The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

New Gotrek/Realmslayer art. I do not know from where. Here's hoping he gets a miniature and some truly broken rules.

JTxjONf.jpg

Only one word: Badass. Hope to see him again (demi-god or a doomseeker/slayer, don't care if he still is himself).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BrownDog said:

From AgeofSigmar.com, courtesy of Still-young

I'm fairly certain that those are some new Free Guild soldier designs below the Chaos Knights to the Left.

Good gods.  

Remake standard Chaos Knights (not that they need to, but shiny!) and bring back the Hellcannon properly and I'll die.  

• Like 4

Damn that article was good. 

- So existing Nighthaunt stuff is still supported (Hosts, Hexwraiths etc). I recall some people being concerned so that puts that to rest. 

- This faction will now be HUGE! 

7 Known 

- Cairn Wraith, Banshee, KoS, Mounted KoS,  Spirit Torment, Guardian Of Souls, Lord Executioner

4 Unknown 

- Mortarch Of Grief, Lantern Bearer (@32 seconds of the announcement video), ghost with one handed axe, ghost with two flails  (@50 seconds of the vid)

5 Known

- Hexwraiths, Spirit Hosts, Grimghast Reapers, Gravewraith Stalkers, Chainrasp Hordes

4 Unkown

- New cavalry, alt build with swords for the Reapers, praying mantis armed ladies (@20seconds Of video), Cowled Banshees

2 Behemoths 

- Mournghul and Black Coach 

Absolutely LOVE the Oldschool LOTR Nazgul vibe they have with their helmets.

Edited by AthlorianStoners
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AngiesArmies said:

One of the reasons I'm pretty stoked about that Bolt Thrower is that it gives me a way to ally my old Dark Elf Bolt Throwers back in with Darkling Covens or Scourge Privateers! I'll have to figure out a way to make the crew both aelven but still clearly enough counts-as stormcast allies which sounds like a neat little side project. I might even get the Naggaroth bloodbowl team and convert those corsair inspired players into warmachine crew.

Why not just use the High Elf rules? I'm guessing you're not running a mixed order list? I purposely built a list around just the minimal battleline Darkshards/Spears, bubble wrap for Hydra or whatever for what essentially is a Order Serpentis list. 

I wonder if the Stormcast one is as cheap however! 

• Like 1

So Nighthaunts have a wizard now, I guess my allied vampire lord won't be needed. Wonder if we'll still have the artifact for cheap cairnwraith wizards(admittedly their value went down with the new ethereal rule removing mystic shield) . Looks like we'll be getting so much new stuff my vampire allies will be relegated to the shelf(being too small a force for a standalone army). I really only ran the vampire stuff because of the limit amounts of models and I only want to see so many spirit hosts and hexwraiths on the table before it gets boring. Really looking forward to having a varied pure Nighthaunt army.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jaepic said:

Updated version, thanks everyone for solving the rumours in the previous posts. Not sure about the rose (there are some on the banshee and cavalry bases) and the orruk spell, thats why I put the images below.

1989292391_Rumourengine14may.jpg.784cce40f7ee549765f315749080880f.jpg

Isn't number 3 the same type of candle you see on the 3D render of the new sisters of battle plastic model ?

29 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Damn that article was good. 

- So existing Nighthaunt stuff is still supported (Hosts, Hexwraiths etc). I recall some people being concerned so that puts that to rest. 

- This faction will now be HUGE! 

7 Known 

- Cairn Wraith, Banshee, KoS, Mounted KoS,  Spirit Torment, Guardian Of Souls, Lord Executioner

4 Unknown 

- Mortarch Of Grief, Lantern Bearer (@32 seconds of the announcement video), ghost with one handed axe, ghost with two flails  (@50 seconds of the vid)

5 Known

- Hexwraiths, Spirit Hosts, Grimghast Reapers, Gravewraith Stalkers, Chainrasp Hordes

4 Unkown

- New cavalry, alt build with swords for the Reapers, praying mantis armed ladies (@20seconds Of video), Cowled Banshees

2 Behemoths 

- Mournghul and Black Coach 

Absolutely LOVE the Oldschool LOTR Nazgul vibe they have with their helmets.

I'm wondering if some if these aren't starter set versions of Nighthaunt heroes. So the ghost with two flails from the video could be the same as the Spirit Torment but in a different pose and with a different head.  We appear to have two different versions of the Lord Executioner, one with the gibbet on their back and one without. It's still not entirely clear if any of these are shadespire models hiding in plain sight, as the bases are more ambiguous than they seem.

There also appears to be two variants on the lantern bearer that look like alternate builds/loadouts, one with a lantern and a mace and one with a big vase and a one-handed axe.

6 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I'm wondering if some if these aren't starter set versions of Nighthaunt heroes. So the ghost with two flails from the video could be the same as the Spirit Torment but in a different pose and with a different head.  We appear to have two different versions of the Lord Executioner, one with the gibbet on their back and one without. It's still not entirely clear if any of these are shadespire models hiding in plain sight, as the bases are more ambiguous than they seem.

There also appears to be two variants on the lantern bearer that look like alternate builds/loadouts, one with a lantern and a mace and one with a big vase and a one-handed axe.

That could be possible. Is there a precedent for this kind of thing? 

Yeah the lantern bearer model intrigued me as well, potentially different load outs.

there could also be different troops that haven’t been singled out yet.

20 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

That could be possible. Is there a precedent for this kind of thing?

Sort of. It's common enough for units (Liberators, prosecutors, bloodreavers, blood warriors) but less so for heroes. The Lord-Celestant on Dracoth has both a starter set 'Vandus Hammerhand' version and a later multipart version but you see it in 40k as well. The SM lieutenants and the Lord of Plagues have semi-variant versions for other chapters and as part of an expanded easy-to-build kit.

• Like 1

So, I saw this today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiucCunHu7Y/?taken-by=savage_ork_guy

She says it's age of sigmar and implies that she painted it months ago under NDA or something but was on display at Warhammer Fest.   

New moonclan model, right?

Capture.PNG