The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Lengthster said:

Absolutely massive month.

Do we know what faction Kragnos belongs to? I know some factions have centaurs, Sylvaneth, Beasts of Chaos or Legions of Azgorh. He seems to have a collection of other people's bits, do we recognise any of the dangly bits? 

Also I just checked Forge World and there's no LoA stuff, its all gone O.o. There's no way right? Plastic LoA???

kx6peghp98o61.jpg.4de60f3c60ae5e686ea7be6cd25a9b7b.jpg 

Before we knew it was attached to Kragnos the common consensus was that it was a Duardin thing. The charms attached represent the different Duardin cultures (Hammer for Dispossessed, Ship's Wheel for KO, Axe head for Fyreslayers), and it has a mountain in the top left similar to how WHFB dwarves depicted mountains. Now that we know it's the shield of Kragnos it's harder to say, but I would say it's still related.

My guess is Grungni or Grimnir is responsible for imprisoning Kragnos and killing off his people. His shield is made from the trophies he has claimed from killing lots of Duardin in revenge. I am still wondering if Kragnos is related to the Kurnothi, Beasts of Chaos, Bull Centaurs, or something new. If this is his face at the top then I want to say Beastmen but something is telling me he is a Destruction demigod.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I think there's no way all that stuff is coming in May with the most recent delay we've had and with knowing that Necromunda will be the May 8th pre-order.

Are you sure Necromunda is first up? We also have AdMech which was supposed to arrive in April. On top of that we are due to get 2 Underworlds warbands on May. 

We will probably see either Kragnos or the Soulblight  slip into June. 

Or they could surprise everyone and announce a Broken Realms Gordrakk book. 

33 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Are you sure Necromunda is first up? We also have AdMech which was supposed to arrive in April. On top of that we are due to get 2 Underworlds warbands on May. 

We will probably see either Kragnos or the Soulblight  slip into June. 

Or they could surprise everyone and announce a Broken Realms Gordrakk book. 

They said tonight new releases are back in the 8th of May starting with Necromuna. Wouldn't surprise me if the underworld warbands get realesed then as well. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Before we knew it was attached to Kragnos the common consensus was that it was a Duardin thing. The charms attached represent the different Duardin cultures (Hammer for Dispossessed, Ship's Wheel for KO, Axe head for Fyreslayers), and it has a mountain in the top left similar to how WHFB dwarves depicted mountains. Now that we know it's the shield of Kragnos it's harder to say, but I would say it's still related.

My guess is Grungni or Grimnir is responsible for imprisoning Kragnos and killing off his people. His shield is made from the trophies he has claimed from killing lots of Duardin in revenge. I am still wondering if Kragnos is related to the Kurnothi, Beasts of Chaos, Bull Centaurs, or something new. If this is his face at the top then I want to say Beastmen but something is telling me he is a Destruction demigod.

You know, if the next edition focusses on Destruction and dwarves instead of Death and elves, I would not mind that at all. Even though I don't particuarly care for either. Because it would be a nice signal that GW is actually trying to give all factions their time in the sun.

• Like 11

Considering Sylvaneth were some of my first AOS models and have always been one of my favourite armies I would be pretty damn happy if they got a second wave, i doubt it but the bit from BR Teclis about Life having a resurgence does give me a faint hope that there will be something on the way for them.

Although I'll also be pretty happy if the Kurnothi become a full on faction/army since they're fairly Sylvaneth adjacent in a way and I do like the look of the Beastgrave warband. 

Yeah its honestly pretty weird we haven't seen more gravelords. I feel like there are more kits to come, dire wolves etc. 

I'm also curious where they fit in with the broken realms releases. Will they be before or after kragnos?

I imagine they would be before, as the kragnos story could probably flow in better to aos 3.0.

But if that's so, then kragnos model will probably be the very last thing they reveal from that book.

Meaning, we've probably got another month or so of speculation over what he might be.

1 minute ago, Feii said:

they have deleted all those social media interactions saying that so?  /s 

They did. And they do it pretty often:

I was very confused when I entered my local store (click and collect) and asked when they might have the Celebration Models in stock(the cool Bullgore-Head Stormcast), we quickly figured out that the Warcom article had been altered. Before it claimed that those models would be available once the lockdown in the shop's region would end. Now it said (very, very clearly) that those models would only be available for the shop celebrations... o.O that was confusing.
I'd prefer them not to do that and instead put up an article with an apology and explain why the previous plan won't work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Incineroar87 said:

Really hope the new model is Sylvaneth, they badly deserve a little boost in viability. Just give them something haha. Really hope we see some new Sylvaneth units alongside too so we don’t have to Kurnothi Hunter spam.

Yeah looks like this is the Lady of Vines, really looking forward to seeing her. Sylvaneth could with more- ,maybe new types of Dryads and some new classes of forest spirit. Something Drycha sized would be cool- between Treemen and Hunter size.

7 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Yeah I thought that shield was dwarf-related. He's not Kurnothi as Whitefang said he's Destruction and I tend to listen to what he says. Plus his design is more chunky/powerful which fits Destruction/Beasts. If he is an enemy of dwarfs Greenskins would suit him as they are the tradition foes of dwarfs. Maybe he leads the new wolf goblin faction? Lots to look forward to either way .. 

10 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Reliable rumours, or?

Rob from the honestwargamer said he would bet all his money on it based on the rumours he had heard. 

To be fair it is most likely that Kragnos is the last BR books before AoS 3 but maybe they keep going with the series? It's not like AoS 3 will mend the realms. 

Talking about the rumors of AoS3.0, what do you think about Command Abilities?
If the leaks/rumors are beliable, we need a new set of generic CA because playing with 15+ CPs means a lot of rerolls of 1, saves or inmune to battleshock.

Btw, I'm fine with +1/-1 stacking, anybody knows if they are for Hit and Wound rolls? Or maybe for other rolls too?

If Kragnos is the last book, then that's extremely disappointing.  So many plot threads from throughout the soul Wars have yet to be resolved or expanded on. And so many characters are left in this nebulous state where we don't really know what they are doing at the moment.