The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe part of the Brute Warband? Brutes are the Mollog of this warband and grots are the Squigs?

I'd say it would be a good guess that the Brute/Savage Orc is one of the 3 man Warbands of this season, similar to how Steelheart's Champions were.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kelsicle said:

RumourEngine-Sep17-Image2kjvhhrj.jpg

So what do we think of this? Hints towards magic so possibly something to do with the psychic awakening but I’m hoping this is Aelves

Possibly personal bias, but this does share some design features with DoK elements, notably the diamond-shaped gemstone which is common to a lot of DoK weaponry (see Witch Aelf daggers and Blood Sister spears for examples), the socket where the shaft attaches to the main body here also has a similar shape to the Blood Sister spears, and the Bloodwrack Medusa model carries a spear featuring two coiled serpents, which could be what we're seeing here.  The chain of beads is the only thing which doesn't really show up on any DoK models  so far.

But seen as it's almost certain that there is going to be a DoK warband for season 3 of Underworlds my called shot is that this is a new Bloodwrack Medusa hero to lead that warband, which would conveniently also fill a hole in the DoK range by letting people pick up a non-unique plastic hero model without forking out for the Cauldron of Blood kit.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

But seen as it's almost certain that there is going to be a DoK warband for season 3 of Underworlds my called shot is that this is a new Bloodwrack Medusa hero to lead that warband, which would conveniently also fill a hole in the DoK range by letting people pick up a non-unique plastic hero model without forking out for the Cauldron of Blood kit.

That would actually be cool and be really useful 

If that's true then it looks like one of Beastgrave design principles was to create replacements for main AoS options that are either in finecast, out of production or available only as a part of expensive sets:

Icebrow Hunter + Frost Sabres,

Brayherd Shaman + Beastlord,

Gitmob Wolf Riders,

Bloodwrack Medusa (not confirmed).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, michu said:

If that's true then it looks like one of Beastgrave design principles was to create replacements for main AoS options that are either in finecast, out of production or available only as a part of expensive sets:

Gitmob Wolf Riders,

Technically they said the "Beastlord" is just a bestigor in the last preview.  Plus, he looks more like the leader of a bestigor unit than a beastlord.  Agreed on the others though.  I'm actually okay with this idea since these Underworlds kits are usually the same price or cheaper than the corresponding hero kit.

8 minutes ago, michu said:

Gitmob Wolf Riders,

The riders from underworlds are useful at least. 3 for ~18 euro with discounts isnt too bad I suppose? The weapons are converted easily.

Edited by Kugane

13 minutes ago, michu said:

Gitmob Wolf Riders,

Maybe but the 'Beastlord' seems to be a simple Bestigor champion and there already is a plastic bray-shaman. He even got packaged in with the SC Beastmen box. The Bloodwrack Medusa, if that's what we're guessing from the rumour engine, does already have a plastic model too.

I'd also question the inclusion of the wolf riders there. A plastic kit of 3 dudes is not a substitute for a core unit of 10-20, particularly a unit which isn't in a battletome and is currently confined to Legends.

The Hunter works because with the sabretusks he's replacing two resin products in one kit. The new Nurgle witch/sorceror we've seen on the cards could be another as well.

Edited by sandlemad

Its a little hard to see what's going on in that beastgrave card, but it definitely looks like a female fighter in the traditional attire of the Daughters of Khaine. It would be very cool to get some new models for them.

The Kharadron warband could be an interesting example of what can be done. I've just been painting it up, and its kind of cool that it basically has a representative of every troop type in the army. Two little guys, two heavy guys, and a hero effectively.

I could see a similar Daughters warband with Two Witches, or a Witch and a sister, a Snake girl, a Khinerai, and then either a Hag Queen or a Medusa to lead them. It would cover almost all the bases, and still fit into the model could in a similar way to the Kharadron band. Equally they could go more along the Sylvaneth line, with one very unique variant hero, and a handful of supporters who are new takes on one of the existing units.

I've not painted enough of the other warbands to know which sort are more common, but I feel like the former would be a better choice, unless the power level of Khinerai and Melusai is too high for them to both be in there.

• Like 1

It's likely a mix up on lore due to the souls. 

All the Aelf gods get a portion of the souls from Slaanesh, but all of those souls are corrupted in some fashion. Morathi creates Melusai and Khinerai who share half of her corruptions each. 

Teclis and co created Idoneth who are born with withered souls whilst the Angelic Aelves we've not heard much of, but they are second generation creation (Idoneth were first as are Morathi' and Malarions). 

Malarion's are described as being more bestial and more akin to Chaos beasts then elves. They are also described as being somewhat draconic in appearance too.

So it might well be that whoever wrote the short clip mixed up the description of the character and the creatures they create. Thus ending up with him being a Dark God (he's not all that nice and he DOES rule the realm of shadow, which is pretty dark and dingy at the best of times) and a "Chaos" one. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Someone summoned me from my exile. 

Idoneth endless spells?! 

Hush back into exile you soul-less withered fishaelf! Back Back I say!

You don't get your darn spells until the Daughters of Khaine get theirs! Especially as you already have your terrain!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1