The Rumour Thread

22 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I have been guilty of making many a joke at Elves, so I do apologize if I overdue it.  

I am excited for all the Lumineth releases and glad you guys are getting love.  Just hungry for more Vampire and Dwarf news.

It's fine, it's not about what one person posts, or meant no one should make fun of the Lumienth or something like that, or any single post or poster (and definitely not you) at all. No problem. : )

I'm also really thankful for the lots of ❤️ received, thank you everyone, very much appreciated! 

I'm also looking forward to what comes next, Vampires, Dwarfs or whatever! I'm excited that Broken Realms turned out not to be only about the aelf gods, who'd thought we get BR Belakor? That means almost anything is possible. 

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Kronos said:

Undead skaven would be really cool. I loved the old skeleton unit of mixed skeletons. I doubt gw would ever do that, best we have is the skull kit with a variety of skulls. 

The Cursed Company returns to Warhammer via the Cursed City. Works for me.

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

It's fine, it's not about what one person posts, or meant no one should make fun of the Lumienth or something like that, or any single post or poster (and definitely not you) at all. No problem. : )

I'm also really thankful for the lots of ❤️ received, thank you everyone, very much appreciated! 

I'm also looking forward to what comes next, Vampires, Dwarfs or whatever! I'm excited that Broken Realms turned out not to be only about the aelf gods, who'd thought we get BR Belakor? That means almost anything is possible. 

Sorry, that I have been off in that corner of existence we bleakly call reality. Your posts are always a joy and I think as a community we always need to take a step back and realize that our enjoyment of lore, aesthetic and play style are not defining attributes of who we are. As a Chaos player I think it is actually hilarious to think that people somehow conflate their ideologies with their little plastic soldiers. I think this is a huge element of the toxicity that keeps me always at arms length from 40k*. I will often point to the inclusiveness and transgressive qualities of Chaos as compelling elements of their lore, but I mostly just think that evil knights that worship demons are kinda cool... plus if I lose the fictional world has been saved and if I win then I won a game of plastic soldiers. I also have an Ogor army that I got for a good value and I really like their playstyle and aesthetic particularly that they ride Mr. Snuffleupagus, my favourite muppet. I am hoping to one day add an Order** army to the list and Lumineth and KO are my current top picks despite not liking each other lorewise... 🤭
I really like all the armies in our game as they have varied aesthetics and playstyles. I think that we should accept that people like things for a myriad of reasons and that GW is trying to appeal to those players and are currently working on fleshing out the Aelven side of the universe. I know it feels like a lot, but it is simply a particular aspect of the lore that felt necessary to untangle. I have said it numerous times before but I am confident that there will be a renewed focus on Duardin, Humans and Destruction in the next edition, as the current focus has been Death, Aelves and Chaos. I do not think that Duardin will have the same amount of factions or support as Aelves but looking at Fantasy there was a single faction (two for the periods in which Chaos Dwarfs were supported) compared to elves three. I personally suspect that in the future there will just be 5 Aelven focused factions (LRL, IDK, DoK, Sylvaneth, Malerion's Aelves ) with the potential that some of those factions may be enfolded with one another at some point. As for Duardin I think things are less obvious, currently we have three cultures of Duardin currently established (KO, Fyreslayers, Dispossessed) and some lore pointing towards their Chaotic brethren. I have seen people speculate on a few ways they might be expanded upon or possibly even enfolded... but it is currently hard to tell either way which direction that GW will take them. So I can imagine anywhere from 3-5 (KO, Fyreslayers, Dispossessed, Chaos Dwarves and maybe a completely new army). However, Aelves were previously in a similarly unknown position. I personally would love to see more Duardin, Destruction and Human factions, but I think that people are making a mountain out of a molehill. GW seems to simply be focusing on an aspect of the game and lore with the Aelves and they will eventually place similar focus on other factions soon enough. 😇

Now back to rumours, I have seen a number of people point out the similarities between the iconography of Kritza and Radukar. However, I think that Radukar will be invariably be sold as an individual model like the Gaunt Summoner and Ogroid Thaumaturge and therefore be aesthetically tied directly to Soulblight Gravelords and not be limited to the aesthetic of of Cursed City.  Not to say that Kritza will not be tied to the new game but rather that it is not definitive proof. I am also curious what the release window between Psychic Awakening books was as I think that could shine some light on the news about Be'Lakor before the release of Teclis, I feel like we were always aware of the next release sometime prior to the current book but I could be misremembering?

*This is particularly disconcerting considering the parodic tone and bleak grimdark reality of the 40k universe.
**I have never been drawn to Humans or Stormcast but going off of cursed city I could see myself getting into a Knights of Azyr/Devouted of Sigmar faction.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

The base of the rat prince and the vampire lord match exactly. The cursed city bases all have black rims and different coloured earth. As for the pace of releases, the psychic awakening books released monthly but it has already been almost 4 months since broken realms 1 so that tells us nothing.

It really is impossible to know when things come out especially when gw can't even tell us when the next release will be. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kronos said:

64D7E1E8-64F0-4092-94C0-062301F1C7C2.png

everglotbox-CB1-2005-04.jpg

that's all I'm saying..

Anyway,... Age of Hairstyles..

So... chaos love a topknot and Vampires love a bouffant.

Destruction are bald or going that way, 

Elves don't count as they love a good plant pot on their heads.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I personally don't like this new vamp model.

Don't get me wrong... It is a great sculpt and I understand everyone who likes it.

It's just that I like the more "high fantasy" way and this rather looks boring and bland. 

But it's just me🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rosa said:

I personally don't like this new vamp model.

Don't get me wrong... It is a great sculpt and I understand everyone who likes it.

It's just that I like the more "high fantasy" way and this rather looks boring and bland. 

But it's just me🤷🏻‍♂️

Great part about the army variety in AoS that theirs almost something for everyone :)

Plenty of armies and models I'd never get but people on here rave about (looking at you most Chaos models). 

• Like 8

Looks almost 40k-ish Inquisitorial to me tbh. Put him in Blackstone Fortress and I wouldn't bat an eye... (and that's a good thing.) I do enjoy the simpleness of the model a lot though. An aristocrat wearing fur, done.

On the other page I read about GW "shifting things around due to shipping issues", which is very welcome. My buddy who owns this cities LGS has been complaining for weeks now.  Orders he made 8 weeks ago are still nowhere to be seen.

Some people said that The Cursed City is right around the corner, but I have no clue how GW wants to do a major release with these Brexit and Covid related issues still lingering.

14 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Great part about the army variety in AoS that theirs almost something for everyone :)

Agreed!

As a rule I tend to love the high fantasy stuff, but the Vampires and possibly Order of Azyr really caught my eye.  The vampire garb, weapons, and armor that we've seen so far are stylish, but more classic looking than much of what's on offer in AoS. The same can be said for the Lady Knight, and even the Witch Hunter model (though his hat might make some aelves envious).  It might be worthy of note that two of the vampire lords have animal hides draped over their shoulders, and so does the Lady Knight. I wonder if GW is considering having the two model lines mirror one another much like they're doing with Slaanesh and the Aelves. It would be interesting, and create a fun dynamic between the two factions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Random said:

Some people said that The Cursed City is right around the corner, but I have no clue how GW wants to do a major release with these Brexit and Covid related issues still lingering.

If Cursed city was "right around the corner", I think we would definitly know the release month. We have a cursed city novel that should most likely be released the same time as the box.

Now their is the problem. Warhammer Community has a black Library coming soon article where they basicly show the releases of the next two months:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

The problem is, the Cursed City novel is not listed their. We have stuff for march and april listed.

It's most likely that the Lumineth Realm-lords Release and maybe Broken Realms Teclis is in march because we still wait on that book:

ACtC-3ehLJm3xX0WjahCR50DOVko3a9vAg9YJIyw

The other books that should be released and april are those

ACtC-3dBvDU4LloU4DDVwrIVooqS8ciWtwLhpDbF

ACtC-3fG8uAilG0gw_XYLlF0UnKZ2_f-klXVu8TW

ACtC-3cKc3y8hhwb9o1puvpf6eIXogTLJBfiGZng

It cursed city should be released in march or april, the book Cursed City novel would be shown in this list as well, so we are either in the last week of April (and the Cursed City novel isn't added yet, or the release is in May.

To give a comparrison, Direchasm and Warcry Catacombs were in the months as well as their bookreleases:

ACtC-3cG9rFa0fIZGP756XvHp-dXByQ6fSQnY8TP

ACtC-3cbEeShr3NaRd_Z9tPsVRQ6vQ33rJf7qnHc

+ We had the Bonesplitterz Warband in the Preview as well, that is a May Release.

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

If Cursed city was "right around the corner", I think we would definitly know the release month. We have a cursed city novel that should most likely be released the same time as the box.

Now their is the problem. Warhammer Community has a black Library coming soon article where they basicly show the releases of the next two months:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

The problem is, the Cursed City novel is not listed their. We have stuff for march and april listed.

It's most likely that the Lumineth Realm-lords Release and maybe Broken Realms Teclis is in march because we still wait on that book:

ACtC-3ehLJm3xX0WjahCR50DOVko3a9vAg9YJIyw

The other books that should be released and april are those

ACtC-3dBvDU4LloU4DDVwrIVooqS8ciWtwLhpDbF

ACtC-3fG8uAilG0gw_XYLlF0UnKZ2_f-klXVu8TW

ACtC-3cKc3y8hhwb9o1puvpf6eIXogTLJBfiGZng

It cursed city should be released in march or april, the book Cursed City novel would be shown in this list as well, so we are either in the last week of April (and the Cursed City novel isn't added yet, or the release is in May.

To give a comparrison, Direchasm and Warcry Catacombs were in the months as well as their bookreleases:

ACtC-3cG9rFa0fIZGP756XvHp-dXByQ6fSQnY8TP

ACtC-3cbEeShr3NaRd_Z9tPsVRQ6vQ33rJf7qnHc

+ We had the Bonesplitterz Warband in the Preview as well, that is a May Release.

It is a little concerning. It could just be that whether it is March or April is up in the air so they don't want to pin it down yet. I can't see it being pushed all the way to May. We saw the image in the style above for Cursed City that originally showed March 2021. 

9 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Completely forgot Gitslayer was coming out soon!  

There's also another Omnibus of the Old World adventures coming in the mid year (I think June/July?)

Which might be the final one since there's only these stories remaining:

Kinslayer
Rememberers (short story)
Slayer 
The Lost Kinsmen (short story)
City of the Damned

The first 3 are the End Times stories, however as there's only one novel and one short left from outside of that period it would make sense to put them all into one omnibus. That said this is only the ones that BL has for sale on their website, there might well be other short stories involving the pair that have not been otherwise sold through BL and which might appear. 

I'm just hoping for more BL novels to be written from the perspective of Destruction or at least Destruction as the enemy. 

I loved Gloomspite and cannot wait for Gitslayer. The Sons of Behemat Audio Drama was amazing as well and I highly recommend it, it's quite short but for obvious reasons I loved it.

I'd really love for a story about a Beastclaw Raiders tribe coming down from the mountains to assail a Free City village or a Fyreslayer Magmahold, with the Duardin mounting their defense. Much like the 13th warrior with Duardin and Ogors!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Completely forgot Gitslayer was coming out soon!  

First it was mentioned with March 2021, but they changed the entry to April.

And the same with The End of Enlightenment, that first should have been released in February and was changed to March.

9 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Lumineth Coin has been shown for this month. They say br Teclis and Lumineth are right round the corner praise be!!!!

Yup, likely pre-order last week of March, with release in April. WQ being earlier and otherwise they likely would have mentioned that it’s in March.