The Rumour Thread

Isn't sin/bin just a fun community meme? I've never taken the sin and bin thing as there literally being two guys who write things. I don't know anything about GW's internal process but that seems pretty crazy to me. I'd imagine there's a rules team that collaborates and what comes out is a group effort. The sin and bin thing is amusing because reading the various warscrolls/allegiance abilities it really seems as though they're written by two people on completely different wavelengths and it's amazing that they make it past the same quality control. So we just blame bad rules on the imaginary bin guy as a coping mechanism and joke. 

But... If there really is some guy who writes half of the rules, and keeps seeing people refer to the rules he specifically writes as coming from the bin guy? Wow! That guy should feel bad because he is bad at his job and makes the hobby worse for everyone. Do better please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shinros said:

Don't care about the reality of game development. It's not my problem as a consumer. Release a bad product and I will criticise it. They've released good products so I know they can do it.

Now if being called sin guy or bin guy wounds their creative spirit to the point they can't work properly. All the belly aching in the world won't  make it go away. It's the Internet. But do you know what would help deal with that? Releasing consistent books.

"It's the internet," is the excuse of arseholes and jerks everywhere, and anyone who finds themselves using it unironically to justify their treatment of other people needs to do some serious self-reflection.

• Like 11

Yeah complain about the product, not the team of a dozen or so people who typically do work on every book afaik, who do the best work they can under some sometimes weird and arbitrary outside forces.

That and they have an odd bubble at HQ where they are suuuper rarely playing the same game as the rest of us.

• Like 3

Something that could help about that is a good communication within writers and customers, like making an interview, some videos talking about his work, some AMAs, commentaries in faqs and such to help players to see that behind books are persons.

Well, tbh 90% problems with workshop are related to communication anyway.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

people

What people? GW is a company and as the above person questioned; does anyone actually think "bin guy" is a single dude at GW wearing a dunce cap and writing rulebooks in crayon?

"Sin and bin guy" aren't people, they are a term to personify and categorize the quality of the work done by the rules writing team. If the rules writing team feels personally attacked by their work being fairly universally panned (or at least regularly panned) then as the other guy said "do better" is a fair request from a consumer.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

"It's the internet," is the excuse of arseholes and jerks everywhere, and anyone who finds themselves using it unironically to justify their treatment of other people needs to do some serious self-reflection.

I do enough reflection to the issues in my daily life than think about what happens on the Internet. That's just me. 

Edited by shinros

1 hour ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

Sure. GW is a corporation, and corporations are not your friend. You should not feel the need to go to bat and defend poor products over brand loyalty, or because you wish desperately that they were good. But you should care about the feelings of the developers actually making these things, because they're actual people. Chances are that they aren't 100% satisfied with the finished product, either, but that's what they were able to produce under the company's structure, release model, and budget.

I work in game dev. I have been very vocal about my frustrations with Halo Infinite's transaction model. I have been vocal about my frustrations with the Sylvaneth and their Wyldwoods. I have torn the crud out of the current state of the Necrons book. The D&D 5e Ranger is straight-up the reason I no longer play D&D. I have said all of this because I genuinely believe that these flaws are flaws that reduce the quality of the things I love, and should be addressed. I have also felt like my frustrations were not being addressed by the company that makes those things, which absolutely exacerbated my frustrations.

But every time I have talked about these things, and made my criticisms, I have tried very hard to not reference the people behind those choices in my criticisms, because that's beside the point and adds nothing to my points. I know from personal experience not to assume why things aren't getting addressed.

And when I felt consistently like my frustrations weren't being addressed, like with the mess with the D&D 5e ranger? Well, first I got angry, unhealthily angry. But then, I realised that the anger wasn't worth it over a game, a hobby I do to enjoy myself. The D&D team, for whatever reason, wasn't going to adequately address my concerns with the Ranger, and if that meant I wasn't going to enjoy D&D, it wasn't worth me continuing to play D&D. I walked away from D&D and found new games. I took my frustrations and channeled them into making my own Rangers TTRPG. And I'm currently doing the same with AoS and 40K - moving away from these games that I'm finding more and more frustrating to read about and engage with. I love the hobby and the universes, but the games are making me frustrated enough that I find myself getting more anger out of them than joy.

My point is, if you are that frustrated about the state of AoS that you are going to insult the people behind the mechanics and state that you don't care about their feelings, that's a you problem. This is a game, a hobby. There are areas in life where it is worth disregarding the feelings of human beings when addressing those human beings' actions. Games and the Warhammer hobby are not that area.

Yes, it's frustrating when a hobby you love feels subpar and there are clear fixes. Yes, it can feel like bashing your head against a problem that feels like it should have been caught before release. Your frustration there is valid! Your criticisms of the material can be valid! But the response of going after the people creating that material is not. If you have begun to reach that point, I suggest you take a serious look at the place that AoS and GW has in your life, the aspects of the hobby you actually enjoy, and whether or not those aspects can be kept while removing yourself from the aspects that cause you frustration and anger.

I gonna answer because all this debate start with my first post that was modded.

First i dont see reason to discuss it because this is a forum with rules that all us agreed,i broke one of these rules and mod told me that.

Now i think that call ............ To someone that is paid for do a job and gave us a failled product is ok? Yes i think that and for sure if all us get yelled by a client due to do a bad job done by us nobody gonna argue to the client that cant tell us that or our felling gonna be hurted.

If someone is paid for a job and faill then deserve be fired or called ........ And i dont care his fellings.

But this is a forum with rules that we have agreed upon,so end of that topic for my

MOD REMINDER

Please remember this is the rumours thread. If you want to debate and discuss matters outside of rumours in greater depth please do create your own thread on the topic. There's no problem with posting a link to your thread inside the rumours thread if you want to direct people away to a more in-depth discussion on what is essentially an off-topic line of content for this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orbei said:

Isn't sin/bin just a fun community meme? I've never taken the sin and bin thing as there literally being two guys who write things. I don't know anything about GW's internal process but that seems pretty crazy to me. I'd imagine there's a rules team that collaborates and what comes out is a group effort. The sin and bin thing is amusing because reading the various warscrolls/allegiance abilities it really seems as though they're written by two people on completely different wavelengths and it's amazing that they make it past the same quality control. So we just blame bad rules on the imaginary bin guy as a coping mechanism and joke. 

But... If there really is some guy who writes half of the rules, and keeps seeing people refer to the rules he specifically writes as coming from the bin guy? Wow! That guy should feel bad because he is bad at his job and makes the hobby worse for everyone. Do better please.

Rumour/Theory is that Sin guys was suppose to be Jervis Johnson, Fun guy was Sam Pearson.

theory is that Sin guy (Jervis) is gone and all it left is Bin Guy and Books done by Sam.

Edited by novakai

32 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So what's the expectation of Battletome reveals? Shown off during the week or at the LVO on the 28th?

Preorder and launch on Feb, then nh in March. I'm not sure if both at the same time as Custodes/GSC or different dates.

4 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Yikes, the rumour thread is a really uncomfortable place to be aroud this evening. I wouldn't have predicted that nerfs to Fyreslayers would evoke such strong feelings.

It isnt nerfs of 10 points to broken units as sentinels or salamanders,these strong feeling are because a middle\botton army as fyreslayers got the biggest nerfs in all age of sigmar history and worst of all got nerfed EVERY non hero unit of the tome so it isnt so easy as just use the competitive unit and ignore the bad unit,because now every unit in the book is bad

Edited by Doko
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Yikes, the rumour thread is a really uncomfortable place to be aroud this evening. I wouldn't have predicted that nerfs to Fyreslayers would evoke such strong feelings.

You have to keep in mind, there's almost never any good news for Fyreslayer fans. Six years of disappointment is not to be underestimated.

• Like 2

I had a nice Saturday evening of tabletop gaming where my Ironweld Arsenal-themed CoS list faced Astral Templars. I lost, but that's beside the point, as I now dream to one day get all the zany technologies from lore,  I want to see a cog fort headbutt a mega-gargant.

...not a rumour, but figured this thread needed to return to its innocent wishlisting ways.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ratboy genius said:

so how about them underworlds rumors
we gonna hear about more of that soon tee em ?

I'm hoping at LVO we see the next Warband fully Previewed!! So in the coming weeks maybe a New Model Monday will be a single mini from the Warband with the full reveal at LVO.

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So what's the expectation of Battletome reveals? Shown off during the week or at the LVO on the 28th?

I really hope we get some sort of Preview show at LVO.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Not sure if there is one for LVO, they only confirm they going to be in Adepticon and that about it

21 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I had a nice Saturday evening of tabletop gaming where my Ironweld Arsenal-themed CoS list faced Astral Templars. I lost, but that's beside the point, as I now dream to one day get all the zany technologies from lore,  I want to see a cog fort headbutt a mega-gargant.

...not a rumour, but figured this thread needed to return to its innocent wishlisting ways.

Ahem, that's Sir Mega Gargant!! Haha but seriously I want to see a Cog Fort mini so bad!!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll probably see Tau reveals at LVO more than anything AoS. I'd love to be surprised with a BoC announcement, though. Since they haven't had a WD rules update yet it's not unlikely that there could be something in the works.

The 'dex has pretty much been entirely leaked as here's already physical copies out in the wild, presumably for influencers to go through so I'd be shocked if the Tau 'dex isn't going up to pre-order next Saturday.

Edited by Clan's Cynic