The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Aelven supremacy said:

^^^^^^

We have constant Rumour Engines that look like Aelves, Warcry and Darkoath and also now actual rumours for Tomb Kings and the Rumour thread is discussing GW’s pricing strategy...  

Given there have now been quite a few Aelven rumour engines do you reckon that release is close?  

And looking at michu’s post above... more Hyshian mystery!

Close, I'm not sure. Just give me some new models and a combined high elf book and I'll be happy

12 minutes ago, Aelven supremacy said:

Was a few weeks ago (I think?). A post on here by someone followed by a second from Tom Lyons.  

Yeah but that's all we have - the word of one person that "they are coming" in some form. Which is nice, but its just one source. We've no additional sources of such a rumour and no photos or any other documentation to back it up. Right now TK or an army that uses their models/theme/style is basically still only in the legacy of the game and in the dreams of gamers. 

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah but that's all we have - the word of one person that "they are coming" in some form. Which is nice, but its just one source. We've no additional sources of such a rumour and no photos or any other documentation to back it up. Right now TK or an army that uses their models/theme/style is basically still only in the legacy of the game and in the dreams of gamers. 

Still better to discuss on the rumour thread than prices!  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RedMax said:

And with Citadel wood definitively unavailable on GW site, I start to believe!

At the moment it looks like it's america only at the moment, because in germany (most likely UK as well) and new zealand still have Citadel woods in stock.

15 hours ago, SaJeel said:

No photo description available.

New herald, this was the site of ghal maraz, in chamon i believe.

With everyone tooled up with silver, sounds to me that Elixia had some real supernatural problems.

On another note, plastic skin wolves would be awesome... 

10 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

At the moment it looks like it's america only at the moment, because in germany (most likely UK as well) and new zealand still have Citadel woods in stock.

:(

yesterday on the FR site it was definitively unavailable. Now it is back available for order.

I wonder if it is not same as for the digital battletome... scheduled operation they forgot to cancel.

So sad...

Elixia shows up in the early Realmgate Wars novels, I believe, and there's a silver banshee who aids the Stormcast. I think the important part is 'breathtaking and lifelike silver statuary' which is (a) new and (b) fits with rumours of a construct-based new Death faction.

The next big thing is clearly coming from Chamon, one way or another. Everything revolved around Shyish in the long run-up to AoS 2.0, and something similar has been happening with the Realm of Metal all year - Carrion Empire and Looncurse are both set there, and it's constantly coming up in White Dwarf.

Happy I've spent a year and a half building a 6'x4' Chamon board!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Prices are going up in Germany too. Info is in the newsletter for retailers. If this regards the trees I don't know, so far I know that some of the 40 tanks and the Blood Bowl stuff is getting an almost 25% price increase.

Now, I don't have an intention to start talk about the prices again - everybody who's been watching with open eyes can see, that we're almost back at 8th edition with the market behaivement. Thanks to GHB armies grow in sizes (30+ regiments) and people think it's a must with certain point values. Bigger armies = more revenue and the same goes for a higher price tag on more effective units. Pretty simple pay to win principle...if that is what is important to you.

Alright, I'm getting ready for the stones people are gonna throw at me 😉

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

9 minutes ago, CJPT said:

Elixia shows up in the early Realmgate Wars novels, I believe, and there's a silver banshee who aids the Stormcast. I think the important part is 'breathtaking and lifelike silver statuary' which is (a) new and (b) fits with rumours of a construct-based new Death faction.

I actually wanted to write the same story but you were faster.  The part with "breathtaking and lifelike silver statuary" isn't even that new because the Silver Maiden (or Celemnis the Swordmaiden of the Argent Sisterhood, like she was called back then) was doused with silver in the age of Chaos turning her into a lifelike silver statue (I basicly read the story weeks ago).

But it was really nice that Elixia was mentioned again in the generals Handbook 2019

@DinoTitanedition

My comment you quoted was about the Citadel woods, not the prices. I know that the pricerising will happen in germany too.

5 minutes ago, DinoTitanedition said:

Now, I don't have an intention to start talk about the prices again - everybody who's been watching with open eyes can see, that we're almost back at 8th edition with the market behaivement. Thanks to GHB armies grow in sizes (30+ regiments) and people think it's a must with certain point values. Bigger armies = more revenue and the same goes for a higher price tag on more effective units. Pretty simple pay to win principle...if that is what is important to you.

The diffence is, that in AoS we have also playstyles for smaller games, and units with a size of 10 or 20 can do stuff too, where in WHFB you would simply lose to the passive bonus of a unit.

Edited by EMMachine
  • Thanks 1

@EMMachine I don't know if it's like that in the UK too, but in my region "Narrative Play" has nearly died out since the introduction of the GHB. Skirmish went the same fate with the release of the WD rules. If it's smaller scale it usually means, it's rather a boxed game than AoS. But I'd be happy to see pointless games with smaller sizes make a return. I actually really liked the Skirmish supplement too. It worked, with what was in there.

2 hours ago, EMMachine said:

units with a size of 10 or 20 can do stuff too, where in WHFB you would simply lose to the passive bonus of a unit

That's why I wrote "almost". Though the smaller the unit gets, the more the trend leans toward a "monstrous" unit. Something that is modelwise big and pricewise costs the same as a unit with more small minis. There is still some great boxes out there though - I believe the Rockgut Troggoths are awesome for a multitude of systems beyond AoS. I use them for Blood Bowl for example, as you can make three from the box.

1 hour ago, DinoTitanedition said:

@EMMachine I don't know if it's like that in the UK too, but in my region "Narrative Play" has nearly died out since the introduction of the GHB. Skirmish went the same fate with the release of the WD rules. If it's smaller scale it usually means, it's rather a boxed game than AoS. But I'd be happy to see pointless games with smaller sizes make a return. I actually really liked the Skirmish supplement too. It worked, with what was in there.

Agreed same here.  The GHB killed off narrative mostly because the addition of matched play drew back the players who lack social skills to set up fun balanced narrative games.  

I'm hoping the WD skirmish rules get releases as a pdf download 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, chord said:

Agreed same here.  The GHB killed off narrative mostly because the addition of matched play drew back the players who lack social skills to set up fun balanced narrative games. 

Hmmmm...comment about people lacking social skills made by a person who just insulted the vast majority of tabletop wargamers.

Irony thy name is chord.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

So, what is the general consensus about news on the AoS front this summer? (except Warcry that I don't care about)

Wasn't there supposed to be a campaign that will move the story onward? 

1 minute ago, Qrow said:

Has there been any word about the early july errata for the newer battletomes? I want to order the last few things for my army, but I don't want to risk wasting money if there are major changes.

Nothing so far, just that it comes out at some time at the beginning of this month.

although knowing Gw it could also be at the end of this month, as long as it is still in July