The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Is he really called Uther? Because hectares looks like Uther of Warcraft

I think Uther is just a gw IP for the word other or either, you know like aelves instead of elves.

They're working their way through the english dictionary at the moment, and then it'll come out as a masterworks warhammer lexicon edition with limited model.  150 bones obvs.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I think Uther is just a gw IP for the word other or either, you know like aelves instead of elves.

They're working their way through the english dictionary at the moment, and then it'll come out as a masterworks warhammer lexicon edition with limited model.  150 bones obvs.

Uther is quite an old name (Uther Pendragon has some renown from the 12th century onward, though his son Arthur is a bit better known). GW can't trademark that.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

There's also Uther Lightbringer from Blizzard's Warcraft franchise. Though he was killed off in Warcraft 3.

Uther.jpg.0ce312445043c06b829f43cfe1a504ac.jpg

And he even looked like a Stormcast Eternal, Hammers of Sigmar color scheme included.

Love it or hate it, but Stormcast definitely have that Warcraft inspired look. It's not surprising, World of Warcraft was hugely influential on the aesthetics of popular fantasy post 2005 or so after all. But it is a fun example of things coming full circle:

"[Blizzard co-founder] Allen Adham hoped to obtain a license to the Warhammer universe to try to increase sales by brand recognition", Wyatt says. "Warhammer was a huge inspiration for the art-style of Warcraft, but a combination of factors, including a lack of traction on business terms and a fervent desire on the part of virtually everyone else on the development team (myself included) to control our own universe nixed any potential for a deal. We had already had terrible experiences working with DC Comics on "Death and Return of Superman" and "Justice League Task Force", and wanted no similar issues for our new game."

https://kotaku.com/how-warcraft-was-almost-a-warhammer-game-and-how-that-5929161

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Love it or hate it, but Stormcast definitely have that Warcraft inspired look. It's not surprising, World of Warcraft was hugely influential on the aesthetics of popular fantasy post 2005 or so after all. But it is a fun example of things coming full circle:

"[Blizzard co-founder] Allen Adham hoped to obtain a license to the Warhammer universe to try to increase sales by brand recognition", Wyatt says. "Warhammer was a huge inspiration for the art-style of Warcraft, but a combination of factors, including a lack of traction on business terms and a fervent desire on the part of virtually everyone else on the development team (myself included) to control our own universe nixed any potential for a deal. We had already had terrible experiences working with DC Comics on "Death and Return of Superman" and "Justice League Task Force", and wanted no similar issues for our new game."

https://kotaku.com/how-warcraft-was-almost-a-warhammer-game-and-how-that-5929161

To be fair, Uther is just a Paladin (knight infused with "light powers" or whatever you wanna call it) with a Euro-american cartoon style.

Btw, I love Samwise art (even Chris Metzen has some style in early concepts), but that's not something that Warcraft or Warhammer invented.

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

There's also Uther Lightbringer from Blizzard's Warcraft franchise. Though he was killed off in Warcraft 3.

Uther.jpg.0ce312445043c06b829f43cfe1a504ac.jpg

And he even looked like a Stormcast Eternal, Hammers of Sigmar color scheme included.

Yeah, but Paladin is such a horrible Hearthstone class, nobody will care if he gets stolen.

5 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

I wonder if they will spill the beans on what start collecting boxes are coming for the holidays on the 30th. Fingers crossed for mortal slaanesh start collecting.

Slaanesh mortals would be nice, but only if they use the new models. No hellstriders please. 

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/14/harrowdeep-might-be-dark-but-the-warhammer-underworlds-road-map-reveals-a-bright-future/

A very new direction for Underworlds. 

A new roadmap with a mid year starter set. lLmiQaO0AIGdmjsl-1060x1060.jpg.a4dd2ed3adb505cff00ffe67b2459a9a.jpg

A model from the next warband. G5Y2TsbMkfE1ZUX7.jpg.fce4ad93b969cc4f7d7ff0ec88e75743.jpg

Didn't that new user say we were getting pirates this year?

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/14/harrowdeep-might-be-dark-but-the-warhammer-underworlds-road-map-reveals-a-bright-future/

A very new direction for Underworlds. 

A new roadmap with a mid year starter set. lLmiQaO0AIGdmjsl-1060x1060.jpg.a4dd2ed3adb505cff00ffe67b2459a9a.jpg

A model from the next warband. G5Y2TsbMkfE1ZUX7.jpg.fce4ad93b969cc4f7d7ff0ec88e75743.jpg

Didn't that new user say we were getting pirates this year?

3 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

PIRATES AHOY LADS!!!! WE HAVE A PARROT!!!!!G5Y2TsbMkfE1ZUX7.jpg.73cf10fdf3de04aefabc230992c9a47d.jpg

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

WHURoadmap Oct14 Roadmap

WHURoadmap Oct14 Parrot

A pirate flag and a parrot. YOHOHO! Looks like our rumour is reliable.

PIRATE OGORS JUST BECAME THAT MUCH MORE PLAUSIBLE!! This is incredible to see. Looks like Underworlds is getting the Kill Team treatment with a new Core Box. 

I wonder what the Lightning insignia is? Surely not more Stormcast?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

PIRATE OGORS JUST BECAME THAT MUCH MORE PLAUSIBLE!! This is incredible to see. Looks like Underworlds is getting the Kill Team treatment with a new Core Box. 

I wonder what the Lightning insignia is? Surely not more Stormcast?

Here's the rumour I am talking about:

zombies
pirate themed warband 🍌
aelf warband (we know who is in ulgu)
they are the best yes yes
human band
no chorfs :(

monkey vs crab will be awesome duel, but I am looking more for parrot vs fish 

Given that list, I would say maybe the human warband? Sigmarite priests or dawnbringer crusaders, maybe.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

So if I understand it correctly this season will only have 4 warbands with 2 from Harrowdeep and two more single releases plus a Rivals deck release? This would also make sense with the lower card count this season being only 308:

No, the roadmap say six new warbands:

Two from Harrowdeep

New Warband Q1 '22

New Warband + Extra core set with two new warbands Q2 '22

EDIT: Rereading your post again, I think I was just working with a different definition of what a "season" is in Underworlds. If you mean the second core set starts a new season, then yeah, it's only 4 warbands.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

No, the roadmap say six new warbands:

Two from Harrowdeep

New Warband Q1 '22

New Warband + Extra core set with two new warbands Q2 '22

You are right, didn't see it specifically said Season 5. I thought that new core set would already be part of the next season.

But then there is still the question if standalone Warbands even have universals now as that won't really fit with 308 max cards then.

If we suppose each Warband gets 32 faction cards thats already 6x 32=192 plus 84 universals from Harrowdeep are 276. If the Rivals deck also has 32 unique cards thats already 308 without any universals from the second core set. So it only makes sense if the core sets double up on every universal included for only 42 unique ones or both core sets include the same cards (or a mix of these)

Edited by Matrindur

25 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

PIRATES AHOY LADS!!!! WE HAVE A PARROT!!!!!G5Y2TsbMkfE1ZUX7.jpg.73cf10fdf3de04aefabc230992c9a47d.jpg

Hmm I would not have though it was a parrot without them saying it was one

Just now, PrimeElectrid said:

Isn’t that a road map for every game system except AoS now?

Lotr says hello