The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

So the new "TK" will just bow to nagash? That's sounds really weird.

they did bow to him in the end times, Settra was the only one who defied Nagash since his will was strong

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

If Sigmar sealed them away and Nagash releases them I guess makes sense... wouldn’t you ally with your enemy if your enemy would free you from your jail???

or they are bound to his will and command and don't have a choice in the matter like the majority of the death forces are,

I suspect that if they are returning that most, if not all the range will be redone from scratch. I'd have thought that some of the plastics would have been kept on sale otherwise and for the whole lot of go off sale, I'd be very surprised to see any of them return. I hope if it is a complete overhaul, that they keep the same aesthetic as before, as it pretty much is their main selling point. If it looses that Egyptian/desert style, I'm sure a lot of people will be really disappointed and the forums will be hell with complaints.

I would love to see the old plastics return, even if it only in a start collection set for a handful of returning kits. They were one of the armies I've always kicked myself for not picking up, especially since the misses is hooked on anything with an Egyptian theme and being able to knock out a painted TK army for her would certainly ease my painting Q, even if it's not shortening it!

Interested to see how the “tomb kings” shake out. I think I’d prefer if we had a completely new army that was loosely inspired by the tomb kings rather than bring back the old kits. A few of them do hold up but it feels like a cop out to back to old kits after dropping them. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Chikout said:

Interested to see how the “tomb kings” shake out. I think I’d prefer if we had a completely new army that was loosely inspired by the tomb kings rather than bring back the old kits. A few of them do hold up but it feels like a cop out to back to old kits after dropping them. 

Yeah that’s why I’m not buying it either. No way they are returning old kit. An Katothrane army with all kinds of shadespire constructs that has leaders the look a bit Egyptian... that I could believe. But no way on the return of the tomb kings. But here’s hoping for everybody who would enjoy it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Agreed. 

They should only keep the Sphinx dual kit, the Tomb Guard and the Sand Snakes dual kit. 

The rest was really too old, but properly AOSified I can really see the old concepts of big constructs shines (like the Morghasts or the Moratchs' Mounts).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Agreed. 

They should only keep the Sphinx dual kit, the Tomb Guard and the Sand Snakes dual kit. 

The rest was really too old, but properly AOSified I can really see the old concepts of big constructs shines (like the Morghasts or the Moratchs' Mounts).

I'm also hoping for those Egyptian statues as well if they do make a return. Dunno if it's going to happen but there is always an if.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

From over on Dakka - possible leak of points in the GHB - not verified could be fake. 

2iht5d0.jpg

This was posted in the Fyreslayer Facebook group and people are saying it's a wishlist from 1d4 chan not sure if that's true. Most of the changes look pretty good but the Nurgle ones are baffling. No changes to the Bilepiper and Scrivener and a points increase to GUOs (Rotigus to 400 lol) is completely insane. This would kill Maggotkin of Nurgle (the battletome). The only good thing is it would let you bring the glottkin as an ally in a Clan Pestilins army. 

We are talking about this in our duardin group too.

400 ponts for 40 arkanauts+ battleline gunhaulers (140 points each) seems awesome. Lord Ordinator going down, thunderers max dc and Ironclad at 360...😍

We still have design problems but that "leak/rumour" seems nice for all KO players.

hmm, I notice the fact that they didn't adjust the point cost of regular Dankholds and Mangler squig to coincide with the Hero version. make me think if this leak is true there are more point adjustment not shown. I am taking it with a grain of salt though since some of these look too good to be true.

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

hmm, I notice the fact that they didn't adjust the point cost of regular Dankholds and Mangler squig to coincide with the Hero version. make me think if this leak is true there are more point adjustment not shown. I am taking it with a grain of salt though since some of these look too good to be true.

I’m guessing so.

wouldnt make sense otherwise for other armies and units.

I mean what exactly is happening with the rest of the dwarfs or human etc.

I doubt they are discontinuing them.

(although I’m very much hoping that my beloved Stormvermins get a points adjustments)

anyways do we actually know when Gw will be reviewing the upcoming ghb?

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m guessing so.

wouldnt make sense otherwise for other armies and units.

I mean what exactly is happening with the rest of the dwarfs or human etc.

I doubt they are discontinuing them.

(although I’m very much hoping that my beloved Stormvermins get a points adjustments)

anyways do we actually know when Gw will be reviewing the upcoming ghb?

it supposes to come out this month, I am guessing right after the Contrast release. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

From over on Dakka - possible leak of points in the GHB - not verified could be fake. 

2iht5d0.jpg

The Idoneth changes are a good start but even with 320 pts the Leviadon is too expensive.

allopexes are still useless? Well done 👏🏼

DoK: well...only increases 👎🏻 Hammer nerf.

SCE: good changes.

Edited by JackStreicher

Fairly certain these are player suggested points. Many of them don't make sense, and I seriously doubt Fyreslayers would get any changes at all considering how recently they were released---their print production schedule would have to be insane.

• Like 2