The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I think there are a few hints that malerion is creating some kind if monsters. I remember his creations being calles ‘majestic but terrible’ or something along thise lines. Also I think I recall a snippet about a monster escaping a fortress in the realm of shadow. Malerion is also depicted as a half-elf half-dragon creature. 

But I wouldn’t expect Malerion elves to drop anytime soon. Except if the light and shadow elves end up being the same army. But probably not.

Ah thank you. I have a Skaven and Maggotkin army, so it seems Malerion's Aelves are gonna steer to close to villainous for my collection. I think the Light Aelves are gonna be best for me. Can't wait to see more.

GW has never confirmed Exodites - the only thing that keeps it ticking over is that they keep mentioning them in general lore chatter about Eldar. Its an idea that they've had for a long long while but its never been something that they've picked up in decades. It might be that they keep it ticking over for a "one day" project, but that there's no current move toward it. Heck the current Craftworld Eldar need some big updates to their range as most of their core aspect warriors and leaders are all resin (Howling banshees only recently got an update and even they are still trapped within a duel set). 

Exodites are in my "freaking heck drop everything and buy" category too. 

1 hour ago, Blightzkrieg said:

This is an old discussion, but honestly this doesn't resemble current Seraphon designs. Unless it's a brand new dino (which they don't really need but could be awesome) or the saurus are going to look completely different (which I wouldn't really be a fan of).

I think it might be a dragon tail for Pointy elves. 

55 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

That practically been confirmed as exodite eldar raptor. They are fighting tau in the upcoming 40k awakening. Definitely not seraphon. 

No, the tau are fighting genestealer cultists. It was in WHC article posted literally yesterday. If the exodites come back (and a lot of the rumour engine hints that could be interpreted as exodites also fit the scraps we've seen of pointy elves) it's not through the tau-based psychic awakening book.

Not sure why you're speaking so confidently here.

3 hours ago, Dawnmane said:

Oh goodness me, could it be what THIS was intended for? (Saw it on Twitter, had totally forgotten about it, even though I painted one back in the day)

1CD973A9-6B34-4FB4-B688-FCAB3FC4024F.jpeg

I mean I always assumed the Mistweaver and Tenebrael Shard were proto Aelf/Dark Aelf. There has been an aesthetic consistency with AOS from day one, one of the pleasures of it has been to see teasers come to fruition and full realisation, so I'd be very surprised if the Hysh Aelves weren't close to this, which is already clearly an evolution of existing high elf design with the Lilethean moons. My guess is a merge of Old style pinty high elf with the more GW IP friendly and desugh monopolisable Eldar. Which is basically what the mistweaver is.

Heck there are so many bits of elves all over the DNA of AOS, not just in overt aelf factions like Sylvaneth, Idoneth and Khainites but also heavily referenced in Slaanesh as well as basically reduced versions of all the original elf armies from Warhammer in Cities of Sigmar. Their influence is everywhere at this point. 

Edited by Nos

My local store owner has said the aether war box is the slowest selling box he has seen from games workshop for age of sigmar. Including blightwar and wrath and rapture. Seems tzeentch and KO just aren't a popular pairing. Also I hope people are wising up to the disgracefulness of hiding exclusive models inside hundred pound box sets. Blood of phoenix and aether war have both fallen flat now so hopefully we see a change away from this disgraceful practise and they start releasing models vital to peoples armies. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

My local store owner has said the aether war box is the slowest selling box he has seen from games workshop for age of sigmar. Including blightwar and wrath and rapture. Seems tzeentch and KO just aren't a popular pairing. Also I hope people are wising up to the disgracefulness of hiding exclusive models inside hundred pound box sets. Blood of phoenix and aether war have both fallen flat now so hopefully we see a change away from this disgraceful practise and they start releasing models vital to peoples armies. 

This box not as good as SC for KO. I'm for example already ordered 2 SC and frigate and have plans to convert 2 new heroes from 2 Endrinmasters and 2 Skyriggers. 

Edited by cofaxest

Wether wars is by far my fave box set they've released so far. Love the idea of everything flying, may even make some terrain for it.

These box sets are a great idea, discounted models that can be the start of a new army, reinforcements or just a painting project.

It would be nice to have the exclusive models available separately in a good timeframe  and hopefully we'll start to see last year's one soon.

Bring on the next one!

27 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

You should pursue a career in politics

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Wether wars is by far my fave box set they've released so far. Love the idea of everything flying, may even make some terrain for it.

These box sets are a great idea, discounted models that can be the start of a new army, reinforcements or just a painting project.

It would be nice to have the exclusive models available separately in a good timeframe  and hopefully we'll start to see last year's one soon.

Bring on the next one!

In Aether wars, they collected the models I found most overpriced of the two factions. There really isn't that much plastic in the box.

43 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Bring on the next one!

I think the exclusive models are kept at arms length in respect to their individual release precisley to encourage people to buy the box.

I think if the unique models in Aether war were better they would have sold more copies. Not seen anything like the excitement generated by them that accompanied the Ogor Tyrant or Arch Rev or Enrapturess for example.

27 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

In Aether wars, they collected the models I found most overpriced of the two factions. There really isn't that much plastic in the box.

Assuming the hero's will be £20 the contents are £190. You can get the box for £88 from places like element games. I'm happy with that discount

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

My local store owner has said the aether war box is the slowest selling box he has seen from games workshop for age of sigmar

It's the first one I'm not getting. I've ordered some in multiples before. This one? Zero. Part of that is my long term focus on Bonereapers, but still, I have a KO army and even that isn't enough to get me to buy it. I'm getting the new books and accessories for both armies, not the combo box.

My issue with the Seraphon lore is mainly in regards to the transition from Fantasy to Age Of Sigmar. They escaped the End Times in their temples which turned out to actually be spaceships left behind from the Old Ones. However somewhere between leaving the World-That-Was and arriving in the Mortal Realms, all but the Slann no longer exist. Instead the Slann imagine the Seraphon into being.

there has been some lore since then that suggests the Seraphon still live but are on the spaceships and the Slann magic them into battle, and other stories of them becoming physical beings when in battle for so long and going feral 

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Assuming the hero's will be £20 the contents are £190. You can get the box for £88 from places like element games. I'm happy with that discount

No one pays full price for the kharadron overlords skywardens and gunhaulers, you get a start collecting. This box set is 2 start collecting boxes worth of content and I'm fine with it, I brought the new battlebox but it's not 190 quids worth of stuff.

12 minutes ago, Soolong said:

No one pays full price for the kharadron overlords skywardens and gunhaulers, you get a start collecting. This box set is 2 start collecting boxes worth of content and I'm fine with it, I brought the new battlebox but it's not 190 quids worth of stuff.

Fair point, I forgot about the start collecting set. There is still a discount however.

I assumed it wasn't selling out because the warscrolls still aren't available. Unless you're in for watching a half dozen reviews and piecing together the little bits from each, it's still difficult to tell what the actual warscrolls for the individual models are. Subtle changes to wording or keywords can make or break a model and it can be easy to miss those without seeing the official scroll. Seems like a bad call to buy something when you don't know what you're getting. 

3 hours ago, Icegoat said:

It's also more expensive than the boxes that came before, besides feast of bones. You can still find Feast of Bones boxes.

So, its' a combination of two armies that already have a great start collecting and the more expensive price point. Compared to say Looncurse which was packed with value. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

It's also more expensive than the boxes that came before, besides feast of bones. You can still find Feast of Bones boxes.

So, its' a combination of two armies that already have a great start collecting and the more expensive price point. Compared to say Looncurse which was packed with value. 

And coming at the time of the year when folks are at their brokest, after the holiday season.