The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Some things to notice:

- 6 different factions in the top 10

- at least 10 differents factions in top 20

- most of lists are really different 

- it is really refresshing to see that no list is unbeatable. 

- Big guys are really playable and sometimes winners but not OP: nagash, archaon,...Many of less bigger (around 400pts) heros/monsters are enjoyable and effective (LoC, GKoTG, KoS, Stonehorns etc...). It is such a relief to see so many big guys on tables...

Certainly great to see the different lists compared to what we are used to seeing.

Do you know if the tournament had any specific restrictions since the top 10 were so diverse?

A couple of interesting points about the Warcry stuff

Sylvaneth: why no Spite Revenants? They’re made from the same kit as Tree Revenants

Sacroscant Stormcast: no Dracolines. Honestly I would be a little concerned about balance if Dracolines were in it (I disapprove of Deepkin eels already) but the fact that the mount Runemark is a Dracoline makes it curious that you can’t actually take dracolines.

Seraphon: exactly what I expected, all the plastic kits that’s aren’t the big monsters. I do think this supports the likelihood that they aren’t getting any new models

9 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

3B85CAF9-22DA-4A3D-ADDC-B0AA3F08E07D.jpeg.91b693127ebcedb1cb015411432e50b0.jpeg

results from hammerandbolter2020 last weekend

Lists are here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14dWASWOy9HsetcZ4xgMbwzTgygqpSEmI/view

Some things to notice:

- Big guys are really playable and sometimes winners but not OP: nagash, archaon,...Many of less bigger (around 400pts) heros/monsters are enjoyable and effective (LoC, GKoTG, KoS, Stonehorns etc...). It is such a relief to see so many big guys on tables...

I am sure that in the near future, we will see some other builds especially with recent books releases.

Unfortunately, some miniatures are (close to) "must have" and some others are pure trash. For example, in tzeentch and also StD armies, Gaunt summoner is super good due to his free horror spam and being a wizzard 2 spells. 

All in all, except for several armies not in the top 40, the game is in a very good shape, well balanced, miles ahead of its sci-fi brother. It is time for GW to do the same to 40k 

Looks like this was the old Tzeentch battletome

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I’m still confused why BoC don’t have raiders or ungors in their warband.

sad to see no Krox in the Seraphon, but understandable due to old models

BoC do have both varieties of ungors, they just aren't on the large card for some reason, maybe simply because they couldn't fit them?

In fact there are 5 varieties of ungors in the warband: raider leader, raider, normal ungor leader, ungor with spear, and ungor with hand weapon.

Edited by Shearl
  • Like 1

So apparently the Fyreslayers Warcry cards are in this months White Dwarf

WARCRY
Born of Flame

New rules and fighter cards for using Fyreslayers in your games of Warcry. Be warned, they like hitting stuff hard and setting things on fire! Includes rules for 10 different loadouts over three fighter types.

• Like 1

Looking at Beastgrave I could see that but on the otherhand Fyreslayers did get a lot of love with a tome, spells, kharadron allies and as a mercenary force.

More likely it's the continued tradition of Fyreslayers having more White Dwarf exclusive material like with last year's Bael-Grimnir and several battalions.

FRTzbBu_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

ibIaGqM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

On which i'll be more than happy with if the White Dwarf gives unique scenarios like it does with Underworlds to go with the inferno warriors. :)

• LOVE IT! 1

Who knows - perhaps whoever does Warcry cards wasn't told that there were new Fyreslayer models coming so the cards were cancelled and put back to come out later after a wave of models lands? We have had some creative looking hammers in the rumour images as of late. 

Sometimes GW works in mysterious and confusing ways. 

On 2/12/2020 at 3:02 PM, GeneralZero said:

3B85CAF9-22DA-4A3D-ADDC-B0AA3F08E07D.jpeg.91b693127ebcedb1cb015411432e50b0.jpeg

results from hammerandbolter2020 last weekend

Lists are here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14dWASWOy9HsetcZ4xgMbwzTgygqpSEmI/view

Some things to notice:

I am sure that in the near future, we will see some other builds especially with recent books releases.

Unfortunately, some miniatures are (close to) "must have" and some others are pure trash. For example, in tzeentch and also StD armies, Gaunt summoner is super good due to his free horror spam and being a wizzard 2 spells. 

All in all, except for several armies not in the top 40, the game is in a very good shape, well balanced, miles ahead of its sci-fi brother. It is time for GW to do the same to 40k 

Is this the GW game designer Ben Johnson?

1 minute ago, DynamicCalories said:

It is.

He's known for taking lists to events where he finds One Big Model he likes and then fits as many in as he can. Did it with Steam Tanks for Cities of Sigmar for example.

I am still waiting for someone to dump 11 Kharybdysses on the table.