The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

Although entirely possible, it is amusing because this is what people have said for months at every event/ every other weekend. 

NOPE JUST MOAR 40K AND WARCRY BOIS

TBF this time around it a specific AoS  weekender event instead of a general Warhammer event so it shouldn't have any 40K reveals and be more focus on Sigmar releases. 

and they did say that at least 4 more  battletomes  where going to be releases for the year so they should probably start revealing them now if anything

Honestly I think AoS just had a double hit of not just Sylvanath being delayed, but also 40K getting some big releases for Chaos and Apoc nestled up together so it felt more 40K heavy. I figure at this new event we should see:

1) Full reveal of Warcry and possibly some hints for the future. 

2) Reveal of the Shadspire 3rd round warbands (GW already confirmed this)

3) Likely, but no guarantee, to see at least one or more new battletomes. 

4) Possibly another duel box set. This might well be linked to point 3 and if we get a box with armies which dn't have a battletome we can assume a battletome for them coming "soon" near the duel box.

Any predictions for upcoming releases in Shadespire? Usually these are chosen in relation to upcoming factions or relevant and popular ones that are not yet covered. My thoughts would be:

- Sacrosanct Stormcast

- Nurgle (One chaos god per round so far)

- New Aelfs (as per the teased lion)

- Seraphon (as they are probably coming early 2020)

3 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

Any predictions for upcoming releases in Shadespire? Usually these are chosen in relation to upcoming factions or relevant and popular ones that are not yet covered. My thoughts would be:

- Sacrosanct Stormcast

We had evocators last time, so season 3 - no Stormcasts sadly. As for chaos gods Slanesh is more fitting to Shadespire setting. Previously, we had one Chaos god each time, however, there were two Chaos warbands released each season, so maybe we will get both?

My bet on the starter set is new death (Katophranes) vs beasty elves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

- Sacrosanct Stormcast

I predict the Stormcast warband for season 3 is going to be the easy to build castigators with the gryph hound. This would pretty much make all of the stormcast bases covered other than the Paladin units. 

Chaos I will lean more toward Slaanesh, but really I feel it could go either way

I'm predicting the New Aelfs are going to lean into the wanderers

I predict that whatever the new death faction is will get a warband.

Also expect FEC to get one

Ogors will get a warband.

A Chaos Warriors/Armored Chaos mortals warband.

• Like 1

In no particular order, my guesses for likely new warbands:

Chaos: Slaanesh and/or Nurgle

Destruction: Ogors and/or Bonesplittas

Death:  Unless something tied to the new army, probably FEC

Order: Wanderers, Seraphon, and one of either DoK or Deepkin

• LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

- Sacrosanct Stormcast

Since each seasons seems to have 8 warbands my predictions this time around are:

Order - no stormcast unless a new chamber is released or they add priests to the game, Seraphon, Idoneth Deepkin or one of the other aelf factions

Chaos - Nurgle as either a mixed warband of maggotkin and pestilens/daemons or a three man warband (which would be fitting), Slaanesh or possibly one of the other Skaven factions

Death - Flesh Eater Courts, Soul Blight or Katophrane (this is wishful thinking though)

Destruction - Ogors (either Gutbusters or Beast Claw Raiders somehow), Bonesplitterz or Ironjawz again but 'arder, meaner an' weirder

I think Nurgle is by far the most likely warband to come out (to go with one god per season in the order of army release) and, looking at the lion, I think we can already say at least one aelven warband is coming. I also can't see them skipping Stormcast entirely.

Apart from those three its all a wash.

Idoneth, DoK, Ogors, Bonesplitterz, Seraphon, Soulblight, FEC, Free Peoples, Slaanesh and Beasts of Chaos are all factions I'd expect to stick around that have yet to get a warband. There is also a distinct possibility of a yet unrevealed Death faction, which if real might mean it also gets a warband. So there's a lot of choice but few clear indicators.

Personally I have my fingers crossed for Beasts of Chaos or some proper undivided Chaos Warriors the most.

I'd like to see Seraphon, FEC, DoK and Free Peoples as well, if only for conversion potential and hints where GW will take most of these factions.

I wonder if there a chance that the starter set will be Order vs Destruction since it was Chaos with Shadespire and Death with Nightvault.

they could even mixed it up even more with the GA pairing but I feel like they will stick to always having an Order (or just Stormcast) faction for the starter set.

• LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

I wonder if there a chance that the starter set will be Order vs Destruction since it was Chaos with Shadespire and Death with Nightvault.

they could even mixed it up even more with the GA pairing but I feel like they will stick to always having an Order (or just Stormcast) faction for the starter set.

I've been hoping for a Seraphon vs. Beastclaw boxset to play up the behemoth angle.

Plastic Kroxigors vs. Plastic Yhetees please!

2 hours ago, novakai said:

There has been a rumor long ago about a box Wanderers X Ogors. Given all the rumor engines, maybe it will be the new Starter. Who knows?

• LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, PaniuBraniu said:

We had evocators last time, so season 3 - no Stormcasts sadly. As for chaos gods Slanesh is more fitting to Shadespire setting. Previously, we had one Chaos god each time, however, there were two Chaos warbands released each season, so maybe we will get both?

My bet on the starter set is new death (Katophranes) vs beasty elves.

I hope you are right, no Stormcast in the new base set would be so much better than yet another Sigmarine set I can't avoid.

But almost every set so far has had those things in it if it was more than one faction, so I don't think so.

Edited by zilberfrid

21 minutes ago, xking said:

Let's stop using the word "Sigmarine" 

Agreed, I hate that word. I understand why people use it but come on they aren't that similar, although I will admit there is a little bit of a similarity there but I think they've evolved past that by this point. I mean ever since the release of the vanguard chamber they've been moving away from their initial look by giving them a lot more personality model wise and lore wise too actually.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the final warband reveal for Warcry tonight/tomorrow morning (Australia time that is). We should start seeing some actual rules start coming out once everything is revealed building up to the release (finally!) I reckon. Hell even if the game doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in, I'd get some of those models just to paint (and use in AoS).

• Like 1

Hastings said this on the War of Sigmar blog apparently:

I did hear some time back there were maybe 10 warbands this season (although I think 2 are from dreadfane as they were SE & NH), the others were (IIRC) DoK, Ogrurrrs (specifically 1 hunter and 1 or 2 animals), Wanderers, FeC (or might have been free peoples I can't remember), Seraphon, Slaanesh, Nurgle and another skaven. I myself would have liked Idoneth but this is a pretty nice mix of stuff, and at least no more Khorne or excessive SE.

I’m not sure how reliable Hastings is these days, but i’d be pretty happy with that list. I could see the lion thing we saw being Wanderers, the pattern on the shoulder pad is present on some of the existing Wanderers models. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Agreed, I hate that word. I understand why people use it but come on they aren't that similar, although I will admit there is a little bit of a similarity there but I think they've evolved past that by this point. I mean ever since the release of the vanguard chamber they've been moving away from their initial look by giving them a lot more personality model wise and lore wise too actually.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the final warband reveal for Warcry tonight/tomorrow morning (Australia time that is). We should start seeing some actual rules start coming out once everything is revealed building up to the release (finally!) I reckon. Hell even if the game doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in, I'd get some of those models just to paint (and use in AoS).

Yes they went past the looks of blue smurfs towards our psychic talented grey knights.

so basically  sigmarines Can still be a thing😂.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Ok. I still would prefer it if GW designed Stormcast with thicker fantasy veneer over Space Marines, and would shove them down our throats a lot less.

I like how they look and I believe that they are perfect for their job.
But I'm with you that there are a lot of other armies that are in need to new releases/updates than another SCE chamber.