The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Any speculation on what will be in the starter boxes? 

Not sure I'll be trying to get a dominion box.

Almost certainly one box with 5 vindictors, 10 Hobgrotz or gutrippas and one hero for each faction for £32.50. A bigger box with 10 Hobgrotz and 10 gutrippas, 5 vindictors, 3 preators and whichever heroes aren't in the other box for £65.  A third box with exactly the same contents plus some scenery for £105

The Stormcast big sprue has Yndrasta, 3 annihilators and the vexillor. The Kruleboyz big sprue has the big monster the murknob and the boltboyz. These will be sold individually at a very high price. 

This is pretty easy to guess by looking at the sprue breakdowns and comparing to the 40k starter boxes. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Any speculation on what will be in the starter boxes? 

Not sure I'll be trying to get a dominion box.

Yndrasta, the Anihilators, and the Knight-Vexillor are all on one sprue, as are the Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof, Murknob, and Boltboyz. These will probably be dropped from the starter sets and sold as Webstore-exclusive sets at a big markup, like the command frames from Indomitus.

I’d bet on the following starters:

$40 Starter with the Knight-Incantor, 5 Vindictors, Killaboss with Stab-grot, and 10 Gutrippaz.

$90 Starter with the Lord-Imperatant, 5 Vindictors, 3 Praetors, Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-Grot, 10 Gutrippaz, and 10 Hobgrots.

$160 Starter with the same minis as the $90 Starter, plus terrain and cardboard playmat.

The Gutrippaz and Hobgrots might be reversed, but this puts a battleline option in all the sets.

All prices are USD, reference the price of the 9e 40K starters in your local currency for conversion to Euros, Moose Money, or Good Boy Points.

Edited by EnumaEilish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jator said:

I like that they're not slaves to the duardin, and yet have a relationship that kind of mirrors what they had in the Old World. Hope there is some kind of hobgrot hero!.

It does sound like they're not slaves: “lending their services”, “serve as intermediaries”, skimming a bit off the top in a tolerated fashion, swindling the shoddiest gear off their “paymasters”. In WHFB the chaos dwarves treated hobgoblins as

eminently suitable lackeys and disposable minions - in particular as slave masters, overseers, tribute-collectors, and even when pressed, as warriors.

so this sounds fairly similar. Frankly it might even suggest more freedom, that they can swindle the shoddiest gear off their “paymasters” and can join up with the Kruelboyz for their own raids. More like privileged (if untrustworthy) mercenaries and spivs for these AoS chaos dwarfs rather than a captive semi-slave class for the Dawi-Zharr.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

It's like this company just does not want to sell their own product sometimes...

Preorder day expectations is mostly just a lot of frustration and disappointment at this point, although I would love to be proven wrong.

Just the opposite. They do want to sell their own product. What they don't want is for 3rd party retailers to sell much of it because GW makes more money if you buy direct from GW. 

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Almost certainly one box with 5 vindictors, 10 Hobgrotz or gutrippas and one hero for each faction for £32.50. A bigger box with 10 Hobgrotz and 10 gutrippas, 5 vindictors, 3 preators and whichever heroes aren't in the other box for £65.  A third box with exactly the same contents plus some scenery for £105

The Stormcast big sprue has Yndrasta, 3 annihilators and the vexillor. The Kruleboyz big sprue has the big monster the murknob and the boltboyz. These will be sold individually at a very high price. 

This is pretty easy to guess by looking at the sprue breakdowns and comparing to the 40k starter boxes. 

Thanks, I hadn't seen any unboxing videos yet, or the sprue layouts, I have Indomitus and thought they would go the same route with 2 large sprues unique to Dominion (at least initially).

14 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

$90 Starter with the Lord-Imperatant, 5 Vindictors, 3 Praetors, Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-Grot, 10 Gutrippaz, and 10 Hobgrots.

This is the one I'd go for personally, a nice mix of units that could have multiple uses. Love the shaman and pot stirrer!

Forewarning - looks like stock is softcapped at around 50 a store. 

If I remember correctly, that's under the cap that Indomitus was at. If I'm remembering correctly, Indomitus was capped at around ~100 or so a store.

Seeing a few FLGS and stockists note its only a softcap, and it being possible potentially more will arrive.

If it's anything, I managed to grab an Indomitus box just a few weeks ago in March that had been sat on a local store's shelf - so it might be that it's not the end of the world - but I'd be ready as early as possible on Saturday to make sure you can grab one...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

If it's anything, I managed to grab an Indomitus box just a few weeks ago in March that had been sat on a local store's shelf - so it might be that it's not the end of the world

Same as that, I only got Indomitus in March. I'd check local/smaller stores if you miss out on the pre-order, GW may sell out quickly and the smaller shops may be left hanging on to stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Before Lockdown vs After Lockdown

3dfdec21d39343d5c5edd6bcf3c26c26_14.png

When you get lockdowned at the gym for them gains! :D

The Vindictor's simple warscroll makes me relieved they're not a must take powerhouse with multiple abilities like Sequitors were. It's much easier to run Liberators & Vindictors(and even throw in the Vanguard rangers) together as infantry that can support eachother and give the enemy a nasty zap when they all reforge.

Hopping back to an older topic, I hope Dawncrusaders have some update goodies for Fyreslayers like their article hinted at. Them, Azyrites and Daughters working together would fit the Avatar-Gotrek & Maleneth partnership as she's both a khainite & Order of Azyr,  fit with the Fyreslayers lore of them getting along with the Ulgu races

"Caengan - Long ago, the Caengan lodge settled in the Realm of Ulgu seeking hidden ur-gold in the mists. Forming pacts with the Shadowkin in clandestine wars, the lodge has learned the subtle ways of battle from the Shroudling Kings."

And besides looking for Ur-gold on the dawner expeditions they can also look for more lost feral lodges in Ghur which is 3.0's main focus.

"The Wild Lodges - Tales of Fyreslayers living in the Vanishing Wilds of Ghur tell of feral duardin daubed in molten metal. Several Runesons of Aqshy rode out to find these lost brothers, but so far none have returned"

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

When you get lockdowned at the gym for them gains! :D

The Vindictor's simple warscroll makes me relieved they're not a must take powerhouse with multiple abilities like Sequitors were. It's much easier to run Liberators & Vindictors(and even throw in the Vanguard rangers) together as infantry that can support eachother and give the enemy a nasty zap when they all reforge.

Hopping back to an older topic, I hope Dawncrusaders have some update goodies for Fyreslayers like their article hinted at. Them, Azyrites and Daughters working together would fit the Avatar-Gotrek & Maleneth partnership as she's both a khainite & Order of Azyr,  fit with the Fyreslayers lore of them getting along with the Ulgu races

"Caengan - Long ago, the Caengan lodge settled in the Realm of Ulgu seeking hidden ur-gold in the mists. Forming pacts with the Shadowkin in clandestine wars, the lodge has learned the subtle ways of battle from the Shroudling Kings."

And besides looking for Ur-gold on the dawner expeditions they can also look for more lost feral lodges in Ghur which is 3.0's main focus.

"The Wild Lodges - Tales of Fyreslayers living in the Vanishing Wilds of Ghur tell of feral duardin daubed in molten metal. Several Runesons of Aqshy rode out to find these lost brothers, but so far none have returned"

I'd love a updated CoS Soup which allows to draw from every Order Faction (with restrictions concerning which faction can come along with which other factions ofc)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brakh said:

Just watched GMG report

Hide contents

New SCE got has been almost tabled while did completly nothing :D
Yes I know that point cost for KO was still based on 2.0 and they did few mistakes related to CA frequency but geez the power gap was huge!

Hide contents

Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station Ironclad 

Edited by King Under the Mountain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

As i said before,mathammer show how new stormcast battleline is overcosted by 40% and other units 20% 

New stormcast battleline have almost the same stats than my longbeards that have many options of auras and cost 100. Even with the new increase as we have seen nothing have increased more than 20% 

New stormcast battleline cost is 100, with new increase 120 max,140 is waaaaaay overcosted and they are useless

3 minutes ago, Doko said:

As i said before,mathammer show how new stormcast battleline is overcosted by 40% and other units 20% 

New stormcast battleline have almost the same stats than my longbeards that have many options of auras and cost 100. Even with the new increase as we have seen nothing have increased more than 20% 

New stormcast battleline cost is 100, with new increase 120 max,140 is waaaaaay overcosted and they are useless

How do you know what is or isn't overcosted without the new GHB? 

Point costs for every army are changing...

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

As i said we know the new points of two top tier armys as are dok and idoneths and are getting 10\15% increases.

So if the top armys only get 15% i guess if gw know the meaning if balance(that we know they dont know it) the other lower tier armys gonna get 10% increases

6 minutes ago, Fuxxx said:

Say, wasn't there something about the store kicking you out after 10 minutes? Or do I just imagine things? In that case 9:50 would be better than 9:30 or something for getting a box...

If you’re there before 10 you get put in the queue randomly, anyone after 10 gets added on the queue in order. The 10 minutes is once you get through the queue onto the store. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Still-young said:

If you’re there before 10 you get put in the queue randomly, anyone after 10 gets added on the queue in order. The 10 minutes is once you get through the queue onto the store. 

Do you know where the randomisation was confirmed? I heard this a couple of times but couldn't find proof. I did find that queue is hugely exploitable, and its even more so if the the pre-10 is randomised. You can basically hang on to your spot after the ten mins even if its not randomised, its an awful system tbh and doesn't need any fancy software/vpns/etc to do so.

3 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

Do you know where the randomisation was confirmed? I heard this a couple of times but couldn't find proof. I did find that queue is hugely exploitable, and its even more so if the the pre-10 is randomised. You can basically hang on to your spot after the ten mins even if its not randomised, its an awful system tbh and doesn't need any fancy software/vpns/etc to do so.

It was on the queue page. 

014925F0-6B85-443A-A3B4-4A4F39C3E29A.png

Edited by Still-young
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Still-young said:

It was on the queue page. 

014925F0-6B85-443A-A3B4-4A4F39C3E29A.png

Perfect- thank you. I had someone tell me that it wasn't randomised and by the time I could check it the preorder rush had ended and the store was back to normal.

That's even worse news then. I'm certainly not even going to try and buy a copy, the queues will be insanely massive, there will be more traffic than ever. The randomisation makes its even more likely that even 'regular' folk will exploit the system. Its totally ridiculous at this point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

We are getting some actual battle reports with 3.0 rules:

Dark Artisan and Guerrilla Miniature Games are both wonderful content creators so I am pleased to see them getting these batreps out and I am happy to share that love here. Sadly I will not be able to watch either until much later tonight as I am thankfully starting a new job today.

Congrats on the new job mate hope all goes well!!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm a little surprised we have yet to see concrete leaks/info from the new GHB, to be honest. I wonder if GW just didn't send copies of that out to review sites yet?

Dominion was sent out early so people could paint the models, but GHB 2021 is just a book so it won't have the same kind of lead time