The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, novakai said:

yeah they have only mention the preview once in a article last week and made a brief mention in the warhammer TV video and they haven't really talk about it at all since.

not even much fanfare from the Facebook page either, no teaser or countdown poster.

Either this proves the Crocodile exists and will hype itself. Or that the crocodile doesn't exist and they know we will be terribly disappointed so they are trying to mitigate the damage by acting like it isn't happening. 🤔

35 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Either this proves the Crocodile exists and will hype itself. Or that the crocodile doesn't exist and they know we will be terribly disappointed so they are trying to mitigate the damage by acting like it isn't happening. 🤔

or all the GW employee are on vacation because the UK like celebrating American Independence from Great Britain OH WAIT

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

We have a case of Schrödinger-gator...the worst type of gator.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I really doubt they won't show models in the event,when they did for the 2nd edition they revealed the Nighthaunt trailer with the black coach and other pieces iirc(and also a stormcast trailer was shown).

Both of those videos were first shown at Warhammer fest on May 12th 2018, which is more evidence that they are being unnecessarily coy about releases this time. 

That said, I think we will see something on Saturday.

55 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Bit worrying given GWs usual complete over-hype marketing machine

Not really. At a guess they don’t want to distract from Dominion plus I suspect it’s going to be supporting the release by showing Stormcast and Kruleboy releases.

5 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not really. At a guess they don’t want to distract from Dominion plus I suspect it’s going to be supporting the release by showing Stormcast and Kruleboy releases.

It is a bit ironic as the lack of reveals is a reason that keeps popping up for people to not get the box. People would probably be way more eager to buy it, if they saw new books on the way. They seem to only be shooting themselves in the foot being so tight lipped about this, so customers simply choose to not buy into the unknown or at least wait for more information.

There is probably also a lot of people awaiting FAQs to inform them what they wish to buy into for 3.0. Perhaps the short time the beasts of chaos FAQ was suddenly listed as 02/07 is an indication of what we might be able to expect for the planned FAQ release, one can hope.

• Thanks 2

I'm tempering my hype for the Preview. My guess is the hosts may be different and have a Rules Designer on to talk about the changes. Theyll go over the Dominion contents once again and maybe show off new SCE and Kruelboyz painting sets. 

In the 40K Preview they teased future models from different armies, I think that they may tease the future Kruelboyz and SCE rather than other Factions.

I'm just trying to manage my hype. #gatorgang

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

Bit worrying given GWs usual complete over-hype marketing machine

Could also be a reaction to all the slagging they get for hyping the reviews.. 

They do seem to be experimenting with the format a little to find the best mix. 

Hoping there is a little peek at what's coming beyond the Stormcast and Kruelboyz like they did with 40k.. just a glimpse of a new Grungni faction dwarf..🙏

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Maybe this preview is going to be so massive, so astronomically vital, so gigantic, so important to the fate of all mortal realms, that its shear awesomeness cannot be put into mear words and this is why GW haven't talked about it. 

Right guys? 

Right? 

Maybe they are silent because it's the Silent People...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Could also be a reaction to all the slagging they get for hyping the reviews.. 

They do seem to be experimenting with the format a little to find the best mix. 

Hoping there is a little peek at what's coming beyond the Stormcast and Kruelboyz like they did with 40k.. just a glimpse of a new Grungni faction dwarf..🙏

I understand companies are totally committed to hype and marketing, but I would appreciate a clear release schedule for both rules and models. I feel that's treating me with more respect than bombarding me with "lIIImiteeed!" "nEEww" "whAt could thIs pIxeL bEE?".

• Like 3

Is the preview confirmed to be a live preview?

Maybe the lack of promotion is that it will be a simple article expressing thanks for purchasing Dominion along with further hype that it is selling fast and a self congratulatory pat on the back that they produced more copies, followed by a few pictures of whats to come? I am still hoping for a crocodile and some pegasus knights.

3 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

It is a bit ironic as the lack of reveals is a reason that keeps popping up for people to not get the box. People would probably be way more eager to buy it, if they saw new books on the way. They seem to only be shooting themselves in the foot being so tight lipped about this, so customers simply choose to not buy into the unknown or at least wait for more information.

There is probably also a lot of people awaiting FAQs to inform them what they wish to buy into for 3.0. Perhaps the short time the beasts of chaos FAQ was suddenly listed as 02/07 is an indication of what we might be able to expect for the planned FAQ release, one can hope.

I’m not going to disagree with you on any of that. I agree that there’s many people wondering about upcoming books and not wanting to commit. There could be also lots of reasons why GW aren’t promoting this (staff issues, schedule conflicts, etc). 

All I know is this is the best version of the game and I’ve already forgotten loads about the previous edition, so I’m ready to enjoy it 😁