The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Sowoky said:

New stuff doesn't get start collecting for a long time... Sacrosanct SCE still doesn't have a SC box.   

There will be starter sets of various sizes if you want the exact sprues you're already getting in dominion... Otherwise you're looking at seperate kits that will be released later. 

Sorry, meant the starter sets.  Believe there were three for 9e and at least two for 2.0?  Just looking for ways to fill out the list efficiently and Indomitus plus starter (or combat patrol) seemed to work well so hoping for some equivalent.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There's only x3 Boltboyz in Dominion, so I could see them being slid into an ETB box.

x5 Hobgrot Slittaz seem like a good way to get people buying more paint.

I think those boltboys are on the same sprue as the mounted boss and the standard bearer so they’re probably due for the overpriced ‘in-dominion-but-not-the-normal-three-starter-sets’ repackaging treatment in a year or so.

That said they do seem like plausible targets for also getting a separate ETB kit. Like how both glaivewraiths and castigators had sculpts unique to Soul Wars and then other kits too. As a small ranged unit they feel well suited to it.

Edited by sandlemad

Info:

@TwiceIfILikeIt and I jumped on the site about 10 minutes before opening.  We each had a window open to the Queue-it launch page and also to the "hidden" page (delete a bunch from the URL - get a different page). On each page our queue ID was the same (different for each of us/device, but the same within each account). We also each opened a page on our phones, each using the same (per person, different accounts for each of us) account. The queue IDs on our phones did not match those on our PCs.

Interestingly, our wait times were different from each other (as expected) and different on each device, even within the same account. For instance, my PC showed about a 40 minute wait time. After that, I opened my phone version and got a ... wait for it ... 6 minute wait time. My my.

So, we had six options (four of which were actually unique queue IDs), and the one that signed on last (my phone) got in waaaaay ahead of the others.

Bottom line: I got my freakin' limited $215 book! Yay me!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Either AOS is nowhere near as popular as I thought (~30/40% of all GW) or they really managed to pump out copies.

Did CC walk so Dominion could fly?

All I know is I'm seeing a whole lot less anger today than I thought I would see

Bit of both I imagine.  Not only is 40k more popular than AOS, Marines are more popular than SCE - in my local area I am the only SCE player.

I suspect they just made few copies of CC. Whether they had to drop the externally sourced parts for CC to meet demand for AOS, or their own internal plastic production, I have no idea.

46 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Did CC walk so Dominion could fly

This.

I still think there was an ERP issue but I do believe that when they looked at a second printing they couldn’t justify bumping Dominion sprues in Nottingham and new Core Rules and GH at their publishers.  

I also think they may have boosted early area allotments so by time U.S rolled around the “resellers” were scared off.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Either AOS is nowhere near as popular as I thought (~30/40% of all GW) or they really managed to pump out copies.

Did CC walk so Dominion could fly?

All I know is I'm seeing a whole lot less anger today than I thought I would see

It can't be overstated just how much more popular 40k is than AoS, and Space Marines are an absolutely guaranteed seller, whereas Stormcast are about as popular as any other army. 

There's a chance they produced more boxes than there is demand, but it could also be the limit on how many people can buy. Have they done that for other boxsets?

Just now, KriticalKhan said:

It can't be overstated just how much more popular 40k is than AoS, and Space Marines are an absolutely guaranteed seller, whereas Stormcast are about as popular as any other army. 

There's a chance they produced more boxes than there is demand, but it could also be the limit on how many people can buy. Have they done that for other boxsets?

IIRC Indomitus started with multiple copies per customer (I think 5 max?), but by the time it went up on NA it was limited to 1 per.

4 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I think the SC chariot and archer hero, as well as the Kruleboys ballista and boss on a swamp troll, are probably going to be ETB kits. That’s more like the Dreadblades or Reikenor or Asteria Soulblight though.
No sign yet of smaller cheaper ETB kits but I’d be very surprised if there weren’t e.g. small sprues of two to three Gutrippas or Vindictors for inclusion in paint sets, magazines, etc.

Seems plausible, good shout.

Must say I've come round to the Kruleboyz pretty fast. Separate them from the GW Orc archetype, they're very compelling. The Gutrippaz as a sort of hoplite/Zulu impi composite, *chef kiss*. 

Although I tell you who dosent *remotley* fit in with them? Kragnos. Still lol at that contrivance. So obviously a way to trail Dominion and nothing else. 

6 minutes ago, Nos said:

Seems plausible, good shout.

Must say I've come round to the Kruleboyz pretty fast. Separate them from the GW Orc archetype, they're very compelling. The Gutrippaz as a sort of hoplite/Zulu impi composite, *chef kiss*. 

Although I tell you who dosent *remotley* fit in with them? Kragnos. Still lol at that contrivance. So obviously a way to trail Dominion and nothing else. 

I believe you misspelled “troll Beasts of Chaos players” in relation to Kragnos fitting in 😆

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Why is that unfortunate?

The kits still look awesome, they are indeed "full kits" as well, and they have the added bonus of being easier to build.

I totally don't get why folks think that something with additional features should cost less than the things without them.

🤷‍♂️

Easy to build kits are a single pose, and don't have bits (maybe a headswap).

They are also not really that much easier to build, they just give you less options and you could try to rely on the pushfit.

So no bits and no variation makes for a jarring doubling on the table and less conversion parts, so it's less value.

Also, you don't get loadout choice that the warscroll may give you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

More likely it's down to 40k/Marines being far more popular than AoS. According to ICv2's charts, Star Wars: Legion and Marvel Crisis Protocol actually overtook AoS in Q4 so it doesn't seem to be quite the juggernaut of it's sister game.

would like to see these charts, can DM them to keep rumours clear. I was wondering how large SW Legion is

Marines make up something like 40% or GW's total sales as a company I think (or at least have reached such heights in the past). So they are a BIG thing and Indomitus with Marines inside makes it a huge product. So AoS is already less in total sales let alone sales for Stormcast and the new army. So yep there is likely far less pressure than with Indomitus

GW also wasn't shut 2 months prior to launch of Dominion and has had a year of inflated sales to have at least a bit of time to adjust their ordering and sales rates for Dominion. Don't forget Indomitus hit right after Covid lockdowns and GWs sales were double what they normally are last year; so Indomitus sales rate was way way way above what GW even could have estimated.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Marines make up something like 40% or GW's total sales as a company I think (or at least have reached such heights in the past). So they are a BIG thing and Indomitus with Marines inside makes it a huge product. So AoS is already less in total sales let alone sales for Stormcast and the new army. So yep there is likely far less pressure than with Indomitus

GW also wasn't shut 2 months prior to launch of Dominion and has had a year of inflated sales to have at least a bit of time to adjust their ordering and sales rates for Dominion. Don't forget Indomitus hit right after Covid lockdowns and GWs sales were double what they normally are last year; so Indomitus sales rate was way way way above what GW even could have estimated.

Horray! I may get it yet at my local hobby shop... Those KO I have been eyeing shall fly into someone else's life 😭

Not sure this should be in rumours but is the Maggotkin battletome just around the corner?

I noticed the Maggotkin 3.0 series article was up on Warhammer Community and was pretty confusing.

Aside from recommending Bloab and Nurglings, it recommended using the Harbinger to suport Pusgoyles for the 5+ ward. It also mentions that they have 8 wounds when they have 7.

So was this article written with the new battletome in mind or just filled with glaring errors?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Info:

@TwiceIfILikeIt and I jumped on the site about 10 minutes before opening.  We each had a window open to the Queue-it launch page and also to the "hidden" page (delete a bunch from the URL - get a different page). On each page our queue ID was the same (different for each of us/device, but the same within each account). We also each opened a page on our phones, each using the same (per person, different accounts for each of us) account. The queue IDs on our phones did not match those on our PCs.

Interestingly, our wait times were different from each other (as expected) and different on each device, even within the same account. For instance, my PC showed about a 40 minute wait time. After that, I opened my phone version and got a ... wait for it ... 6 minute wait time. My my.

So, we had six options (four of which were actually unique queue IDs), and the one that signed on last (my phone) got in waaaaay ahead of the others.

Bottom line: I got my freakin' limited $215 book! Yay me!

I have put several posts up about it on several places over the last week, as the Queue system is easily exploitable. Without installing anything extra on my PC, no addition devices and with next to no work I was able to 'reserve' 6 individual spots in the queue during last weeks pre-order for the ghosts (I did this to prove to people that called me out saying it couldn't be done and was only in the queue long enough to take the screenshots as to not withhold spots from people legitimately trying to get in and buy) This can be done multiple times across devices as well, I just had no intention of abusing it past showing that it could be done.

Which is one of a couple of reasons I refused to buy the copies of this launch set in the end. I went and spent my money on different stuff completely. GW lost two sales of the set (I'd have brought one for my own collection and one for my gaming group to paint up loaner armies & a book for the group to read- we are still playing 1st Ed but all love new art/lore/battleplans etc) plus I'm highly unlikely to buy into any of the new orcs models from their single release or early battletomes now.

I honestly think what GW have done over the last few weeks is disgusting and refuse to support it. I'm not out there crying that others shouldn't buy it- If you are fine with sitting in a virtual queue on a weekend then its no bother to me. I love the hobby and love seeing people get excited and buy new stuff. But my hobby is meant to be fun- not a chore. They've decided that enough people are happy to jump through hoops to buy AoS, but its not for me or my group. Not when there are huge amounts of alternatives.

I even pointed out to GW that the Queue system is ridiculously easy to exploit and received no answer. 🤷‍♂️ If people are happy that they are sitting in a Queue because some folk are abusing the system put in place to try and stop the abuse that was taling place in the standard system and GW don't give monkeys, then I'm not sure I should worry about it either. If I ever decide that sitting in a virtual queue is the hobby for me, I know how to exploit it and I also now know that no one is bothered if I do! 😁

• Confused 10

50 minutes ago, Overread said:

Marines make up something like 40% or GW's total sales as a company I think

Dunno if it's still true, but during part of my days in GW IT, I was responsible for collecting sales data from the retail chain, and at that time Space Marines alone outsold all of Warhammer Fantasy combined.

Yeah. People like their space fascists.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2