The Rumour Thread

This new book is great - get something at least for Death. To have a year long campaign without death getting SOMETHING would be lunacy. However I also think that leaving LON as a "Thats It" for death allegiances is also lunacy. The middle section of the campaign is going to be interactive... if theres no death players then GW will shoot themselves in the foot.

My thoughts are that this book is to give us the equivalent of a "Death Lords" Faction, and "replace" the grand alliance rules... more supplement them, I think, than replace them. I honestly think that the legions are essentially going to function as a "Cheat" around the allies rules. as in... "take 0-1 Nagash, plus any death model and maintain this allegiance and gain these death lores" or "take Arkan, and any deathrattle and gain these additional Osteomancy abilities"... etc. Then a soulblight allegiance as well..

This allows future expansion into the Night Haunt, Death Rattle, more FEC if they wanted, some mortals Faction, and some other new ones without making this book redundant or backing themselves strategically into a corner.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

M

24 minutes ago, Mortarch said:

This new book is great - get something at least for Death. To have a year long campaign without death getting SOMETHING would be lunacy. However I also think that leaving LON as a "Thats It" for death allegiances is also lunacy. The middle section of the campaign is going to be interactive... if theres no death players then GW will shoot themselves in the foot.

GW haven't said that's the only death release - quite the contrary.  What this battletome does is to allow anybody with a Death army the ability to jump into the campaign with a full range of abilities and options.  Nothing stopping people playing a GHb2017 Death army either

This is definitely an article that will appeal to many. 
On November 27, 2017, on the Advanced Tau Tactica forum, user Haechi posted the information he had about the releases in early 2018, but for a while it was not possible to verify if it was a reliable source.

rumors.PNG

According to Haechi's information, at the beginning of January we would have seen the Chaos Demons for Warhammer 40,000 and Age of Sigmar, while at the end of the same month we would have seen the Custodes. This is exactly what we have seen and we will see during this month. This information arrived well in advance and was even accurate in placing Demons and Custodes in both parts of January. 

It therefore makes sense to illustrate what other outputs are planned by Haechi, along with some new information posted after receiving confirmation on Demons and Custodes.

rumors%2B1.PNG

First half of February : Adeptus Custodes. 

Second half of February : Thousand Sons. 

First half of March : T'au Empire. 

Second half of March : Necron. 

Between April and May : Drukhari, Arlecchini and two new elven armies for Age of Sigmar. 

This could also confirm what I theorized in the recent vocal message on the Astropath Telegram Channel , namely that the Battletome: Legions of Nagash will not be accompanied by new models, but will serve to put Death in step with the rules of the other Great Covenants while the new models will come later. Presumably end of May or June.

All of this still falls into the rumors, but the source proved to be extremely accurate with regards to January's releases, so we could trust it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Sete said:

Between April and May : Drukhari, Arlecchini and two new elven armies for Age of Sigmar. 

Guess, if true, it's interesting (maybe odd) to see 4 elfesque releases in 2 months.

Like that makes sense when it's daemons and mortal companions (AoS) and daemons and chaos space marines (40k) as they share the daemon models.

It almost makes you want to think both are coming with some shared 'allied' gribblies that aelves and their 40k equivalent might share... but - and I am very shaky with 40k knowledge at the moment - the models for Drukhari and harlequins are pretty much complete (so it's rules) right?

• Like 1

Durkhari und Harlequin probably will just be codices. With the AoS-Elves it might be possible, that they share models and units, at least as duel-build boxes, allowing to either build a light or a dark version, thus making it more one released army with two accompanying books rather than the usual one, but counting as one army release wise. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think everything listed is "codex only" (no new miniatures). 

We'll see soon, if T'au and Necron are right. 

This poster didn't talk about LoN and TS, but then said he didn't know much about February, so it may fit. 

He doesn't speak of the Malign portents book and Harbingers, but I see this rumor as 40k oriented so that's probably why.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Aelfs in April-May, if it's true.

Edited by HorticulusTGA

55 minutes ago, Sete said:

I don't want to jump on the dual options thing but, in the new 40k lore, Dark Eldar have a part of Commoragh tied to the realm of Mandrake (some sort of Shadow realm) and in the same time Malerion and his mum got the same thing with shadowy "demons"/"spirit"/whatever so it could be it...why not.

Anyway if the Aelves are coming  in April/May I will be sooooo happy.

Edited by Harioch

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

It may be a coincidence but there seems to be alot of witch elves being painted and used lately.. 

#justsaying ;)

Which is a crying shame considering that kit is every single thing thing that was wrong with Kirby GW .

60$ for 10 25mm models you need at least 60 of to be useful? Check.

Dual kit to both trick people into thinking the price is more reasonable than it is while also forcing you to buy even MORE? Check.

No options outside of musician/banner/Champion? Check.

ONLY 5 DIFFERENT SCULPTS IN A 60 BOX OF 25 MM INFANTRY? Check.

The only way it could be more Kirby is if it claimed it was a model model and not rules model and bragged about never doing any market research.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I do not really see it. Make a big deal of a long running Campaign about Death and Shysh, then at what is likely to be the height of that Campaign release the Aelves of Hysh and Uglu? That would be so jarring, I can almost see GW do it.

I think it is good to keep in mind that none of the correct predictions where awefully hard to guess. We had plenty of hints for all three by early November. Guess the most likely stuff for the next months, then predict something entirely out of the left field for the longer term is an established pattern of false rumors.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I do not really see it. Make a big deal of a long running Campaign about Death and Shysh, then at what is likely to be the height of that Campaign release the Aelves of Hysh and Uglu? That would be so jarring, I can almost see GW do it.

I think it is good to keep in mind that none of the correct predictions where awefully hard to guess. We had plenty of hints for all three by early November. Guess the most likely stuff for the next months, then predict something entirely out of the left field for the longer term is an established pattern of false rumors.

What if the return of Nagash and the rise of Death spur all the Aelves(and their gods) to action?

• Thanks 1

Having been overtly trolled by the rumour engine all the way through last year, I dont want too say it but... Cthulu Elves?

(The Necromunda tentacle, the pet dragon and the snail shell from Slimux etc;)

Edit: On the other hand, a poster of another forum pointed out that looks akin the head of a baby "Chaos Spined Beast" (Forgeworld) With the new precedent of having "familiars" for every character/model might we be actually be seeing some more Darkoath stuff?

Edited by Praetor of Calth
  • Like 1

I am trying hard but I can't see anything over than an octopus head.

BUT,  the "skin folds" at the base of this potential octopus head are bugging me. With some imagination I can see an evolved Genestealer head or, to have some fun with fluff hardcore lovers, a Cthulhu Slanesh demon :)