The Rumour Thread

They aren't going to say FAQs are dropping tomorrow or whenever in case something happens and it can't be posted. 

As they haven't said its not coming, we have no reason to believe it won't drop soon. The fact that it hasn't dropped on the same date as previous years means nothing. 

And I have to say their communication is so much better. They have been up front when products have been delayed (Sylvaneth, sons, death guard). If the pandemic had happened back when GW ignored the Internet, it would have been a shambles. 

• Thanks 7

10 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

As doubtful as I am, GW suddenly going "Aha, we saw all you sceptics about Legions of Nagash and Cities of Sigmar being squat'ed, well here you go! New LoN/CoS models just for you!" would both surprise and please me greatly. 

3.0 Box Set -

Broke - Stormcast vs Ironjawz 

Woke - Cities of Sigmar vs Legions of Nagash

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Incineroar87 said:

Whether we get a rehash of Legions Of Nagash or a re-imagined Vampire army.  I just want my plastic Vampire Lords, Blood Knights, Bat Swarms and Fell Bats haha

I'd really love to see what they'd do with plastic vampires. We need more baroque armor in the game and they'd be excellent. Also possibly great conversion pieces for Slaanesh.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

If I were writing a Vampire battletome I would put a City of Sigmar in as one of the sub factions, allowing 1 in 4 units to come from Cites of Sigmar as a throwback to the Storm of Chaos Slyvanian levy army. 

I've still got some zombie crossbow men I converted for the army somewhere. 

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

24 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

If I were writing a Vampire battletome I would put a City of Sigmar in as one of the sub factions, allowing 1 in 4 units to come from Cites of Sigmar as a throwback to the Storm of Chaos Slyvanian levy army. 

Cool idea. Having at least a handful of cowed, anaemic mortal followers has always been a cool angle to warhammer vampires in the background, though seldom represented on the tabletop. It wouldn't fit with Nighthaunt, FEC or Ossiarchs (or Chaos or Destruction really) but with a vampire-centric faction there's more room as they both offer a little potential for deviation from Nagash's grand plan and because they're intimately connected to a living underclass in a way that the others are not. Freeguild rules would certainly work well to represent some beaten-down Shyshian serfs roped into battle by their soulblight masters

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Whether we get a rehash of Legions Of Nagash or a re-imagined Vampire army.  I just want my plastic Vampire Lords, Blood Knights, Bat Swarms and Fell Bats haha

Definitely!! 

VC were my favourite faction and i'm so eager to see them return with a plastic release. As Celefaze has said we really need some baroque armour again, and gothic deathly baroque armour at that! 

Trying to use SC and Chaos bois as conversions for Vampires just doesn't cut it. :(

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

VC were my favourite faction and i'm so eager to see them return with a plastic release. As Celefaze has said we really need some baroque armour again, and gothic deathly baroque armour at that! 

If I'm not wrong, The Old World could explain the story around  the war of the four three emperors!! So I would assume that we are going to see Vlad, Konrad and Manfred doing what vamps do: Rise zombies, and be killed outside of Altdorf!!!

57 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Wondering when they will announce the next Broken Realms.  I know Psychic Awakening was almost a monthly release. 

They usually do an Open Day on New Years Day, so that's presumably when their next online Preview will be. Since there's only half a year to 3.0 (probably) I imagine they'll at least give us the titles of the next few books like they did PA - we knew Morathi was coming before we knew anything about it, so presumably they're not shy on that front.

Typically a big release is shown off on Christmas Day, but that's usually a single big reveal without specific details, which doesn't seem to fit Broken Realms - especially when we've seen a lot of the Slaanesh stuff. My guess is they'll reveal what the Not-Zombie thing/all these (probably) Death-related Rumour Engines are and the Ecclesiarchy/Inquisition stuff for 40k.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Wondering when they will announce the next Broken Realms.  I know Psychic Awakening was almost a monthly release. 

I think it's a fairly good bet to imagine it will be Broken Relams: Sigvald/Slannesh/Newborn. 

Something slanneshy. 

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Really hoping around New Years!! Hoping personally for some Destruction or Duardin!!

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They usually do an Open Day on New Years Day, so that's presumably when their next online Preview will be. Since there's only half a year to 3.0 (probably) I imagine they'll at least give us the titles of the next few books like they did PA - we knew Morathi was coming before we knew anything about it, so presumably they're not shy on that front.

Typically a big release is shown off on Christmas Day, but that's usually a single big reveal without specific details, which doesn't seem to fit Broken Realms - especially when we've seen a lot of the Slaanesh stuff. My guess is they'll reveal what the Not-Zombie thing/all these (probably) Death-related Rumour Engines are and the Ecclesiarchy/Inquisition stuff for 40k.

I would be over da bad moon to finally see all this Death revealed!! And having an online Preview at New Years as well to kick off 2021 would be a great start. Having all the named books would also keep hype levels high, I doubt we will have as many as PA and if they try to retain a June/July release date they may end up coming out bi monthly. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

This would be amazing and would lead to some really cool kit bashed models. Zombie Handgunners, Zombie Demigryph Knights, etc.

9 minutes ago, Souleater said:

I would love a Vamps vs Orruk Warclans box for AoS 3.0, but that's high-level wishlisting on my part.

I don't feel that my beloved SCE need anymore models at this point. We have a huge, modern range.

Better to spend the love and productivity on other armies.

And that is how we as a community will hopefully avoid Space Marine bloat.

Although, I personally suspect at least one more SCE box just to round out the starter sets with SCE vs each grand alliance. Yet I am personally hoping that they do something SCE adjacent like Cities or a Devoted of Sigmar army! That way they can still toss in a unit of Golden boys and also avoid over stuffing our little fantasy world with angelic Paladins !

Although based on recent releases I expect to see Stormcast Aelves vs Slaaneshi Ironjawz!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

I’m hoping that all this inquisitorial stuff is actually related to both 40k and AoS. There are still a few unsolved Stormcast rumour engines from a while back (the staff and the arrows), plus with all the witch hunter looking weapons we have been seeing, perhaps they are getting ready to introduce us to the Order of Azyr. 

After Space Marines, the Inquisition is arguably the most iconic aspect of the 40k universe, and it makes sense for them to translate that to AoS. Chaos exists in both universes, Stormcast are essentially fantasy Space Marines, and so mirroring the Imperium even more would allow them to really put their trademark on both games, miniature and lorewise. Heck it might even be the catalyst that leads to Cities being revamped into something akin to the AoS version of the Imperial Guard. 

This was mentioned the other day, but I agree that it could be the next Warhammer Quest, featuring the Order of Azyr as a party of Witch Hunters sent out to investigate a Vampiric Castle of some kind. That then leads to the Soulblight battletome similarly to how Silver Tower preceded Disciples of Tzeentch and Blackstone Fortress preceded the Chaos Space Marine codex.  Just a thought 🤔

• Like 1