The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

His mortal wound output against monsters is utterly disgusting. So yeah 650ish I agree.

but you might not be playing against any monsters. I could see him for 550 even slightly below that mark. No way he is better or equal than Morathi(600)/Teclis(660). 

not sure if this had been already confirmed but as suspected, rumoured, leaked the new AoS3 launch set (or whatever they're going to call this) is called Dominion

plus...

this weekend, we’re showing you everything. Join us as we unveil the whole box – there may even be a few extra surprises too.

Guessing at the very least Stormcast will finally get a terrain feature

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/24/whats-inside-the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-dominion-boxed-set-find-out-on-saturday/?utm_source=TW&utm_medium=TW&utm_campaign=AOS, TV

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Limited to killing everything that moves

With a movement of 10, no fly and can not move over models, can not hold objects and no relatable supporting abilities, the amount of “everything” is questionable 

Better take a cabbage or mega instead if that’s just it and points over 600.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Kragnos seems powerful, but I don't know if the lack of run+charge with a big base and 0 utility past 10" move is going to make a very predictable centerpiece to play against.

I suppose he will be fine in some cases but I don't know... 

He's like Zangief from Street Fighter: Has trouble getting in, but wrecks you if he does.

• Like 1

Seems a problematic model to balance. He is almost in inmortal vs armys with 0 mortal wounds  output but he is instakilled withouth counterplay by mortal wounds spam armys as lumineths or hearthguard poleaxes.

But around 30 damage output being almost all mortal and rend3 and 18 w with save 2 i think 600+ is a minimun

Re: Kragnos warscroll

+Does a lot of damage on the charge
+Hits like a truck in melee
+2+ save makes him good against high volume, low rend threats
+Good defense against spells
+18 wounds is good against being pinged down

-Cant benefit from allegiance so unlikely to ever get accuracy or attack boosts, relies on command points to reroll hit1
-only 10" move, cant run and charge
-Cant reroll charges natively, relies on command points
-No special defense against shooting or mortal wounds
-Can't fight first or delay enemy fighting
-Hurts his own army with Bellow of Rage

He will probably be too expensive and won't counter meta threats like hearthguard blobs or faster armies that can deny his charge and make him fight last. Unless he is around 400p I doubt he will be a competitive... not that it matters since everything changes with 3rd edition anyway!

Has anyone pointed out that there isn't a single unit in the game with the DRAKE keyword? Must be a new stormcast unit coming in 3rd edition.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

So we can surmise save values of more than 1+ are going to be less relevant in 3.

More mortal wound spam, and attack at rend -3.

Not sure if a God Warscroll is something to take as a "basic warscroll for 3.0".

Gravelords seems to have the basic 1D3 mw when charging (Black knights) and the usual 6+wounds but recieved a big hit downgrading all "add +1atks" and having less scaling power than before.

But I assume that save values are going to have a better range between 2+saves and no saves at all, meaning that rend is going to be something to take in consideration thanMoRe MoRtAl WoUnDs PlEaSe!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

He only counts as 1 on objectives, will have difficulty maneuvering without fly, can't use allegiance abilities, and has no ward save. Let's be honest here, he's not a "competitive" pick.

But I'm sure gonna have fun running him in and exploding things before he inevitably falls over.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

With a movement of 10, no fly and can not move over models, can not hold objects and no relatable supporting abilities, the amount of “everything” is questionable 

Better take a cabbage or mega instead if that’s just it and points over 600.

I see your point but then again he is superior in combat than probably anything else? He can one shot most units this games had to offer and withstand them. I mean charge + his attacks is like 25 wounds a turn?

Edited by Aeryenn

5 minutes ago, JPjr said:

not sure if this had been already confirmed but as suspected, rumoured, leaked the new AoS3 launch set (or whatever they're going to call this) is called Dominion

plus...

this weekend, we’re showing you everything. Join us as we unveil the whole box – there may even be a few extra surprises too.

Guessing at the very least Stormcast will finally get a terrain feature

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/24/whats-inside-the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-dominion-boxed-set-find-out-on-saturday/?utm_source=TW&utm_medium=TW&utm_campaign=AOS, TV

Few Extra surprises? Terrain is almost guranteed which is amazing, I'd bet it's more of the ruins we've seen on Yndrastas' base.

Could it be a sneak peek at yet another Faction? The Drakes perhaps? Or could it be that Destruction gets something massive such as a Mega Gargant?

Just now, Doko said:

Seems a problematic model to balance. He is almost in inmortal vs armys with 0 mortal wounds  output but he is instakilled withouth counterplay by mortal wounds spam armys as lumineths or hearthguard poleaxes.

But around 30 damage output being almost all mortal and rend3 and 18 w with save 2 i think 600+ is a minimun

why do people think damage = broken ????  he cannot be buffed, he cannot run and charge even if he charges and wipes a screen with his MW ability he cannot then pile in more than 3, he cant fight again etc. 

If he is above 550 he is a pure casual centerpiece (I am still getting him and painting him!)  I am just saying that it is the same as with the Blood knights people being super focused on their damage. (if they get an FaQ/clarification so they can charge and move over units with their rules they are A+ though) 

Kragnos is unplayable if he's any higher than 500 points. Unlike archaon he doesn't benefit from any allegiance abilities from the forces he's played in (Literally the only buff that effects him is Gordrakk's command ability for +1 to hit) and destruction has plenty of other big scary monsters.

From an output perspective he does 15-26, standard stonehorn and mawkrusha builds outperform that (while still having good mortals on the charge) and have good allegiance abilities. Normal gatebreakers do 9-18 on average, while having the same charge ability (except d3 against monsters instead of a lottery) and get some minor rerolls for a bit of extra damage. Damage focused gatebreaker builds in SoB can outdamage kragnos. Gitz can put out that output with some juiced up jaws of mork bounderz (but those are way more fragile). all of those things cost sub-500 points to do.

Maybe bonesplitterz want him?, but I wouldn't be surprised if a juiced up rogue idol could fill a similar role.

Kragnos is nowhere close to Archaon in power since he can't benefit from the allegiance abilities and buffs of the factions you put him in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Morathi laughs at him, Gotrek laughs even harder, and a Tzeentch-led Archaon turns him into a pop-tart. And I think Nagash even has hand of death against him. All the big guns can handle him. Sounds like if you’re running an alliance’s Superman, he’s a pushover. Anything outside of that he’ll crush you and keep going. Sounds honestly like he’s right where he belongs, power wise.