The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

05DAF31B-2108-4615-942B-190C29B6840B.png.efe8ab18e8d2b65b9c473083b30e751e.png
what if the hysh giants isn’t actually gargants but hyshian  cogforts/mechanical giants?  

probably 40k tho. A man can dream ;) 

Its interesting that with AoS getting some really steampunk designs, and 40K straying into the same territory with things like Mechanicus, we're almost at a point where their is a kind of Aesthetic continuum between the two games, rather than a sharp Sci Fi vs fantasy divide. It makes these sorts of rumours harder to guess than they might otherwise be, but at least its handy for converters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Its interesting that with AoS getting some really steampunk designs, and 40K straying into the same territory with things like Mechanicus, we're almost at a point where their is a kind of Aesthetic continuum between the two games, rather than a sharp Sci Fi vs fantasy divide. It makes these sorts of rumours harder to guess than they might otherwise be, but at least its handy for converters.

Still severely disappointed the gliding flyer is mechanicus... it would be a perfect AOS fit, and I don't see how the AdMech would sanction it for combat

To me it looks like some sort of engine.

There is a V-shape that could be cylinders, and at the bottom there is something that looks like a hand crank with a gear connected to a toothed belt, which is connected to the bigger gear. The middle of the big gear is where the crankshaft should be.

I guess it is 40k, although there is a small chance that it might be some cogfort part or something similar.

Edited by Aginor

16 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Still severely disappointed the gliding flyer is mechanicus... it would be a perfect AOS fit, and I don't see how the AdMech would sanction it for combat

I think I saw someone say they were going to convert it and run it as a Greywater Fastness ‘Freeguild General on Griffon’.

I hope I saw someone say that anyway as it would be ****** amazing and I certainly don’t have the skill to do it justice myself, as much as I’d love to.

• Like 3

Not to get booger in 40k talk, but I would rather they had used an imperial hellblade style concept for a mechanicus flyer, like. Hellblade but pre chOs and with some softer edges. The mechanicus flyer is embarrassing from what's supposed to be the pinnacle of human technological progress. Would love to see a freeguild engineer or khradron flying that sucker. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kronos said:

Not to get booger in 40k talk, but I would rather they had used an imperial hellblade style concept for a mechanicus flyer, like. Hellblade but pre chOs and with some softer edges. The mechanicus flyer is embarrassing from what's supposed to be the pinnacle of human technological progress. Would love to see a freeguild engineer or khradron flying that sucker. 

The Adeptus Mechanicus are anything but the "pinnacle of human technological progress". Everything they built has been badly reverse engineered from outdated designs, and human technological progress has been largely going backwards since the Dark Age of Technology. The Mechanicus are a bunch of deranged Cargo Cultists, who don't  understand the machines they build, so burn incense to keep them happy. "So much has been forgotten, never to be relearned and all that".

To try to keep this vaguely on topic, it actually means that the Mortal Realms could potentially actually overtake the Imperium in terms of technological advancement. Both the Kharadron and the Ironweld are actively developing ever advancing tech, and understand the scientific and magitechnological principles on which it is based very well. If we do see cogforts, mechanical golems, and larger and more impressive Skyships then they could very easily catch up with the Imperium's more outdated devices.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

Reminder - today is the 12th! That means Warhammer Total War 2 has just had a big update and DLC release. There's the free "Jone of Ark" character for Bretonnia and a paid DLC that adds a host of new Skaven and Dark Elf heroes and content (including a warpglobe thrower!). Plus they've updated the game with MUCH faster turn times! 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Really? I missed that, is it just for Mortal Empires or the Vortex too? Its my biggest complaint about the game by far.

Whole game basically so both Vortex and Mortal Empires though you'll see it most in Mortal Empires. 

It's no surprise to me that they've spent a lot of time on the turn time aspect, esp as Warhammer 3 is likely to increase the impact with even more factions. 

• Like 2