, but dismissed that as I didn't think they had a release lined up, but I totally forgot about Genestealer cults being imminent.

18 minutes ago, shinros said:

So on the possible identity of the mortarch of grief? Some are saying it might be Khalida. Image from facebook, what do you guys think? 

34532876_10214848266313034_6914471964409

Hoping Isabella.

Save Khalida for the triumphant return of the TK further down the road.

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Unfortunately I don't think it's Slaanesh :( I'll still have hope though

FB_IMG_1528211834847.jpg

Dang, that looks spot on. GSC did not even come to my mind.

Well, maybe that means GSC get a decent sized release, which could very well use (besides, so far all their miniatures are very nice and great conversion fodder).

That being the case would bode well for those new for AoS factions that are still a bit basic in range (Sylvaneth, Ironjaw, Fyreslayer and Kharadron).

25 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Hoping Isabella.

Save Khalida for the triumphant return of the TK further down the road.

The silhouette looks nothing like Isabella and a lot like Khalida.  Isabella has always been transylvanian vampire themed and not egyptian in any way.  I would love for Isabella to come back into the story in some way, but it does not really seem to fit with that picture.

If not a completely new character, I still think it is Isabella. The closeup during the video shows the decoration behind the head are roses and thorns. Which seems to point in the direction of Isabella, or at least a vampire. The veil, the weddingdress (or is mourn) the titel mortarch of grief all seems to fit Isabella. In fact i feel the whole night haunt theme, including the coach feels more like von Carstein than TK.  Also tthe shape of the decoration behind the head ( what is the english word for that?) may look like the shape on the head of khalida a lot (as shown in the posted pictures) but actually the mortarch of grief has this behind the head, While Khalida wears this on the head. Not sure about the staff though, is it indeed a snake, or also decorated with roses and thorns?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

The silhouette looks nothing like Isabella and a lot like Khalida.  Isabella has always been transylvanian vampire themed and not egyptian in any way.  I would love for Isabella to come back into the story in some way, but it does not really seem to fit with that picture.

13 hours ago, FractalRain said:

And a snake relates to the goddess Asp - which ties in with Khalida.

In the image above there is neither a snake or snake symbol visible nor does anything hint at an Egyptian/Khemrian imagery. The headpiece you might referring to as resembling Khemrian ones is not a solid plate as typical for those, but an open-worked one as seen in the teaser videos. 

Furthermore Wer know that the Mortarch has roses as part of her attire which is a repeated element of the female vampire models of the von Carstein bloodline/the model formally know as Prince Isabella. 

99800207008_IsabellavonCarsteinNEW02.jpg

So my money is on this Mortarch either being Isabella or a new character. 

Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm not even convinced the Mortarch of Grief will have a name - just lots of hints of who it could be.  Could be wrong as it would hamper the back story writing a bit though :D 

I think I would prefer this. Makes it bit more interesting than just a reincarnation of X, especially if they are bound to serve Nagash.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm not even convinced the Mortarch of Grief will have a name - just lots of hints of who it could be.  Could be wrong as it would hamper the back story writing a bit though

I hope that too. They don't need to explain everything (Celestan Primer...coff..coff...). Let the readers and fans be the ones to discover the lore.

P.D: With Morathi, they could do something too: just say that"Khaine is still alive" an put some hints here and there that maybe Morathi someone is lying.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

But didn't I read somewhere that Isabella got her late husband immortal ring ?

I think there was a rumour of that.  I'm sure it was written somewhere too that Nagash brought his Mortarchs back into being (which made his hold over them absolute).  However you can't trust everything you read!

2 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

But didn't I read somewhere that Isabella got her late husband immortal ring ?

Yeah, it happened during the end times. Isabella was corrupted by Nurgle, so Vlad slipped his ring on her finger and threw himself and her off a roof/wall, impaling the both of them on a massive spike/stake. Presumably he did this to rid her of the corruption, since the ring did save him from nurgle corruption in 'fall of altdorf' where he (stupidly) tried to drink the blood of one of the Glottkin brothers. 

Anyway, Vlad died from the impaling, Isabella's fate was not expanded upon, but she was wearing the ring at the time, so she was likely still alive when the world was torn asunder ;)

5 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm not even convinced the Mortarch of Grief will have a name - just lots of hints of who it could be.  Could be wrong as it would hamper the back story writing a bit though :D 

Well, here's the thing - the reason we think the Mortarch will have a name is because it was announced that it would, but that's working on the assumption that either of the silhouettes shown alongside Kurdoss Valentian, the Craven King, are the Mortarch. 

Noone talks that much about the NightHaunt mounted on dread-ram-pegasus because we all did when his shadow was previewed last week.

Concerning the stormcast mounted on shining-ram-pegasus, beside @LLV

rumoured best flying Stormcast ever , we never heard about him.

Edited by pseudonyme