The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

In regards to the Kruelboyz we still arent sure if they are getting their own Battletome or bundled into Warclans. If they are bundled then obviously Warclans will be one of the two first Battletomes for 3.0 but if they are their own time then surely Warclans cant be that far behind them? 

If they are separate perhaps it gives more hope for Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz to get their own new releases.

They've mentioned Warclans too often for it to have been a mistake I think, since if they were separate they'd have exclusively been referring to them as 'Orruks' rather than using the Warclans part. Usually if they tongue slip and people jump on (for example) "NEW WARCLANS TOME CONFIRMED???" they get harassed on Twitter/FB until they admit it was a mistake. I definitely would put money on Orruk Warclans 2.0 coming very soon.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Completely disagree. 240 for 6 Anihilators... 

Seems fine to me.

Their mortal wound abilities don't scale up with unit size, Blazing Impact only does D3 mortal wounds once per game, and their 4" move means they will spend the rest of the battle fighting in the area they initially dropped in.

Annihilators are comparable to Retributors and Evocators, both of which are around 40ppm. Their 2+ save will make them useful for holding ground after dropping in on an objective and that's a good niche to have.

I usually don't like comparing units across armies, but Annihilators have a lot of similarities with Hearthguard Berzerkers. Both units have a 4" move but can deep strike into battle. A unit of 10 HBs is 240 points with effectively 40 wounds (assuming a hero is nearby, which is a fair assumption) on a 5+ save with multiple ways to gain save bonuses, compared to Annihilators at 18 wounds with a 2+ save.

It's not a perfect comparison since we haven't seen the new rules or the new Stormcast battletome, but in the context of 2nd edition I don't think it's crazy to think Annihilators should be at 120-140 per 3.

edit: Also worth mentioning that 1" attacks on 40mm bases greatly limits their damage output in the combat phase.

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I usually don't like comparing units across armies, but Annihilators have a lot of similarities with Hearthguard Berzerkers. Both units have a 4" move but can deep strike into battle. A unit of 10 HBs is 240 points with effectively 40 wounds (assuming a hero is nearby, which is a fair assumption) on a 5+ save with multiple ways to gain save bonuses, compared to Annihilators at 18 wounds with a 2+ save.

I don't buy that.

You are comparing a new unit that is part of an Edition that seems to try to take down lethality with one of the most powerful melee units (in an army that has 3 non-hero units) of an Edition that everyone has some complains about it's lethality and power creep.

I mean, I could ask for 60 points skywardens causes nobody plays them, but that ain't good nor healthy for the game.

Instead, I hope that the most powerful units are tunned down a bit...

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

In regards to the Kruelboyz we still arent sure if they are getting their own Battletome or bundled into Warclans. If they are bundled then obviously Warclans will be one of the two first Battletomes for 3.0 but if they are their own time then surely Warclans cant be that far behind them? 

If they are separate perhaps it gives more hope for Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz to get their own new releases.

Another question is which Battletome will Kragnos be in? Or indeed will he ever be integrated into an army rather than just being a guy any Destruction force can take, but with no synergies. 

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

I don't buy that.

You are comparing a new unit that is part of an Edition that seems to try to take down lethality with one of the most powerful melee unit (in an army that has 3 non-hero units) of an Edition that everyone has some complains about lethality and power creep.

I mean, I could ask for 60 points skywardens causes nobody plays them, but that ain't good nor healthy for the game.

Instead, I hope that the most powerful units are tunned down a bit...

You've totally missed my point. I'm strongly in favour of making the game less lethal in 3rd edition, but in the context of 2nd edition I think 120-140 is a fair price for 3 Annihilators. At that price they would still be a worse choice than Evocators for damage output, but their armor save would give them an interesting niche in the army.

Above 140 for 3 they would be even less useful than Retributors, which are currently unplayable.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

You've totally missed my point. I'm strongly in favour of making the game less lethal in 3rd edition, but in the context of 2nd edition I think 120-140 is a fair price for 3 Annihilators. At that price they would still be a worse choice than Evocators for damage output, but their armor save would give them an interesting niche in the army.

Above 140 for 3 they would be even less useful than Retributors, which are currently unplayable.

100% right

9 hours ago, Third said:

Happy that you, to my knowledge, are not in charge of deciding point values for this game 👍

Its called mathhammer and maths is math and never lie

Every unit have a point cost for damage done and efective wounds and a unit with the 8,8 damage and efective wounds of this stormcast unit must cost as i said 140\150 haters can say random nmbers but the math is absolute and dont lie even if gw usually ignore it(as pink horrors or  almost every seraphon unit)

Edited by Doko
  • Like 1

Blades of Khorne are getting a new kit for the Khorgoraths, lots of options and poses.

AoS year of the Beast and all that.

oh and a new Lord of Khorne on Exalted Juggernaut, which is larger than the existing juggernaut.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

You are right. I missed the point, I was mostly talking about 3.0 edition.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Blades of Khorne are getting a new kit for the Khorgoraths, lots of options and poses.

AoS year of the Beast and all that.

oh and a new Lord of Khorne on Exalted Juggernaut, which is larger than the existing juggernaut.

source?

11 minutes ago, Feii said:

source?

Oh.. absolutely none whatseover...  Cheered me up thinking about it though... and distracting me from the banality of how many points annihiliators are.

just a vicious rumour.   That said at the dawn of AoS, the standalone Khorgorath was already being designed so never say never on that one, but other than that...  treat as reliable as an evil BoLs clickbait.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
This post was brought to you curtesy of a warm fuzzy khorne like feeling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I still feel like Endless spells are not for me, something about spending money on a model that a) needs to be cast, b) costs points c) can be used against me. I really like some of the models but they overall seem like more of an investment than I am willing to spend. I still might get them one day for hobby purposes, and then I would feel inclined to try them out. But for now they are a bridge to far. I do like the buffs towards priests and will use #blessed to annoy opponents every turn.

Finally and most importantly we are left with the statement, "check back here tomorrow for even more magic, as we give you the scoop on the showdown between the Wizards in Dominion". Does this mean we will learn some more facts about Potgrot? I am clearly much more inclined towards familiars and assistants than I am endless spells.

Swampcalla-Shaman-and-Pot-grot.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I see they've finally gone back to using "ward" for their save terminology. Maybe now we can stop wasting text space with "roll a dice if they suffer a wound or mortal wound, on a X+ it is negated."

Most people call in a FNP or a death save or a ward save anyway. 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They've mentioned Warclans too often for it to have been a mistake I think, since if they were separate they'd have exclusively been referring to them as 'Orruks' rather than using the Warclans part. Usually if they tongue slip and people jump on (for example) "NEW WARCLANS TOME CONFIRMED???" they get harassed on Twitter/FB until they admit it was a mistake. I definitely would put money on Orruk Warclans 2.0 coming very soon.

Yeah I'm more of the opinion that they're straight up Warclans. Hopefully with them Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz at least get a model or two.

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Yeah I'm more of the opinion that they're straight up Warclans. Hopefully with them Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz at least get a model or two.

I’m hoping they can all be played together easier then the current Big Waagh

6 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Yeah. Humor. Reducing the creative efforts of a team of people who work hard to bring us joy to nothing more than an offhand slang that insults people in the real world. Got it. Humor.

Not my brand of humour either I agree. Just pointing out he was referring to the Annihilators like the others over the previous posts and you weren’t missing out on being part of an ‘in crowd’ that you seemed worried about. 👍

1 hour ago, Doko said:

Its called mathhammer and maths is math and never lie

Every unit have a point cost for damage done and efective wounds and a unit with the 8,8 damage and efective wounds of this stormcast unit must cost as i said 140\150 haters can say random nmbers but the math is absolute and dont lie even if gw usually ignore it(as pink horrors or  almost every seraphon unit)

Math doesn't lie, but it doesn't acknowledge context either. Critical thinking is a separate skill from mathematical expertise, and both are needed to balance a unit around the actual game at the table.

I think those anahilators will do 200p.
To be honest, if they fall in front of units that don't have MW, can you kill them quickly?

The annihilator will force soldiers with MW and make them unable to move prematurely.

Also, let's assume that the anahilators drops next to the  buffers at the base

Most of the heroes have 4save and  5wound

Can they survive until the MW dealer fighting from the front return?

We have no way to catch 4+save (+6) hero other than live from them. (Even if it's a double turn?)

To prevent this, if the enemy forces some of the enemy units to leave behind to prevent deep strikes, I think the value of anahilators is enough.

Edited by WHYGW

3 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

When would people expect us to start seeing any additional new models for the Dominus factions? 

The models announced alongside indomitus came out in September, alongside the codices for the Necrons and the Space Marines. Hopefully there's less delay between the edition launch and the full codexes this time around.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WHYGW said:

Also, let's assume that the annealer drops next to the Khorne buffers at the base

Most of the Khorne mortal heroes have 4+ / 3+/ 0 to 1 rend, / 1 Damage.

Can they survive until the skullreapers fighting from the front return?

This proves they can kill a 100 pts buff piece left completely unguarded for some reason, and this only 50% of the time (they need to make that charge when coming down), because if they fail that charge they are not even fast enough to catch up if the priest moves away

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

EDIT--

GW isn't that efficient. Kruelboys will get their own battletome. GW isnt going to miss out on that revenue stream.  

My bet is the only reason kruelboys can be used in Orruk warclans is the ORRUK keyword lets them get used in the "Big Waaagh!!!". Thats it. Like greenskins, you can include them, but you use the existing Warclans battletome.

As the entire "Big Waaagh! rules only consist of TWO PAGES in the Orruk Warclans book, another likely scenario is the Big WAAGH!" rules get updated and reprinted INSIDE the new Kruelboys Battletome,.  Forcing all the ironjaws and bonesplitters players to buy the $40 Kruelboys battletome for the two pages updated Big Waagh! rules. Welcome to GW's sales strategies. 

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1