The Rumour Thread

I’ve been a couple of days away and have drifted apart from some of the recent rumors, but looking at the overall collection of whispers of what’s to come has given me some decent room to speculate on how the Kruelboyz will play.

Taking into account much earlier rumors, it was mentioned that they will be an ambush-themed army, contrasting with the straight-forward Orruk warclan approach of running as quickly into the enemy’s face as possible to smash and bash; very fitting considering that the Kruelboyz are more aligned to Mork. There have also been some teasers for an updated Wyvern, and some sort of slug/swamp named creature; this is also in addition to the large silhouettes in the background of the official images that look to be either a type of troll or an elite infantry choice. This, and the rumor that we will be receiving some sort of wolf calvary unit as well. 

My guess is that the army is going to look very diverse on the tabletop, with small units of hobgoblins and kruelboy orruks to hold objectives or take in large swarms; the calvary will be an alternative which can (hopefully) be taken as a troop choice of a boss on the big monster is taken. The real meat of the army is going to be in the form of large swamp monsters and trolls, with heroes either providing support or acting as best sticks, with certain ambush mechanics allowing said monsters or blobs to close in quickly. It’s going to be a semi-glass cannon army with high MW potential and generally lower than average saves, but high wounds and toughness. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I don't think GW would want to commit to a Made-To-Order run until Dominion very definitely 100% on-the-sheets sells out. That way they can benefit from FOMO, be certain they're actually going to sell through it (you can still get the Lumineth starter set if you poke around a bit) and then benefit from a good bit of PR when they come out and go, "haha we're listening and so everyone can get a copy we're making it Made-To-Order!" and then everybody cheers.

Committing to a Made-To-Order before hand also means some people might not bother ordering on Day 1 and put it off because 'eh I can buy it later' which they probably don't want either.

Of course Indomitus might've been an exception just because of Space Marine's absurd popularity compared to AoS as a whole, but we'll see.

I know for a fact that the local GW in Denver, CO(run by a nice guy named Kyle(free advertising)) still has that box. Also if they do Made to Order I hope it lasts a lot longer than the other special “releases”(MTO Tomb Kings back when the dlc came out for Total War).

21 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Out of curiosity, why are the filthy elgi coming before the Dawi-Zhar? We actually have legit rumors about the latter.

Cause we need more Aelves in AoS! If the Chaos Dwarves wanted to to be included sooner, they should've grown a bit and dropped their beards. 😎

Actually, Malerion's aelves are okay, I'd even like to see them as part of DoK, the coolest Aelven faction. I didn't officially say that. It was a moment of weakness.

• Like 1

Man was I deflated when I saw the Gnashtoof but the mention of smaller hounds made me immediately think that these may be the wolf riders from the Rumours or else a pack of hunting dogs!!

People seem to be loving the idea of the winged monstrosity but what about the Sludgeraker!? That is giving me the crocodile/frog vibes I've been looking for!! Kruelboyz are shaping up to be a really diverse looking range, cannot wait to see what beasts await as. Damn it I'm so excite!! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Go go translators.  Seems in line with the other spoilers. 

Yeah nothing strikes me as particulaly new but it confirms the "reinforcement" thing.

If there's a specific part that you want translated, ask away.

EDIT: was the limitations "no single unit can take more than 50% of your total points" already there?

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cataphract said:

When will we see the pre-orders for the Non-Dominion? Such as the SE Chariot and the KB Manskewer Ballista 

Well indomitus released around the same time last year, and it took through October to get the rest of the necrons/primaris releases out. 

Rough translation: 

To triumph you need to .... but also carefully think of  how you build your army list.

LIMITE EN POINT (Points Limit)

Players must agree on a points limit before a game, you can go up to 3K if you want. The nb of points you have agreed on involves restrictions that define what you can take in your army list, the nb of terrains and table size (these last two are not obligatory ) as shown on the chart below. You can't spend more than half of your points in a single unit.

First line : nb of points limit you have chosen for your game.

Second line is nb of leaders you can take: at 750 pts you can only take up to 2 leaders, only up to 6 in a 2000 points etc...

Battelines

Behemoths

Artillery

Endless spells and invocations

Reinforced units

Ally

Minimum table size recommended

Minimum nb of terrains recommended. 

From what I can read, it seems to be for a narrative game or a campaign: The paragraph "Role tactique" states that the chart tells you the minimum nb of Leaders and battlelines that you MUST take and the maximum of Leaders,  Behemoth and Artillery that you CAN take in the army -de départ- that you start with (for a campaign?)

Edited by Sigmarusvult
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

Well indomitus released around the same time last year, and it took through October to get the rest of the necrons/primaris releases out. 

I mean we only just got the new Flayed Ones and Heavy Intercessors outside of the overpriced Kill Team expansion.

So you can still bring max sized units but you can't spam them? Seems like a really good change.

I'm sure they will change some unit sizes in GHB 2021. Going forward they can even add some ways to break those rules with battletomes like how Fyreslayers can bring an extra Magmadroth to pitched battles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EnumaEilish said:

He's got the same save as the Killaboss on Foot with Skareshield, who's similarly moderately armored. They have the same save as the much better armored Megaboss, but the Megaboss doesn't have a shield. I'm fine with chalking it up to +1 for Orkiness.

works for me.

We have the "because elf" clause, so we may as well have "'cos orkiness"  👍