The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

I believe the goats the worship the 'main' chaos gods are ostracized for doing so.  It's not pure, primordial chaos - in a way those four are a perversion of 'true' chaos.

I'd personally love to see more exclusions as well as inclusions in factions based on leaders, heroes, etc.  BoC can't even ally in the slaanesh / tzeech gors even if they've chosen to mark themselves as such.  Humans are varied, so are beasts. If some Sylvaneth can worship Arielle, and potentially some can worship Kurnoth (which I think is where this conversation sort of started?)  Why can't some beasts be the 'chaos' ones, and others be the '****** that noise, we worship true chaos, and you gods don't even know what that is'?  I think i'm advocating that the "Chaos" alliance is more the "Chaos from the interpertation of the Chaos Gods" alliance?

I have argued many times over that Cities of Sigmar sets a really interesting precedent for Chaos with 1/4 allies. 

I feel Undivided should include Beasts, and that Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos should be able to ally each other 1/4 if the General is unmarked. I do not think that beasts should be able to chose any other marks unless their warscroll already contains one e.g. Tzaangors and Slaangors.

If the general has a mark than the 1/4 allies must share that mark, so a Tzaangor general could only take Tzeentch marked allies. Skaven would require a new Mark for the Great Horned one and Pestilens could chose to run the Mark of Nurgle.  

My hope is that giving certain limitations of what can be allied to a marked god will give more incentive to play with Undivided units. I also feel that this would give Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos a bigger niche, as currently it feels redundant to not use them in Godspecific factions which have better faction specific rules. However, in my mind Beasts and S2D could use the different marked units internally, but would be limited when allied into other armies. I think it fits the theme that undivided armies are more open/apathetic to diverse beliefs in the gods. 

So in a way, I think that there is a method of being simultaneously more and less inclusive. Insofar as it makes the general highly significant in terms of what allies can be taken for each faction, while getting rid of the strange redundancies that exist within Chaos as an alliance.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

The points for cursed city models are leaked allready.

The good guys are order keyword and the evil guys death.

Zombis 60

Skeletons 80

All the other death are a pack of 680 points

Order heroes

Ogre 120

Others 2 heroes 110( i think one is the mage ocre)

The others are 100 each

• Like 2

That new piece of MR fiction has me thinking.

It's clearly a metaphor for the Ossiarch's plan in Teclis, but the ending seems to imply something else.

The 'nobody can win if the other faction remains' is a reference to the Carrion Empire White Dwarf stuff, which ends with the FEC not being entirely wiped out.

The Liege Kavalos stands in for the Lumineth, whose tactics break threw ol' Vokky's plan, but it ends on a draw - despite what seems to be a clear victory.

Is there a hint at here that, though with everything that happened, Hysh and Teclis isn't quite as secure as we're led to believe? 

Because if so, and it turns out all along the Ossiarch's planned for Teclis' 'victory', and knew that a stalemate could occur by simply leaving the 'strongest' of the ghouls behind to cause enough issues in Hysh?

I wonder if this is where we'll have our Nagash rebirth - the Necroquake is closed and the Nadir is thereby implied to be weakened, but are the Ossiarchs planning to instead use corrupting Hysh to break the seals in place? 

And rather than scatter themselves on two fronts - between the Eightpoints and Hysh - use a neutral faction to pull a victory later?

Please GW - just make the Ghouls and Beastmen have a major plotline before the world ends that isn't just 'they kinda exist'

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Doko said:

Zombis 60

Skeletons 80

Order heroes

Ogre 120

The others are 100 each

Did the Cursed City Warscrolls pop up anywhere?

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I have argued many times over that Cities of Sigmar sets a really interesting precedent for Chaos with 1/4 allies. 

Given the new Cities introduced within Broken Realms so far, you may get your wish with Broken Realms: Belakor.  He's obviously been up to something nefarious; subverting one of Sigmar's cities could be part of his grand plan.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel Undivided should include Beasts, and that Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos should be able to ally each other 1/4 if the General is unmarked. I do not think that beasts should be able to chose any other marks unless their warscroll already contains one e.g. Tzaangors and Slaangors.

If the general has a mark than the 1/4 allies must share that mark, so a Tzaangor general could only take Tzeentch marked allies. Skaven would require a new Mark for the Great Horned one and Pestilens could chose to run the Mark of Nurgle.  

My hope is that giving certain limitations of what can be allied to a marked god will give more incentive to play with Undivided units. I also feel that this would give Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos a bigger niche, as currently it feels redundant to not use them in Godspecific factions which have better faction specific rules. However, in my mind Beasts and S2D could use the different marked units internally, but would be limited when allied into other armies. I think it fits the theme that undivided armies are more open/apathetic to diverse beliefs in the gods. 

So in a way, I think that there is a method of being simultaneously more and less inclusive. Insofar as it makes the general highly significant in terms of what allies can be taken for each faction, while getting rid of the strange redundancies that exist within Chaos as an alliance.

I absolutely LOVE the cities of sigmar setup.  I honestly think allies don't make much sense anymore because it kills whatever synergy there is, and sometimes it's quite limited.  For example, BoC can only take StD allies, but they can't get any of the benefits of a Chaos Lord's buffs because they do not come with a mark... and aren't StD tagged.  I don't WANT a god aligned BoC army, so it's hard when it's, like you said, increasingly mechanically better to choose some god and put all your units with other allegience abilities.  There are fixes here, they just need to be done.

Personally, I think for StD or BoC, if the lord is marked (and an option is available to do so, or as you said with BoC it's automatic) they should get 1 in 4 to the corresponding God.  This way a tzeech shaman gets you access to ogroid myrmidons, etc etc.  Meanwhile, you can no longer ally in units without that mark unless it's some sort of special faction specific thing (like StD should have an archaeon like faction that allows everything. 

I actually thing GAW is doing this more... the new city that uses lumineth, and the city using DoK are great add ons.. we now have cities that offer:

Stormcast, KO, Sylvaneth, LRL, and DoK.

It looks like a way to do it in the future, anyhow... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doko said:

Zombis 60

Skeletons 80

Order heroes

Ogre 120

The others are 100 each

I think that these points and unit sizes (and the weird thing of being forced to have ALL the heroes of the bad guys on a single pick) may be just a rough "patch" to have something to go back to before Soulblight Gravelords Battletome comes out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, drcrater said:

I think that these points and unit sizes (and the weird thing of being forced to have ALL the heroes of the bad guys on a single pick) may be just a rough "patch" to have something to go back to before Soulblight Gravelords Battletome comes out.

I bet your right about a stop-gap warscroll until the book is released. 

I'd hope the individual heroes get stats in the gravelords book, and that things like bat and rat swarms get their own warscroll. BUT a 600+ point super-warscroll does solve one nagging issue, and that's how Soul blight can have a bunch of foot heroes on the board at once. Existing models+ cursed city+ underworlds warband+ new leader models = a TON of potential heroes.  If the cursed city warscroll only counts as one leader slot, then your still free to bring along 7 more assorted vamp lords, barrow weights, vamps on zombie dragons, etc. One of my big fears for the army is ending up with a faction that has two dozen small hero options, and limited slots to field them in a game. 

Presenting them as a single warscroll now, and then potentially offering that warscroll later as a battalion with the same benefits would be cool. 

But the inner skeptic in me, hears a rumor of a 640 pt warscroll and thinks of all the crappy half-a** underworld warscrolls that have been develops and shudders in fear. 

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Current rumours are £120 or in lamens terms, Mega Garganted.

lamens = the clever mix of layman and lamentation cause those things cost us an arm and a leg! 😁😉

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 4

Warscrolls are up. Looks like all the Death stuff is based on current LoN book (keywords etc). Skeletons and Zombies are exactly the same. So it is very possible that this is just a filler until Soulblight Gravelords officially comes out.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer-Quest-Cursed-City-EN-2021

Edited by BaylorCorvette

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Great, now I gotta decide between Cursed City or finally picking up my own non-converted swole-lad. where are you landing on this @KingBrodd?

For myself I've my 3 Megas (Kraken Eater still being painted) and am holding off on any purchases outside of BL and Broken Realms for a little to recoup some savings. I will try and grab a Brutogg Corpse Eater off of Ebay if I can. 

Other than that I'll save my money until 3.0 drops or if my Ogor Mawtribes hunger for more minis.

I'm considering picking up a Fomoroid Crusher and converting it with a head swap and bits to resemble a large Ogor Tyrant!!

10 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

That would put it around $200 -- while expensive it seems reasonable to me for so much content. It's crazy that something like CC and a mega are the same price (says more about the pricing on the mega, imo).

Oh it says a lot about the Megas mate, I absolutely love the model and adore the fact they are a reality but I wont trick myself into thinking the price is justified. I was expecting £90-£100 at most. And that's being a bit generous if I'm honest.

• Like 1