What woudl it take to make a Slaves to Darkness Battletome successful

Like the headline.

What do you guys and gals think would make the STD over the top fun but not overpowered.

I think GW still struggles with the release because they are way too close to be overpowered since the Marks would interact with all fo the other chaos battle tomes.

Beside that i think they need a huge point reduction and actual magic and abilities.

27 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Hm, I have the feeling the Hellcannon would make more sense in a Infernal Duardin army (still it could be a possible Ally).

As much as I would love a 'mainline' Chaos Dwarf army (you just can't rely on FW-only for long-term support), the Hellcannon was just such an iconic part of the Warriors of Chaos line that denying their AoS equivalent would feel... wrong. Hell, there's a Chaos Duradin in the one Warcry group based off those who create a lot of the Everchosen's equipment, so it would be tying in with the lore still.

They essentially need

* repoints across the board.  They are way too expensive for what little they do.

* rewrites of their warscrolls.  The entire faction has very little offensive power.  Their knights are incredibly garbage.  That takes more than points to change.

* effective allegiance abilities on par with everyone else.

Essentially the entire ruleset and points for slaves to darkness needs burned in a dumpster and redone from scratch.

• Like 2

Ok *cracks knuckles* let's do this...

Firstly whilst not an army I have collected I have to say the combined forces of Archaon should be the setting's big bad and get the treatment they deserve, more than any idividual Chaos god, more than even my beloved Death or Grotz. So we're talking big release, decent amount of new models and lots of stuff combined and folded in... 

To be honest probably too much, but ****** it, they should be on a par with Stormcast so that's the kind of size tome I'm looking at...

HERALDS OF THE APOCALYPSE

3 sub-factions, Everchosen (super-elite), StD (elite) & Darkoath (normal'ish), different battline depending on general but can mix and match beyond that. Different spell lores and allegiance abilities for all 3, but same Terrain and Endless Spells.

Everchosen
Archaon (Ld, U, B, W)
Balatos Kurgan von Mazdruk (or smoother dumb name) - Castellan of the Varanspire on Winged Chaos Beast* (Ld, U, B, W)
/ also builds - Varanguard Lieutenant on Winged Chaos Beast* (Ld, U, B)
Belakor (Ld, W, B)
Daemon Prince (Ld, W, B)
Gaunt Summoner (Ld, W)
Lord of Injustice* (Ld)
Varanguard (BL if General Everchosen)
Varanguard on Foot* (BL if General Everchosen)
Damned Priestess of the 8 Fold Path* (P, Ld)
Handmaidens of the Apocalypse* (BL) - essentially chaos Cultists/Monks/Nuns, think Black Legion Dark Apostles with wimples & whips.

Notes: Everything here except the monks essentially hits like a ****** tank and costs it too so stat increases all round, Lord of Injustice is basically an executioner/dedicated hero killer, Varanguard on foot 5-10 models but beefy as ******, mounted again 3-6 or so and steamroll ******. Monks are your chaff/objective holders but can also buff the Priestesses' abilities.

Allegiance abilities and spells with be powerful but more focused on tactical bonuses, these aren't your mindless warriors but the best of the worst, so movement shenanigans, things that let you move units after set up, create illusions, that kind of thing, to represent these are tactical martial geniuses whose lives are devoted to destruction.

Slaves to Darkness
Chaos Lord on Manticore (Ld, B)
/ also builds - Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (Ld, W, B)
Chaos Lord of Daemonic Mount (Ld)
Chaos Lord (Ld)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (Ld, W)
Exalted Hero Of Chaos (Ld)
Chaos Chosen - Smaller units (5-10) but much more buffed stats 
Chaos Warriors* (Bl if General StD) - new more dynamic models and slightly more buffed stats
Chaos Knights (mounted) (Bl if General StD) - buffed stats
Chaos / Gorebeast Chariot
6 x new Warcry Warbands*
Chaos Warshrine
Chaos Spawn

Notes: Not a huge amount of new additions here but they get the Warcry war bands and your basic Chaos Warriors get new sculpts and are buffed up to be semi-elite, not Varanguard level but still they should hit like a truck if not a tank. 

Spell lore and allegiance abilities focused on raw strength and destruction.

Darkoath
Darkoath Queen (Ld)
Darkoath Queen on Chariot* (Ld)
/ also builds Darkoath Chariots*
Darkoath Chieften (Ld)
Thedra + Godsworn Hunt (U, Ld, W)
Darkoath Shaman* (Ld, W)
Darkoath Witches* (W, U) - 3 witches + a cauldron, acts a bit like a Gobbapalooza
Darkoath (were Chaos) Marauders* - (Bl if general Darkoath) new sculpts, dual kit with melee/ranged options
Darkoath Beserker/Were-creatures* - Kind of like Goblin fanatics they hide inside units and then burst out in a rage of fur, claws and fury
Darkoath (were Chaos) Marauders Horsemen - (Bl if general Darkoath)
Darkoath Packmaster + Chaos Hounds*

Notes: Your Frazetta barbarians unleashed. Can be run as their own force or to pack out and provide numbers to more elite armies.

Spell lore and allegiance abilities focused on fast movement, berserk rages etc with some more nods to corrupted natural magic.

Chaos Untamed
Chaos Gargants (B)
Furies*
Raptoryxes*
Slaughterbrute (B)
Mutalith Vortex Beast (B)

Notes: Your random other chaos stuff to add some spice

Terrain
Wicker Man* - Giant burning wicker man where slaves are funnelled into and burnt as sacrifices to the primordial ones, provides a bravery buff/debuff plus as the fires burn hire and the cries of the scarified pierce the veil between dimensions it can help summon daemons.

Endless Spells
Locus of Corruption* - A giant 8 pointed star that acts like a damage bomb/area control with bonus of chance of creating Chaos Spawn from models it kills
Wave of Mutilation* - Chaos flavoured version of vermintide, scuttletide etc
Vortex Arcanum* - Opens a mini rift in reality that sucks magic out of the mortal realms and into the Realm of Chaos, makes non Chaos magic harder to cast/easier to dispel 

Allies
Beasts of Chaos, Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch, Hedonites of Slaanesh, Legion of Azgorh, Maggotkin of Nurgle

* = New models
Ld = Leader
U = Unique
W = Wizard
P = Priest
Bl = Battleline
B = Behemoth
A - Artillery

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

Chaos Knights were my favorite model of all time and what originally got me into Warhammer like 15 years ago. All I really wish for is that a unit of 10 Chaos Knights charging at you is once again the most terrifying thing that you can imagine in this game because they will wipe out everything and everybody in their way with their 2+ armor and their strength and toughness of 5 (was it?).  Just make them awesome. 

Also Chaos Warriors are supposed to be elite super warriors like SCE so better make them at least equal to Sequitors. 

• Like 1

To quote myself from the StD Thread:

Spoiler

EYE OF THE GODS

The current warscrolls give us plently of beatsticks, with Lords having minor support and sorcerer lords having a major support role. So the core ain´t bad at all. The Lord on Manticore buffs our Warriors with a neat bunch of rerolls. Thats grat. Also Lord on Mount supports our Knights and Chariots, which is good synnergy and also fluffy. The same for Sorcerer Lords: Great buffing capabilties on the normal/mounted! The one on Manticore looks like it wants to be an offensive caster, which it could be with a buff to the manticore.

So changing the heroes Warscroll would be enough in terms of giving the Manticore a better profile (Claws to DMG 2 should be enough. Or give the tail some "venom" rule for MW´s. Maybe by turning it into a degrading moonblade with D3 MW on a degrading roll).

The bigger issue is the reward mechanic imbued into "Eye of the Gods". It is not enough of a reward for what it requires. An StD Armies should be able to build around there rewards to play for them and to utilize them in a way that gives us the game changing advantage. There are two easy ways this could be achived that come to my mind right now:

1. Less rewards, but the player decides which he wants to pick.
  2. Rewards that apply to the whole army and not just the slayer.

An example for the first version: Keep the goodstuff, like adding +1 to saves or damage or rend. Remove Dark Aposthesis. Let players choose each reward only once per battle. Include Spawndom nevertheless for fluff reasons. Change the current table from "1-3 Spawndom 4-6 Daemon Prince" into "2+ Daemon prince, 1 Spawndom". By this the "egoistic" part, chasing for might, becoms at least valuable enough so we can try to win a game with it. Ambush your enemy with 2-3 Heroes and roll who may get better. It would be a way to compensate missing summoning by being able to buff our heroes. GW would sell tons of DP models btw.

For the second idea we could get a chart which includes armywide rules. Like giving the whole army a +1 to hit for the turn, debuffing enemy morale by one, getting a bonus to casts, gaining a "fight first" chance on a roll etc.. Theese rules could be worth fishing for them to buff all Slaves. While this suggestion looks quite OP at the first glance, the fact that we have to chase enemy heroes down to get them is a quite serious drawback. Also, the table could be split into 5 a 3 rewards, one for each god and one "undecided". This way players would keep the direction of their army whilst still going for a random reward. Also this would be a great way to dampen its power as f.e. KHORNE BUFFS could also only apply on KHORNE Units.

Both suggestions could be implented in many different ways.

AURA OF CHAOS

The second ability that defines the Slaves to Darkness is their divine patrons gift. The current way gw has written these rules is just a joke: Reroll ones if you are within the holy X inch. X depends on fluff and not on how good the buff actually is. Also all buffs are useless. Just make the buffs better. At this point, gw really shouldn´t be afraid to give some great rules to us, like:

• Nurgle: Each NURGLE unit (wholly?) within a NURGLE HERO gains the "Disgustingly Resilient" rule
  • Slaanesh: -1 to Hit against a SLAANESH unit (wholly?) within a SLAANESH HERO
  • Tzeentch: Ignore all modifiers to save rolls (positive and negative) for TZEENTCH UNITS (wholly?) within TZEENTCH HEROES.
  • Khorne: Increase the attack characteristic of each KHORNE UNIT (wholly?) within of 8" of an KHORNE HERO
  • Unmarked: UNMARKED CHAOS Units within of X inch an UNMARKED CHAOS HERO automaticaly pass battleshock tests

While some of this suggestions sound OP, especially with my suggestions to "EYE OF THE GODS", you have to concider that each unit can only benefit from one of the gods. You can easily mix units of different patrons, but still have a tax by the fact that you require a hero to trigger them. Thoose Rules would alter each warscroll in a fluffy way, giving us a ton of options. And yes, I know, the KEYWORDS I used are not optimal but hey, this is just wishlisting! The point behind it is: Whilst our heroes are out for killing and glory, their presence inspires our warriors. By this the army can have a heavier focus on beatstick heroes which they couldn´t handle otherwise.

ARTIFACTS, COMMAND TRAITS AND SPELL LORES

With the suggested rules, a few opportunities for new artifacts occur. I belive that including 1-3 god specific options would add a great flair. Like having 1-3 Khorne Artifacts, 1-3 Tzeentch Ones and so on. This way army building would be even more diverse. Unmarked options would have also a pretty nice new flair: currently existing "Mark of the all-flavoured" would be great as enabler for a multi god army: Snap it on your hero and let him become a buff-beacon. The design of the artifact rules should be a bit more aggresive: Great upsides combined with some drawbacks would go well with the theme of warriors that would do anything for power. Desecrator Gauntlets are fluffwise an great example right now. How about an artifact that allows us to do more attacks but deals mortal wounds in exchange? Would be great to risk that life of a hero in the hope to get him into ascension via EYE OF THE GODS.

The Command Traits could also be used to support the theme: Increasing the range of all AURA OF CHAOS Abilities triggered by a Hero? Great! Offensive buffs allowing our general to get better into contact with enemies to land that killing blow? Great! Some neat abilities to decrease morale to show how terrific chaos warriors are? I´d love it! So many possibilities here!

For the Spells, I would love a full (6 Spells wide) unmarked chaos lore. Adding 1-3 Spells for each god, which may be copypasta from existing books, would be fine too. But having an actual lore of chaos would be a great thing. With daemonic strength-buffs, some big and bad magic to smite our enemies and so on.It´s currently one of the biggest thing that I miss: Some way to flesh out our magicans. This could also include the (obligatory) Endless Spells. Give us something as half as cool as the Beast of Chaos Spells and I´m all in!

All in all this would fix a good ammount of issues, keep the theme and allow yet to have a versatile army.

Have the Gorebeast Chariot hit like a truck.  Put it on par with the slaanesh chariots.  Maybe the beast goes out of control and will continue punching for every continuous role of a 4+.  Bring back the hellcannon and a sweet new model for Bel'akor

• Like 1

Similar to Ogors, I think there is a minimum floor for the book to be generally considered a success (people will find a way to complain no matter what there is, but generally a success).

Minimum floor:

• Must incorporate Archaon and Varanguard
  • Must incorporate all in-production Slaves to Darkness models
  • Must include the standard trappings (spell lore, artefacts, terrain, endless spells)

Beyond the minimum floor, there are any number of things they could do to make it even better - large Darkoath model line, re-written scrolls for the very underwhelming Chaos Knights and Warriors, other new kits, etc.  These would be gravy.

(ETA:  There have been enough hints about Darkoath that an StD book that didn't include a significant new Darkoath model line would be less well received than it would be otherwise.)

Edited by amysrevenge

11 hours ago, JPjr said:

Ok *cracks knuckles* let's do this...

Firstly whilst not an army I have collected I have to say the combined forces of Archaon should be the setting's big bad and get the treatment they deserve, more than any idividual Chaos god, more than even my beloved Death or Grotz. So we're talking big release, decent amount of new models and lots of stuff combined and folded in... 

To be honest probably too much, but ****** it, they should be on a par with Stormcast so that's the kind of size tome I'm looking at...

HERALDS OF THE APOCALYPSE

3 sub-factions, Everchosen (super-elite), StD (elite) & Darkoath (normal'ish), different battline depending on general but can mix and match beyond that. Different spell lores and allegiance abilities for all 3, but same Terrain and Endless Spells.

Everchosen
Archaon (Ld, U, B, W)
Balatos Kurgan von Mazdruk (or smoother dumb name) - Castellan of the Varanspire on Winged Chaos Beast* (Ld, U, B, W)
/ also builds - Varanguard Lieutenant on Winged Chaos Beast* (Ld, U, B)
Belakor (Ld, W, B)
Daemon Prince (Ld, W, B)
Gaunt Summoner (Ld, W)
Lord of Injustice* (Ld)
Varanguard (BL if General Everchosen)
Varanguard on Foot* (BL if General Everchosen)
Damned Priestess of the 8 Fold Path* (P, Ld)
Handmaidens of the Apocalypse* (BL) - essentially chaos Cultists/Monks/Nuns, think Black Legion Dark Apostles with wimples & whips.

Notes: Everything here except the monks essentially hits like a ****** tank and costs it too so stat increases all round, Lord of Injustice is basically an executioner/dedicated hero killer, Varanguard on foot 5-10 models but beefy as ******, mounted again 3-6 or so and steamroll ******. Monks are your chaff/objective holders but can also buff the Priestesses' abilities.

Allegiance abilities and spells with be powerful but more focused on tactical bonuses, these aren't your mindless warriors but the best of the worst, so movement shenanigans, things that let you move units after set up, create illusions, that kind of thing, to represent these are tactical martial geniuses whose lives are devoted to destruction.

Slaves to Darkness
Chaos Lord on Manticore (Ld, B)
/ also builds - Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (Ld, W, B)
Chaos Lord of Daemonic Mount (Ld)
Chaos Lord (Ld)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (Ld, W)
Exalted Hero Of Chaos (Ld)
Chaos Chosen - Smaller units (5-10) but much more buffed stats 
Chaos Warriors* (Bl if General StD) - new more dynamic models and slightly more buffed stats
Chaos Knights (mounted) (Bl if General StD) - buffed stats
Chaos / Gorebeast Chariot
6 x new Warcry Warbands*
Chaos Warshrine
Chaos Spawn

Notes: Not a huge amount of new additions here but they get the Warcry war bands and your basic Chaos Warriors get new sculpts and are buffed up to be semi-elite, not Varanguard level but still they should hit like a truck if not a tank. 

Spell lore and allegiance abilities focused on raw strength and destruction.

Darkoath
Darkoath Queen (Ld)
Darkoath Queen on Chariot* (Ld)
/ also builds Darkoath Chariots*
Darkoath Chieften (Ld)
Thedra + Godsworn Hunt (U, Ld, W)
Darkoath Shaman* (Ld, W)
Darkoath Witches* (W, U) - 3 witches + a cauldron, acts a bit like a Gobbapalooza
Darkoath (were Chaos) Marauders* - (Bl if general Darkoath) new sculpts, dual kit with melee/ranged options
Darkoath Beserker/Were-creatures* - Kind of like Goblin fanatics they hide inside units and then burst out in a rage of fur, claws and fury
Darkoath (were Chaos) Marauders Horsemen - (Bl if general Darkoath)
Darkoath Packmaster + Chaos Hounds*

Notes: Your Frazetta barbarians unleashed. Can be run as their own force or to pack out and provide numbers to more elite armies.

Spell lore and allegiance abilities focused on fast movement, berserk rages etc with some more nods to corrupted natural magic.

Chaos Untamed
Chaos Gargants (B)
Furies*
Raptoryxes*
Slaughterbrute (B)
Mutalith Vortex Beast (B)

Notes: Your random other chaos stuff to add some spice

Terrain
Wicker Man* - Giant burning wicker man where slaves are funnelled into and burnt as sacrifices to the primordial ones, provides a bravery buff/debuff plus as the fires burn hire and the cries of the scarified pierce the veil between dimensions it can help summon daemons.

Endless Spells
Locus of Corruption* - A giant 8 pointed star that acts like a damage bomb/area control with bonus of chance of creating Chaos Spawn from models it kills
Wave of Mutilation* - Chaos flavoured version of vermintide, scuttletide etc
Vortex Arcanum* - Opens a mini rift in reality that sucks magic out of the mortal realms and into the Realm of Chaos, makes non Chaos magic harder to cast/easier to dispel 

Allies
Beasts of Chaos, Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch, Hedonites of Slaanesh, Legion of Azgorh, Maggotkin of Nurgle

* = New models
Ld = Leader
U = Unique
W = Wizard
P = Priest
Bl = Battleline
B = Behemoth
A - Artillery

Can you apply at GW please. They don't even know how much they need you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Ideas are a little tamer than others be but some weird ideas I had floating in my head

Spoiler

Everchosen Warbands

Allegiance Abilities

Eye of the Gods: Keep a tally on the amount of enemy Heroes and Monsters slain. Each slain model gives 1 point on the Eye of the Gods table. If the model was slain by an Everchosen Warbands Hero, you gain 1+D3 points instead. If the model slain was the General, add a further 3 points in addition to the original points. Each effect lasts for the rest of the battle and are cumulative.

0: Nothing

1-3: Add 1 to the Bravery Characteristics to all friendly Everchosen Warbands units.

4-6: Add 1 to hit rolls for all friendly Everchosen Warbands units.

7-9: Add 1 to wound rolls for all friendly Everchosen Warbands units

10+: Add 1 to the Attack Characteristic of all weapons for all friendly Everchosen Warbands units.

Will of Chaos: Everchosen Warband Units treat Battleshock rolls of 6 as a 1 instead.

Scions of the Everchosen: Varanguard units may use may use Inspiring Presence, At the Double, or Forward to Victory command abilities despite not being Heroes. This still uses up a command point as normal.

Chaos Armor: Everchosen Warband Mortal units with a Save Characteristic of 4+ or more may reroll unmodified save rolls of 1. If for whatever reason they can already reroll unmodified save rolls of 1, then it occurs on an unmodified save rolls of 1 or 2.

Seekers of Favor: Darkoath units may add +2 to Charge rolls if they are wholly within 12” of a friendly Everchosen Warbands Hero at the start of the phase.

Sworn Fealty: Allied Chaos Mortal units count as having the Everchosen Warbands keyword (but still take up allied points).

Marauders, Chaos Marauder Horsemen, Darkoath Warchief, and Darkoath Warqueen all gain the Darkoath keyword.

Chaos Warriors, Chaos Knights, Chaos Chariots, and Gorebeast Chariots all hit on a 3+ (except mounts).

Chaos Warriors 450 Horde Discount

Hand Weapons: Models equipped with a Hand Weapon may reroll unmodified to hit rolls of 1. If armed with two hand weapons, they may reroll all failed to hit rolls.

Greatblades: Unmodified wound rolls of 6 from Models equipped with Greatblades inflict 2 damage.

Chaos Knights 150

Enscrolled Weapons and Chaos Glaives have Rend -1.

Impaling Charge gives the Chaos Glaive Rend -2.

Chaos Chariots (90/210) and Gorebeast Chariots (110/270)

Increase Save Characteristic to 3+.

Chaos Greatblades: Unmodified to wound rolls of 6 from Chaos Greatblades inflict 2 damage.

Chaos Warflail has 2D3 Attacks and Rend -1.

Chaos Sorcerer Lord 150

Increase Save Characteristic to 4+

Chaos Runestaff and Chaos Runesword have 2 attacks and hit on a 3+. Chaos Runesword has -1 Rend.

Change Range of Oracular Vision to Wholly Within 12” and Daemonic Power to Wholly Within 16”.

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore

Increase Save Characteristic to 3+

Sorcerous Reaping Staff hits on a 3+ and has -1 Rend.

Can cast 2 spells in each of your hero phases.

Change Range of Oracular Vision to Wholly Within 12”

Chaos Lord on Manticore

Increase Bravery Characteristic to 9

Increase Save Characteristic to 3+

All weapons wielded by the Chaos Lord have Rend -1. Chaos Lance has Rend -2 on a charge.

Chosen 150/500

Change name to Varanguard Chosen

Gain Varanguard keyword

Increase Wound Characteristic to 3.

Chaos Greataxe has 2 Damage.

Chaos Greataxe: The Mortal Wound is in addition to normal damage.

Chosen of the Gods: Roll a dice each time a model with this rule suffers a wound or mortal wound. On a 6 that wound or mortal wound is ignored.

Gain Favoured of the Everchosen

Vananguard

Rename to Varanguard Doomriders

Gain Chosen of the Gods

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount

Rename Eye of the Gods to Chaotic Invigoration.

The Knights of Chaos becomes Wholly Within 16”.

Lord of Chaos

Chaos Sword has Rend -1.

Aided by the Gods becomes Wholly Within 12”.

Slambo

Hurled Chaos Axes has 2 attacks.

Chaos Axes hits on a 3+.

Exalted Hero of Chaos

Chaos Death Axes hits on a 3+.

Chaos Marauder Horsemen

Frenzied Charge: Models equipped with Barbarian Axes or Barbarian Flails gain +1 attack on those weapons on a turn this unit makes a charge.

Slaughterbrute

Mighty Jaws has Rend -2

Mutalith Vortex Beast 180

Gain Writhing Tentacles rule for the Betentacled Maw

Chaos Siege Giant 180

Warbands of Infamy

Fist of the Everchosen

Ability

Failure is not an option: All Fist of the Everchosen units gain +2 to their Bravery Characteristic.

Command Trait

Taskmaster of the Everchosen: Friendly Chaos Mortal units wholly within 12” of the General may reroll failed charge rolls

Artefact of Power

Bleakstorm Warbanner: At the start of your Hero Phase pick a friendly Everchosen Warbands unit wholly within 12” of the bearer and roll 2D6. If the roll is equal to or less than the Bravery of that unit, that unit gains +1 attack to all of its weapons until the start of your next Hero phase.

Command Ability

Charge of the Chaos Brigade: At the start of the Combat Phase, pick a friendly Everchosen Warbands unit with a Move characteristic of 8” or more wholly within 12” of the model that uses this Command Ability. After that unit makes a successful charge, roll a number of D6’s equal to the number of wounds in that unit. For each 5+, inflict 1 Mortal Wound against the enemy unit they charged.

Godsworn Hunters

Ability

Godkiller Weapons: Godsworn Hunters Darkoath units have 1 more rend on their melee weapons on a turn they charge.

Command Trait

Bringer of Glory: This model gains an additional Eye of the Gods point whenever it slays a Hero or Monster.

Artefact of Power

Dragonclaw Spear: In the shooting phase, pick an enemy unit within 12” of the bearer and roll a D6. On a 3+, that unit suffers D3 Mortal Wounds. If that unit has 7 or more wounds per model, deal 2D3 Mortal Wounds instead.

Command Ability

Call to War: In the Hero phase, pick a friendly Godsworn Hunters Darkoath unit wholly within 12” of the model that uses this command ability and roll a D6. You may return a number of slain models to it that have a combined Wounds characteristic equal to or less than the roll of a D6.

Four Marked Forsaken

Ability

Four Swords: You may take double the number of Leaders than normal. However, your first 4 Heroes chosen must each have a different Mark of Chaos.

Command Trait

Unmatched Challenger: If the general is within 1” of an enemy Hero, it may not be targeted by enemy attacks except from enemy Heroes and the General may only target enemy heroes.

Artefact of Power

The Paradoxical Talisman: Increase the Bravery, Wounds, Movement, and Save Characteristic of the bearer by 1. At the end of each of your turns, roll 2D6. If that roll is higher than the Bravery characteristic of the bearer, the artefact breaks and the bearer returns to its normal characteristics. If this would bring the bearer’s wounds to 0, the model is slain.

Command Ability

Godly Authority: At the start of your Hero phase, pick a unit wholly within 24” of a model that uses this command ability. Until the start of your next turn, that unit gains the same Mark of Chaos that the Hero has. If the model has multiple Marks for whatever reason, pick one.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

My Ideas are a little tamer than others be but some weird ideas I had floating in my head

Hide contents

Bleakstorm Warbanner: At the start of your Hero Phase pick a friendly Everchosen Warbands unit wholly within 12” of the bearer and roll 2D6. If the roll is equal to or less than the Bravery of that unit, that unit gains +1 attack to all of its weapons until the start of your next Hero phase.

Command Ability

Charge of the Chaos Brigade: At the start of the Combat Phase, pick a friendly Everchosen Warbands unit with a Move characteristic of 8” or more wholly within 12” of the model that uses this Command Ability. After that unit makes a successful charge, roll a number of D6’s equal to the number of wounds in that unit. For each 5+, inflict 1 Mortal Wound against the enemy unit they charged.

I absolutely love those changes

Edited by Kurrilino

I wouldn't consider any of the warbands even remotely fitting into the StD looks.

We have the choice of deep sea divers, Slitheren from Harry Potter and Scarecrows.

None of them are heavily armored elite killers. If this is the new StD style i will go and vandalize my next GW store.

• Haha 1

Given the unique nature of the army (scrolls need to function in their own army and also seamlessly slot into 4 other books)

I would think focusing in on the Terrain, Allegiance and Command Traits to make them stand on their own without breaking the 4 god books would be paramount.