The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Rumour time. 

Two week preorder for Shadowspear starts on 9th. Khorne may also pre order during that window but if not will be on sale before April. 

Large CSM release to follow. 

Thanks for the rumour but it's a bit of a bummer if true.

GW has been full on with its releases this year so far but going into March the sound of the breaks being applied is deafening. 

The teasing of this 40k Chaos release has almost been more than for a new edition.  

We have already had two weeks of relatively minor releases. A two week preorder means next week we will get absolutely nothing. 

Hopefully something interesting for AoS will be shown at Gama.  

I know it sounds churlish to complain after so many great releases recently,  but I feel that gw's pacing of releases is not the best. Why not do the huge gloomspite release over three weeks, or give Skaven and FEC their own week? 

The Chaos release for 40K is akin to a new edition in terms of it being a huge number of new models and a big revamp of one of the big core armies for their biggest selling game. It's going to be a huge frenzy of sales so 2 weeks pre-order or at least 2 weeks sales etc... makes full sense to me. Smaller releases in the run up as GW is likely producing a lot of stock right now to feed the frenzy - remembering that there's also some new space marines too. 

So yeah big epic release of new shiny 40Kstuff then back to some AoS stuff. Lets not forget at some point we'll see a big new demon for Slaanesh and a new Tome - there's already a confirmed Khorne one coming soon and more! Much much more! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

GW has been full on with its releases this year so far but going into March the sound of the breaks being applied is deafening. 

The teasing of this 40k Chaos release has almost been more than for a new edition.  

We have already had two weeks of relatively minor releases. A two week preorder means next week we will get absolutely nothing. 

I know it sounds churlish to complain after so many great releases recently,  but I feel that gw's pacing of releases is not the best. Why not do the huge gloomspite release over three weeks, or give Skaven and FEC their own week? 

Rumblings are that the 40k Chaos releases are going to be pretty big. The Shadowspear box is also going the have the Space marine vanguard chamber, so there's a possibility of some trailing releases with that. So March could be pretty busy, just not for AoS.

11 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Rumblings are that the 40k Chaos releases are going to be pretty big. The Shadowspear box is also going the have the Space marine vanguard chamber, so there's a possibility of some trailing releases with that. So March could be pretty busy, just not for AoS.

I know it will be big for 40k. I just hope they throw the AOS guys a bone in the midst of it all.  40k got their city fight supplement alongside the gloomspite release. 

Personally I just really want to know more about forbidden power and especially Warcry. So the longer the 40k release window ends up being, the longer I have to wait.  As they managed to release 12 kits, a book and a 40k supplement in two weeks , I had hoped that we would get through the 40k chaos/ primaris stuff in March and maybe see Forbidden power in April. But as it is 40k will probably take up all of March and maybe a chunk of April too. 

I guess my problem is that I’m seriously tempted by the gloomspite release but I want to see what else is coming before I commit. The Lvo preview had some exciting teases but not much in the way of substance. 

23 hours ago, Chikout said:

I know it will be big for 40k. I just hope they throw the AOS guys a bone in the midst of it all.

Oof. Not me. My wallet could use a rest period. I've dropped around $2000 in GW this year, or maybe stretching back to December, already. I'll pick up the spider demon engine, but other than that, I'll be glad to not have stuff to buy for a month or two.

🙂

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Are we now talking août Space marines chambers and no more about Stormcasts legions ?

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

I know it will be big for 40k. I just hope they throw the AOS guys a bone in the midst of it all.  40k got their city fight supplement alongside the gloomspite release.

Adepticon is happening at the end of March and it’s been confirmed there is a studio preview. Be patient 😉

Also GW are known for just dropping teasers out of no where 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Adepticon is happening at the end of March and it’s been confirmed there is a studio preview. Be patient 😉

Also GW are known for just dropping teasers out of no where 😉

You tease and know more than average Joe, impatience grows ;)

11 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Rumour time. 

Two week preorder for Shadowspear starts on 9th. Khorne may also pre order during that window but if not will be on sale before April. 

Large CSM release to follow. 

Is Angron coming around april too if Khorne CSM are coming?

Im dying for news on Warcry, but I guess that's a compliment to GWs hype machine. I was never completely sold on Skirmish poor balance and I cant get my group to play Shadespire.

But Im happy on behalf of the 40K Chaos players. I can remember putting those basic Chaos marines together back in my early teen years, so that kit must be old by now!

3 hours ago, Malin said:

You tease and know more than average Joe, impatience grows ;)

I know nothing more than you guys and girls. Just looking at what I know and filling in some gaps.

So for example, next few weeks I'm expecting....

Shadowspear Pre-Orders on 9th March followed by new Chaos Space Marine stuff

This is a guess based upon the countdown on the Warhammer Community site, which takes us to next Tuesday. This gives us a few days of exploring the Vigilus setting and seeing some of the cool stuff coming out (yey more cool Youtube Trailers from the Warhammer TV people!!! :D ).  I would expect to see Shadowspear (new box set) up for Pre-Order on weekend and then I would expect to see new Chaos Space Marine kits after this. I suspect we will see a few weeks of this as it's a big release because it's moving the background setting forwards as well as updating some very old kits from a Chaos Space Marine point of view. It will also add some new Primaris kits.

From an AOS point of view, this is good as it means we will have more access to new Chaos parts for conversions!

Blades of Khorne Pre-Orders towards the end of March/Start of April

This is also a guess and is based upon the fact that we have been shown the book and Endless spells (as well as a new Skulltaker model). This I expect will be a quick release because it's a book and few models but is quite big as it will update a lot of armies. It will also ride upon the back of the Chaos stuff for 40K and leads us nicely for the Adepticon Preview.

I suspect, we will see a lot of AOS stuff at the Adepticon Preview. I think it will be setting the scene for the Summer and the next stage of the Soul Wars and we will get a closer glimpse at Warcry. Yes it's all 40K at the moment but this is a big thing for the game, so just bear with it ;) 

1 minute ago, Urbanus said:

Im dying for news on Warcry, but I guess that's a compliment to GWs hype machine. I was never completely sold on Skirmish poor balance and I cant get my group to play Shadespire.

But Im happy on behalf of the 40K Chaos players. I can remember putting those basic Chaos marines together back in my early teen years, so that kit must be old by now!

I'm excited about Warcry too. I'm hoping it will a Skirmish/Mordheim type thing in my head but we will wait and see.

And yes 40K chaos is very big thing. I played Chaos back in 2nd edition so remember what it was like before getting the plastic kit but it's so old now and some of the details were never great, they need replacing!

• Like 1

In the absence of anything as trifling as actual evidence I've now half convinced myself that Warcry will include some kind of card based play as well. Not necessarily like Underworlds in the gotta collect them all sense but just a way of making smaller fights more crunchy and involved, but without piling on loads of rules you need to keep looking up.

52 minutes ago, JPjr said:

In the absence of anything as trifling as actual evidence I've now half convinced myself that Warcry will include some kind of card based play as well. Not necessarily like Underworlds in the gotta collect them all sense but just a way of making smaller fights more crunchy and involved, but without piling on loads of rules you need to keep looking up.

GW certainly seem to like cards these days - Kill Team has them for command abilities, doesn't it? 

5 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Kill Team has them for command abilities, doesn't it? 

Yeah, kind of, with Tactics. I mean they're in the books so you don't need cards  but it's quicker and easier with them.

I just think, that especially with a small model count game that is focused on melee fighting, adding some additional element to the combat system makes it much more interesting and skilful but wouldn't slow things down intolerably.

It just gives you much more agency as a player, and gives fights more of a duel feel, which when you only have a handful of models and want to make the game stand as it's own thing rather than just a quick version of the big game makes a lot of sense to me.

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

From listening to the Stormcasts and reading between the line, I don't think Warcry will be the Nu-Mordheim I was hoping for but instead something completely fresh and new (both rules-wise and lore-wise) 

Well Im firmly in the "New can be good or bad" camp! I think my perception of Mordheim is heavily influenced by nostalgia. A few years ago I was considering starting a new campaign and the amout of homebrewing needed to balance the warbands was staggering!

What I think Mordheim did really well and what one can hope for Warcry is setting. Mordheim is still to this day my favorite setting. The small stories from the rulebook and magazines did an increadible job of pulling you in. Its a feeling the newer stuff hasnt given me yet.

56 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Couldnt the new Chaos for 40k, maybe some of the new models can be used to AoS? Like the Demons from several factions?

I'm certain the new Shadowspear Chaos Release will be very Chaos Space Marines centric, especially with Black Legion as the new count-as Skeletors for the Primaris He-Mans.

I think there will be no "Pure Demons" like Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle or Tzeentch ones but only Demon-Forge-Fiend-Evil-Warp-Monsters.
And therefore not suited for AoS sadly.

Just now, Urbanus said:

Well Im firmly in the "New can be good or bad" camp! I think my perception of Mordheim is heavily influenced by nostalgia. A few years ago I was considering starting a new campaign and the amout of homebrewing needed to balance the warbands was staggering!

What I think Mordheim did really well and what one can hope for Warcry is setting. Mordheim is still to this day my favorite setting. The small stories from the rulebook and magazines did an increadible job of pulling you in. Its a feeling the newer stuff hasnt given me yet.

Yeah agreed, it's definitely something that gets lost in the nostalgia - for my money, Mordheim has the best lore GW's ever written, and incredible art to boot, but its rules were always a mess of unbalanced combos and way too much book-keeping, which only got worse as expansions and supplements got released. 

I don't see GW ever creating a new game with the same style of lore as Mordheim, and I wouldn't want them to bring back the rules, so I do think it's invoked too much by fans. We're never going to get 'new Mordheim' and I'm not sure we'd want it anyway - here's hoping for cool new skirmish games instead. 

14 hours ago, Chikout said:

What difference would it make if the Gitz has got three weeks? Exactly same models and book etc. Would seeing the same stuff on the web page for one extra week really have excited you anymore than it did for two?  You’re aware if that were the case for every AOS release there would actually have been *less* releases at this point?

Their pacing is better than it ever has been by some distance and by pretty any other margin of product, let alone for one which requires the turn over and pre-planning that this industry demands, it’s frankly exceptional.