The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, CityDumper said:

March
Seraphon:
New "big dino" with magic structure on top
Kroxigors
Razordon/Salamander Pack dual kit (2 bigger lizards)
Saurus Guard with leader options
More Azyr looking Saurus Sunblood/Eternity Warden?

No way they are getting new Saurus Guard without also getting new Saurus Warriors

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

No way they are getting new Saurus Guard without also getting new Saurus Warriors

Yeah. If they are going to redo them, a dual kit with different heads and weapons would make the most sense but gw don't exactly have a great history of making  sensible choices. 

• Like 2

I want to believe that list and Seraphon sounds almost plausible but Cities Ogors... I AM CONFLICTED!! WHY NOT GIVE MAWTRIBES NEW OGORS!?!?! 

I know theres the Maneater arguement but unless they can be built for Destruction specifically, Ill call it what it is. A slap in the face. 

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, CityDumper said:

Heard these from a friend, take with an ocean of salt.

Releases 2023

January
S2D full release

Beast of Chaos:
New Beastlord
No other new models
Some resin kits may get range rotated (not 100%)

General's Handbook with big (bone?) Spider

February
Gloomspite Gitz:
Snarlfang Riders
Gitmob hero
Snarlfang Chariot with shaman option
Sylvaneth-size release
Completely reworked Bad Moon: constant passive effect with chance to wane/wax depending on amount of friendly losses

March
Seraphon:
New "big dino" with magic structure on top
Kroxigors
Razordon/Salamander Pack dual kit (2 bigger lizards)
Saurus Guard with leader options
More Azyr looking Saurus Sunblood/Eternity Warden?

April
Blades of Khorne vs Hedonites box (again)
New single Hedonite foot hero
New single Khorne foot hero (named?)

May
Flesh-eater Courts:
"Court wizard" shaman
New "mid-size" ghouls (Melee/Ranged)

Ossiarch Bonereapers:
New Mortisan (manipulates enemy units)

June
Cities of Sigmar (before 40k 10th edition):
"Azyrite" = new units, not subfaction (calling them this for simplicity/lack of details)

Azyrite Guard (Halberd/Small weapon (mace, sword, axe) options)
Azyrite Gunners ("Musketeers", special option for hand cannon with shield (bigger base like Skitarii))
Azyrite Knights (Regular Knight/Outrider dual kit)
Azyrite Elite (think new Greatswords/Mace, Sword, Hammer options, big armour)
Azyrite Ogors (Chunky armour, big halberd + option for pistol for leader)
Azyrite General (Sculpted base, mix of Elite, Gunner and Guard aesthetics but fancier)
Azyrite Mage (One mini, many options)
Azyrite Priest (Big Fantasy Warrior Priest aesthetic, think that big Dawnbringer picture from core book)
Flagellants (More grimdark, less flamehead/not-carried chains)
Azyrite Artillery (New spin on Helblaster/Helstorm + regular cannon. One duardin crew member)
Azyrite Walker (Vaguely similar to Steam Tank/Gyrocopter. Think 40k Sentinel but more Steampunk + AoS)
Azyrite General on big beast (Centerpiece, option for named hero)

All current human kits cut except for Steam Tank
All Wanderers cut
Duardin/non-human Ironweld fine
Darkling Covens cut back (no basic infantry) + combined with Shadowblades (Shadow Warriors cut)
Privateers/Order Serpentis combined and slightly trimmed (no chariot)

Big Dawnbringer Crusade Path to Glory section in BT

August
Kharadron Overlords:
New foot hero (record keeper/accountant looking)

September
Soulblight Gravelords:
New Necromancer
New Grave Guard/Skeleton crossbows dual kit

Generally looks really cool. My maun hope is that the deluge of foot heroes is wrong. Soulblight don't need a Necro imo, a mounted Vamp, or better a new version of the Abyssal Terror, would be so much better. Same with Hedonites. They have a foot melee and caster character, a mounted mortal lord is far more important for them.

Well, these as you say are just rumours but they do seem plausible, unfortunately partly because GW does like to spam us with foot heroes 😂

49 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I want to believe that list and Seraphon sounds almost plausible but Cities Ogors... I AM CONFLICTED!! WHY NOT GIVE MAWTRIBES NEW OGORS!?!?! 

I know theres the Maneater arguement but unless they can be built for Destruction specifically, Ill call it what it is. A slap in the face. 

Ogors being in every Grand Alliance makes sense, but I agree that it's super weird to get Order ogors before Beastclaw and Gutbusters get anything new? Especially when BCR were made for AOS. They could use some new infantry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

One book announced for early summer doesn't preclude the possibility of more books coming in late summer.

I no longer have all the changes in mind but indeed GW was able to add battletomes in certain seasons compared to the old roadmaps ((especially with transport/covid issues).

On top of all these rumors we should get a glimpse soon anyway (maybe with the January 1st video if there is one ?) for Gloomspite Gitz and the incarnate spider. From there we can definitely give credit to this information (I dare not think of all these COS kits... it would be so beautiful !).

16 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

This sounds too good to be true. Hopefully we can see some hints at this ahead of the release, which wouldn't be long too wait. 

I can believe a Gitmob hero on Snarlfang with how GSG synergies work, but I'm 50/50 on whether the Chariot is real. Unless Snarlfangs get lumped in with Spiderfang heroes/buffs somehow. Like I could see one of those faction versus faction battle boxes with a Gitmob hero, 10 Snarlfangs, and some Fellwaters or something.

• Like 2

I can’t believe that list because I really want Kroxigors. I also can’t imagine Seraphon not getting a new Slann, I really like the finecast model. But a Plastic is surely long over due. 

I’m ready for Grave Guard. I’m also ready for a new Krell. Thanks for tidbits and hype folks 👍❤️

• Like 2