The Rumour Thread

I forgot the Lelith model teased recently.

I think the 40k models teased in a recent Preview video (Orc, Lilith, Sisters of Battle and Nurlge IIRC) will just be single Models coming along their new 9th Ed.  40k Codex. That was the case for the Nurgle model (new Lord of Virulence). So this week-end GW will surely announce more Codexes, the Xenos one could be Dark Eldar (and the cover could be the one teased yesterday on Facebook). 

But I am still confident we will see a Decadence (Slaanesh)-themed, AOS-related Chaos release. 

21 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Yeah, but not all priests of Sigmar need to be be soul powered war machines. Some could still be alive.

Ah yeah hence you have a separate army. But thematically I would see them taking advantage of merging with SCE or COS. Of course all depends from rules, but in the fiction a group of humans protected by Sigmar is nowhere on the same power strength as a stormhost...

48 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

4c2b7ee4-60fb-41e3-bb88-798fb178bb40.jpg.d9e5cd65f80a245cf5a94ac98ac63810.jpg

The silhouette seems a Chaos Warrior to me.

EDIT: the model bears one weapon in each hand... hmmm... could it be an Underworlds warband?

The scales look faintly Cold One like similar to Knights or Corsair cloaks. Could just be generic monster scales.

The downwards arrow on the dagger also looks faintly reminiscent of Dark aelf weaponry.

Pretty sure this is a mutated chaos warrior but that’s just enough straw clutching for malerion hype.

Edited by PrimeElectrid

11 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

That would be super cool, but pretty much goes against modern GW. There are hardly ever optional parts on the new kits.

That is true except really nice options in Rockgut Troggoths kit. This might end as just Underworld warband :D

I am wondering how many of the rumour engines that we have read as Zombies are actually Death Guard and how many things we have read as Vampires are Slaanesh. Death is still getting something on the horizon but it is odd how much these rumour engine images are a reflection of our desires. Like this new pokey stick made me think of something death or destruction related but is it also possibly a cruel Slaanesh weapon designed to look crudely cruel or a weird low tech weapon used by a Death Guard hero (I do not suspect either for this particular enigine, just using it is an example)...

I have noticed that the full hand guards on many of the recent swords are shared by the one on the Slaangor in the upcoming Underworld box. Although, it is less ornate than the one that people speculate could be Sigvald. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

She was quoted as having up to 3 months wait, remember this as I was wondering if it would arrive in time for Christmas or not (leaning on the not side of things).

Yep and 3 months for a single casting run is a long time. It might mean they are waiting for her boxes to arrive from China shipments. Which would make sense if she was originally a store birthday model and thus her stock would have sold steadily over the year and GW would have had one or more shipments of boxes for her. Instead of one massive online sale in one big go which likely cleaned them out of box stock. 

Still itching to get her; granted she'll be rather lonely as the 1 genestealer cultist in my army. 

The Decadence & Decay Rumor Engine is probably a Chaos Warriors from the Slaves To Darkness Warhammer Underworld warband.

Remember the Daemon-face Shield ? Quite sure it will be from the same set.

StD do not have a WHU team yet. And I don't see as big a release for StD as a Multiparts Chaos Warriors kit happening now.

19 minutes ago, madmac said:

Don't forget the nailbat or the Vulture, either. Lots of crudely hammered weapons coming together.

Yeah I think these are almost certainly the same faction, maybe even the same set.  I had been leaning towards new ogre stuff but the gear looks a bit finnicky, maybe something more goblin-focused.

Or Necromunda, House Cawdor's models have a lot of bent nails sticking out.

11 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The Decadence & Decay Rumor Engine is probably a Chaos Warriors from the Slaves To Darkness Warhammer Underworld warband.

Remember the Daemon-face Shield ? Quite sure it will be from the same set.

StD do not have a WHU team yet. And I don't see as big a release for StD as a Multiparts Chaos Warriors kit happening now.

They do have the Godsworn Hunt but I could see room for a more Chaos Warrior/Varanguard-style warband, something closer to Archaon.

Edited by sandlemad