The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

What do people think the Xmas boxes will be? Might ask for one of my partner depending on the army. 

Baseless speculation 

Salamanders

Stormtroopers

Harlequins

Thousand Sons

AOS

Stormcast Hammerhal

Freecity Mishmash Wizard one?

Big Waggh

LoN with Mortarch Gravegard and bloodknights

Maggotkin all demons 

Just now, Juicy said:

atleast my Louen got a fitting ending there. Sadly Jerod never came back from the haven

If getting impaled on a tree by a D-list Nurgle special character (who even managed to come back to life in the new setting, making your efforts kinda moot in the long run), while defending the capital city of your gunpowder adulating, moustache waxing ancestral enemies on the whim of a goddess your people worshipped for thousands of years, only for her to be revealed a couple of books later as a big sham who didn't even like you very much, after getting booted off the throne when actual not!King Arthur decided to rock up after you and your illegitimate kid set the country on fire is a fitting ending, you must have really, really hated the poor guy. 😜

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

If getting impaled on a tree by a D-list Nurgle special character (who even managed to come back to life in the new setting, making your efforts kinda moot in the long run), while defending the capital city of your gunpowder adulating, moustache waxing ancestral enemies on the whim of a goddess your people worshipped for thousands of years, only for her to be revealed a couple of books later as a big sham who didn't even like you very much, after getting booted off the throne when actual not!King Arthur decided to rock up after you and your illegitimate kid set the country on fire is a fitting ending, you must have really, really hated the poor guy. 😜

haha, to be honest i liked it. He got big screentime in the first 2 books and it cleared the long time rumours of the elven scum goddess who used my poor bretonnia's to screen them as a living screen for the woodies. But i loved the actuel story around him and the desperation of the bretonnia's. I wasnt that big into gilles but for louen it felt good to get this screentime and a heroic ending;)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's a pain we can't tell which are battalions and which might be new/updated models for DoK. 

Zainthar Kai
Vyperic Guard
Scathcoven
Shrine Brood
Morathi-Khaine
The Shadow Queen

The last two likely relate just to Morathi. I'm surprised we don't see the Shadow models form the Warcry set in there, nor do we see the Underworld team nor the new leader from Shadow and Pain. That said any one of those could be an update to regular models or something new and shiny that we've not seen and GW are teasing us with. Or they could just be battalions (which are neat, but not as exciting by far). 

Zainthar Kai is the new temple

Vyperic Guard, Scathcoven and Shrine Brood are most likely new battalions

Morathi-Khaine and The Shadow Queen are updated warscrolls for morathi. 

I don't expect to see the warcry or underworlds warscrolls in here. 

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

wonder what Idolators is, sound like a deepkin stormcast.

most likely a mixed battalion between the two though off slim chance it could be a new unit from existing models

Idolators are StD.

Just now, Beliman said:

Stormtower Garrison (?) That sounds like a terrain piece.

That's definitely a battallion. Not the building but its crew.

Edited by michu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been dreading that the Darkling Covens model range would eventually be gobbled up by whatever Ulgu-aelves the future holds, but looking at the WarCom article it seems that the DC will stay squarely in the CoS camp (which also gives me some elation in the continuing existence of CoS, I really like that for once we have a faction where aelf, duardin and humans can all co-mingle...even if I still dream of mixed species units).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

wonder what Idolators is, sound like a deepkin stormcast.

most likely a mixed battalion between the two though off slim chance it could be a new unit from existing models

Idolators sounds to me like some sort of battalion based around the Eidolon and other units, like Namarti or Akhelians that consciously or subconsciously venerate it despite it not actually being an avatar or divinity. Like a low grade version of the old Court of the Young King for 40k eldar.

EDIT: Or StD perhaps, depending on how badly the table of contents is goofed up on WHC.

EDIT: yeah: "the Idolators of Lord Rokar Gresh."

Edited by sandlemad

3 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Very nice pricing on these kits. Most of the boxes are equivalent discounts to SC boxes and Shadow and Pain is looking to be approximately  55-60% of retail even after you discount the contained kits for their start collecting box values. At full MSRP its like 50% off.

Where are you seeing the prices on these bad boys?

Hopefully they produce enough of those little battalion boxes to last for a little while, not sure I can justify buying both Shadow and Pain and one or two of those in the same month, especially as we have another lock down imminent.

As they are titled as Broken Realms boxes I am going to go out on a limb and suggest they arent replacements for Xmas Battleforces AND that this kind of box will be a regular accompaniment to the Broken Realms books.

10 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

hence being able to run both models on the tabletop at the same time ?

I'd fancy her to become a true god and show us what that means: Split off a small portion of your conscience to fight as a monstrous being while you yourself can fight as well.

Also: If the iron heart of khaine makes her immune to more than 3 dmg a turn, then how powerful is the full transformation? Will her Spear be infused with the widowmaker?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Very interesting !!!

"Fall of Anvilgard" ???

"Shadow Rising" ??? BE LAKOR TEASING ? :P

BTW I love how the main AOS narrative seem to takes inspirations from both the Soulbound RPG and Warcry : Catacombs !

I am betting on Be'Lakor. I know some people think it's a sail, but this looks like Be'lakor's wing to me. Skulls on chains are pierced all over his wings, and that looks like a daemon wing to me.

• Like 3

I really hope it’s not Be’lakor for the sole reason that I have invested a fair bit of money and effort into making a Be’lakor kitbash. Otherwise I’d really love to see Be’lakor return with more freedom than he used to have. If he does return his plastic rendition needs to be  something pretty special to hold up to his metal/resin model. 

Jakob Bugmanson is such a cool model and concept, I’m one of the few that really doesn’t like Kharadron range (that damned metal hat makes my skin crawl) but this is gritty and Dwarfish. Such a difference to see a gnarled scared dwarf face, even if the beard is trimmed. 

Edited by Kronos

2 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I really hope it’s not Be’lakor for the sole reason that I have invested a fair bit of money and effort into making a Be’lakor kitbash. Otherwise I’d really love to see Be’lakor return with more freedom than he used to have. If he does return his plastic rendition needs to be  something pretty special to hold up to his metal/resin model. 

Jakob Bugmanson is such a cool model and concept, I’m one of the few that really doesn’t like Kharadron range (that damned metal hat makes my skin crawl) but this is gritty and Dwarfish. Such a difference to see a gnarled scared dwarf face, even if the beard is trimmed. 

There’s a truth.

after the mess that is leaping kitty thirster and (yes i really genuinely do think its rubbish) Archaon, I’m very fearful of any re-imagining of the dark master.

just please give him to the sculptor who fid the keeper or the fw thirster... in fact anyone other that arky and kitty sculptors.

• Like 1

I don't see it being belakor just from the rules standpoint - slaves to darkness are in this book. I doubt they would get featured in another. Belakor also just got his subfaction in the last standalone book. 

I would expect all this to be a prelude to something else shadowy like shadow elves

Edited by Svalack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I have been dreading that the Darkling Covens model range would eventually be gobbled up by whatever Ulgu-aelves the future holds, but looking at the WarCom article it seems that the DC will stay squarely in the CoS camp (which also gives me some elation in the continuing existence of CoS, I really like that for once we have a faction where aelf, duardin and humans can all co-mingle...even if I still dream of mixed species units).

I would enjoy such things with care. There are different teams working on AoS which don´t communicate much. It could be that one day we receive a new bundled kit and the week after the models are taken out of range. CoS and Mercenaries were an worst case example: GW Provided a brand new battalion for Cannons and Ironwelds only for the models to be removed from the game a quite short time afterwards.

1 hour ago, pixieproxy said:

Morathi-Khaine implies that Morathi achieves her goal right? She becomes Khaine while also staying herself?

There was a post yesterday somewhere that confirmed it with a quote from the broken realms website. I don´t know if it was an early change or a mined entry.