The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

They say Slaanesh is getting 11 new warscrolls.

Blissbarb Archers, rider dual kit, slaangor, myrmadesh dual kit, Glottus, Sigvald, mage hero . . .

That's nine. Am I forgetting something, or are there still warscrolls unaccounted for?

Lord of Pain and Direchasm warband

• Like 2

Just now, OkayestDM said:

That's nine. Am I forgetting something, or are there still warscrolls unaccounted for?

Depends if they mean new as in 'you've never seen them before' or new as in 'they weren't in the previous battletome.' If it's the second case, than the lord of pain and dread pageant bump it up to 11.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

WITNESS!!! In all seriousness I'd do the same if I wasn't planning on an Middle East/Tomb Kings reborn themed army.

59 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Ride Eternal Shiny and Chrome!!

Yes, if I ever pull the trigger on this concept I am going to be going through a lot of Molotow Liquid Chrome.

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The seekers hurt, a lot, as do the 3 Slaangors. Seekers should be 45€, that‘s 22% too much.

45€ for 5 Myrmidesh is LRL pricing all over again. 

The Archers should be ~2,5€ To 5€ cheaper, so they are okayish?

The rest seems somewhat cheaper than LRL?*

90€ for the Palanquin was expected.

I am rather neutral about these prices, yet the models I liked turned out to be too expensive, so I‘ll vote with my wallet and not Start Hedonites with all the new models.

*Edit: Meaning the Heroes?

Yeah, the Seekers and Mymidesh are rough. I really hate the 5 model elite infantry pricing trend. Seekers are a bit pricey but if current currency conversion trends continue they will be only $5 more than Dawnriders which doesn't seem too bad to me. The rest of the prices seem really quite nice though. Archers look to translate to $50 per 10 which is pretty in line with units like Shadow Warriors/Sisters of the Watch, and the Slaangors are comparable to Immortis Guard/Necropolis Stalkers. Glutos is hard to tell, but I'm guessing he will be $115-120 which is what I was hoping for. Was afraid that he'd be another $170 model like Teclis. Sigvald and the heroes look very reasonable as well.

I agree with your conclusion, too. I really love the seekers, but if they are $65 per box I'll probably try to get them on the secondary market if a full mounted army is viable. But Glutos and Sigvald are priced nicely enough that I'll probably pick them up even if I don't get the army.

• Like 2

The Seekers are pricey, but they're a lot bigger than I thought - I thought they'd be current seeker size (average cavalry) but they're much larger. The archers on foot come up to their hips just about - they may be about as tall as Varanguard.

TvNLeN0rDCNqJKAF.jpg.e5f208e7322dc45191b67700e6c938a6 (1).jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

The Seekers are pricey, but they're a lot bigger than I thought - I thought they'd be current seeker size (average cavalry) but they're much larger. The archers on foot come up to their hips just about - they may be about as tall as Varanguard.

TvNLeN0rDCNqJKAF.jpg.e5f208e7322dc45191b67700e6c938a6 (1).jpg

And archers looks to be on 25mm bases.. So the one holding the braiser is on a custom size base, 20mm or so? What am I missing here?

Just now, Third said:

And archers looks to be on 25mm bases.. So the one holding the braiser is on a custom size base, 20mm or so? What am I missing here?

I've been trying to figure out what base size they're on, but I think it's 32mm and the brazier is on 25mm.

• Like 1

The Lord of Pain up there is a 40mm, and the Myrmidesh are clearly smaller than that, then the archers smaller again.   Presumably the Myrmidesh are on 32s unless there's a size between 32 and 40 that I'm forgetting about?  Maybe the blissbarb homonculous could have a sub 25mm base if its base has molded elements and is on the sprue rather than a separate piece?  Though that would be quite unusual.

Hmm but then the Myrmidesh would be on 40mm.and would be crazy huge! Can't be... Something is odd.

Edit: Lucentia was faster.

Yes, the LOP is on 40mm so Myrmidesh are on 32. Really seems the homunculus is on something smaller than 25.

Edited by rosa

5 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The Lord of Pain up there is a 40mm, and the Myrmidesh are clearly smaller than that, then the archers smaller again.   Presumably the Myrmidesh are on 32s unless there's a size between 32 and 40 that I'm forgetting about?  Maybe the blissbarb homonculous could have a sub 25mm base if its base has molded elements and is on the sprue rather than a separate piece?  Though that would be quite unusual.

It‘s a Photoshop fail. They‘re meant to be further back, that’s why their bases seem smaller. I am sure it‘s 28/32mm

Edited by JackStreicher

Just now, rosa said:

A new base size? Than would also be odd. Why should they so this?

Why? I have no idea. But warcry did introduce 28mm bases for some of the models. The Unmade have Awakened Ones on 25mm bases, Ascended Ones on 28mm bases, Joyous Ones on 32mm bases and Blissful Ones on 40mm bases for example.

The new Archers seem to fit on 28mm bases if the brazier is smaller than them and they're smaller than the Sybarites.

----

Can anyone figure out what bases the Beastmen are on? 40mm or 50mm? Seems like its 40 at a glance.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

This is a really cool piece of art looking forward to seeing more:
GUs2tlxc32IwQAa6.jpg

Hmm... I am looking at this image in more depth and I am getting some interesting take aways. The Shardspeaker looks to be summoning the Keeper of Secrets. Also there is a ton of Draconian imagery throughout this image. Are the Slaaneshi forces invading an area full of dragon worshippers (Ulgu?/Hysh?) or is this a part of their own domain?  Also of course some freeguild representation and keepin in step with the current models in the City Range.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Hmm... I am looking at this image in more depth and I am getting some interesting take aways. The Shardspeaker looks to be summoning the Keeper of Secrets. Also there is a ton of Draconian imagery throughout this image. Are the Slaaneshi forces invading an area full of dragon worshippers (Hysh?) or is this a part of their own domain? 

They seem to be invading Hysh (Lumineth), one also holds up a LRL helmet

• Thanks 1