The Rumour Thread

The one thing I've always wanted since the Storm of Magic (was it?), was the ability to have roaming or neutral monsters and beasts anyone could take. 

****** would that be amazing to see. I said it when I first saw the artwork of the Bonesplitterz hunting those big Ghurian beasts haha, would love for GW to release a mix of different monsters like Endless Spells. 

Do it GW. Do eet. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Love seeing more Fyreslayer representation that isn't just about them be gold obsessed mercenaries. 

I would of thought they would of went with KO since they are in that key art piece and I see them being more invaluable for the crusades that they are describing. 

I was also surprised they didn't mention KO! There was mention of aqua ghyranis but no Alarielle, so the rest of Order will probably be teased later? Hoping the terrain kits include a mix of Order aesthetics aside from Sigmar. Grungni especially deserves some credit, since it seems Thunderstrike armor made the Dawnbringing possible ;)

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

That mention about the crusades being lead by Daughters and Fyreslayers gives me doubt they'll end up in cities soup.

And it puzzles me even more than seeing them souped with other D.Elves of Malerion and Kharadron...

It would be utterly strange and worse than i thought imho...:p

Still interesting the part on the floating cities, while Kharadron does not seems mentioned while they are in the artwork (makes sense them wanting to pour money on the effort though as the opportunities and profits will increase).

I hope the monster they are teasing is for Kruleboyz because another troggoth unit could be great,still a preview for another army could be even more thrilling.

It's feeling like Cities may end up as the place where you can play multiple factions of Order together, not just where the WHF holdout kits are. Personally I'd like to see new nonhuman kits for them, alongside the inevitable new human kits, but I can understand if that's too much to ask, if GW wants other faction books to be similar to Orruk Warclans (separate army themes that can also be used to compliment each other).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

- Pitched battle Profiles and Unit Size: Unit Maximums have now been removed but Reinforced Units have been introduced, as well as a limit of Reinforced Units in Marched Play. "Single" has been introduced as a keyword for Pitched Battle Profiles. "Single" Units cannot be Reinforced.

Got an explanation for this part:
"Reinforcements are 4 max in a 2000 point army. Take a unit from 10 - 20 is 1 reinforcement. Battleline units can be reinforces 2 times. None battleline only 1 time."

If it is true the archers mortal wound spam will be reduced a little maybe?

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

@NeverchosenTo be honest some mammalian huge beasts could be really interesting...bulls,rhinos,elephants,giant elks and so on.

Maybe is my itch for the return of lammasuses and Chaos dwarves tauruses.

Still, as i already mentioned, neutral wandering monsters mechanics like endless spells could be great to explore the realms fauna and monsters.

Fw made the winds incarnates spirits so some monsters with the infused elements of the winds of magic could still be great (lava rhinos of Aqshy,quicksilver mesmerising drakes from chamon and so on).

@KingBroddKruleboyz definitively needs more Frogs and Crocs monsters...

Yes Frogs and Toads, Crocs and Gators!! Leaping crocadillians with shooting tongues!!

32 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

brodd sees the mega gargants in the animal bones again

*Throws bones to the ground* I can feel a Mancrusher update and Matriarch stomping into our near future. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

What everybody seems to miss is that this smells like a remake of the human range.

Phil Kelly mentioned that this edition is all about the simple mortals who are trying to survive.

There‘s been a rather recent Rumour about new humans as well

If Cities of Sigmar becomes mostly Human units with some updated, Aelf, Duardin and other such models, even if it were 2 kits of each of those races and the rest were Human Mortals that would be amazing.

• LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

"Reinforcements are 4 max in a 2000 point army. Take a unit from 10 - 20 is 1 reinforcement. Battleline units can be reinforces 2 times. None battleline only 1 time."

Sadly Sentinels are battleline and max 20 anyway, so no change.

5 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Sadly Sentinels are battleline and max 20 anyway, so no change.

True, it will affect Khaine more, stalkers loose 5 models. Its seens to hurt more armys with little units choice and units that want to be in large numbers to be effective. Heartguard would be reduced to 2x15 units, if you want more of them they would be restrained to 5 models units, for example.

Edited by Arzalyn

Just now, Infernalslayer said:

Not sure if mentioned already by other members, i visited my FLGS today to pick up some of the previous preorders and they told me they will be taking preorders from customers next week for the Dominion set, so it is coming soon.

GW preorders go up on the 19th, the release date is July 3rd.

26 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

What everybody seems to miss is that this smells like a remake of the human range.

Phil Kelly mentioned that this edition is all about the simple mortals who are trying to survive.

There‘s been a rather recent Rumour about new humans as well

I know they don't have unlimited resources but creating the "human" (going by CoS they might be a good mix) faction has been long overdue. Judging by the bits and pieces and minis we've seen, it will be good-looking to say the least. I also believe this "human" POV might make the world and other factions even more interesting as we get to see them from Average Joe's eyes. I'm excited for that.

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I know they don't have unlimited resources but creating the "human" (going by CoS they might be a good mix) faction has been long overdue. Judging by the bits and pieces and minis we've seen, it will be good-looking to say the least. I also believe this "human" POV might make the world and other factions even more interesting as we get to see them from Average Joe's eyes. I'm excited for that.

It won't be a crusade without some sigmarite faith reinforcements though....like priests and witchunters :) .
Still the more grounded feel of "common men and inhabitants of the realms" could boost the already looming grimdark of the setting, but maybe more "noble"(striving to win against chaos and less hopelessness).
After all life is rampant and probably a new season of blooming civilizations and nations could define better the setting.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

so far it's been people getting angry about dwarf soup

I don't understand why, dwarf soup is delicious. It's a hearty dish full of root vegetables and mushrooms from local farms. Not much meat, but some of the fungi collected from the caves under the dwarfhold (such as Squig or Grot) have a meat-like texture. I heard the regional Fyreslayer variation uses fresh spices from Aqshy to give it some heat.

The thick broth and inclusion of ale during cooking makes it more of a stew though.

Edit: I just realized I should have wrote this from a greenskin perspective on cooking Duardin... Missed opportunity.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

It is the same rule that has the game CONQUEST

11 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

It won't be a crusade without some sigmarite faith reinforcements though....like priests and witchunters :) .
Still the more grounded feel of "common men and inhabitants of the realms" could boost the already looming grimdark of the setting, but maybe more "noble"(striving to win against chaos and less hopelessness).
After all life is rampant and probably a new season of blooming civilizations and nations could define better the setting.

Well, a witch hunter is a "pretty normal dude" to me in regards to Warhammer. This says a lot about GW's world and me I guess. 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:
3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I'm hoping for something very Grimdark and AOS!! Something we havent seen before that would be at home in Ghur, maybe a cross between a Croc and a Hippo or something!! Anything that is clearly a monster and wouldnt be confused for a Daemon.

A AOS style alligator/crocodile monstrosity sounds amazing my liege, but I’m biased as they’re my favorite reptile ever. If they ever release one I’m calling it Sobek.