Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

Guys I'm sorry I'm not letting this go, we need to talk about this.

IMG_20200418_223342.jpg

You mean "how will he draw those crossbows"?

The clothing is somewhat modest for the faction. That can't be it.

I want to see someone convert one of these new Gargants to be wearing full plate armor, a shield and a warhammer. Then use it as an ally for a Cities of Sigmar army. That would be absolutely glorious.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, 123lac said:

I want to see someone convert one of these new Gargants to be wearing full plate armor, a shield and a warhammer. Then use it as an ally for a Cities of Sigmar army. That would be absolutely glorious.

I'd love to see this. 

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

They are confirmed to be Destruction Alliance!! Nothing more Destruction than rampaging Gargants!!

Nice! Now the Gargants join our ranks! 

• Like 1

I think we can fully confirm that this particular aelf is compensating for something.

not sure if it was mention yet but I noticed that they have different weapon option in the video compare to the ones on the page

411091227_kaine2.JPG.550fe5a46980452b97bde64ee6bf81a8.JPG

khaine.JPG.f2feafe4f76974075060b85ebbbb957a.JPG

• Like 8

6 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I'm seeing some folks suggesting that this latest Lumineth model is the last reveal for the "current" release and we won't see more for at least a year or two, while others are suggesting that there may be more kits coming. Is any of this evidence based or is it all speculation?

As someone who said it sounded like this is it. It’s just speculation based on several things: 

• Mainly the preview yesterday. At one point they said “we have seen the models”, “just want the Lumineth to come out now”, to a very specific question about if there is more. 
  • They haven’t shown or hinted at anything else that we haven’t seen yet. Before we always had a glimpse of something else. That hasn’t happened since around a month now or so , when we first saw Scinari Cathaller
  • All the rumour engines clearly connected to the Lumineth have been revealed now

I personally hope though there is more. As mentioned by people above, the kit would be small, and not only that, it would miss out quite a lot of options (war machine, flying monsters, flying skirmish units, generic hero on a mount). 

Besides that, you can argue that there are still one or two rumour engines out which could be linked to the Lumineth, and in the background of one of the photos we might have seen an endless spell. 

Above all, GW hasn’t confirmed or denied that this is the full range, and some people interpreted the conversation yesterday exactly opposite to how I understood it (as more of a proof that there is more to come). 

So there is no real evidence either way. The lowdown tomorrow (if there is one) could already make all this obsolete. 

34 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

As someone who said it sounded like this is it. It’s just speculation based on several things: 

• Mainly the preview yesterday. At one point they said “we have seen the models”, “just want the Lumineth to come out now”, to a very specific question about if there is more. 
  • They haven’t shown or hinted at anything else that we haven’t seen yet. Before we always had a glimpse of something else. That hasn’t happened since around a month now or so , when we first saw Scinari Cathaller
  • All the rumour engines clearly connected to the Lumineth have been revealed now

I personally hope though there is more. As mentioned by people above, the kit would be small, and not only that, it would miss out quite a lot of options (war machine, flying monsters, flying skirmish units, generic hero on a mount). 

Besides that, you can argue that there are still one or two rumour engines out which could be linked to the Lumineth, and in the background of one of the photos we might have seen an endless spell. 

Above all, GW hasn’t confirmed or denied that this is the full range, and some people interpreted the conversation yesterday exactly opposite to how I understood it (as more of a proof that there is more to come). 

So there is no real evidence either way. The lowdown tomorrow (if there is one) could already make all this obsolete. 

then again there was that full pan shot they did of the whole army on the battle cow gameshow video and it had every unit reveal so far along with Scinair Cathailer.

it that video was meant for Adepticon and realmlord should have been release by now, that could just be the whole range right there. I doubt they had time to edit that video to hid more units for the online preview

Yup, for me that was included in "we have seen everything that has been hinted at so far" (the picture is somewhat cut off, so it's possible there are still a few things left though, like endless spells or something. That's something they could have done even with the time restraints). It would have made total sense if all those three previews were meant to be together at Adpeticon, that at that time - they showed us the rest of the range, including the Mountain Spirit as the big surprise, and then promote the starter box which they'd have released soon thereafter. 

But it's still speculation, because it hasn't been confirmed by them yet. Right now I personally think we have seen everything for this release (besides maybe endless spells), but it's still only speculation on both sides. I hope there is more though, lol. 

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I believe they stated on the stream it was a full 10 member Warband and this was just a fraction of them.

Cool. Didn’t watch the stream, just not ideal time in Australia. 

Speculation on the rules for these mega gargants?

Will they be characters that can take artifacts and warlord traits?

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

So this Black Library banner definitely had the Warstomper on it didnt it? Is this the Battletome cover or a Black Library novel coming soon?

EV43TG8XgAAmzlh.jpeg

kuJN2ERAT8HIR5cdcLENoPv8XYrqt4OZvInQdB9T9yg.jpg

Just curious as to why this guy has a Khorne icon? 

I guess because they guy who had it before doesn’t need it anymore. Currently being a bloody metal speck on the ground somewhere. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'd love to see this. 

Like this but supersized 😍

order gargant.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, JangutzKhan said:

Just curious as to why this guy has a Khorne icon? 

It looks to be a trophy in the form of a rather large shield. There is mixed iconography strapped to most of these guys. I do hope that there is enough of such pieces to help these giants fit into various factions. But at this point it seems pretty extraneous to the giants lore. 

• Like 1

I did just think how to get more bang for your mega-gargant buck.

build 1 as normal, simple enough.

then as they can be allied in to any army, you take, say the arms and head of the fishy one with the boat on his head and tentacles etc and you make his base look like the ocean and you have him surfacing out of the water with his head rising out the waves and an arm poking up through the surf.

there’s your Idoneth allied Gargant.

then pull the same trick with the 3rd head appearing out of a lava or swamp or whatever base and you have a ready made Nurgle, Fyreslayer, delete as appropriate, bonus Gargant.

3 mega-gargants for the price of one... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt Lumineth are finished - they would make a full reveal videa/shot I think and I doubt they are not getting"

- endless spells 

- terrain 

Every big release since Nighthaunt/SCE had endless spells and/or terrain. Only Cities and Warcalns didn't. 

Also 10 Warscrolls would single smallest release for AoS.

OBR had 14 Warscrolls (not inluding Nagash, arkhan and Achai) and Deepkin had 13.  Even tiny factions like Fyreslayers (16 Warscrolls) and KO (13) had more. That's not including terrain/endless spells 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I am not sure right now.

I like the range but with this low model count I would definitely not start this army as for me this is not enough variation.

A Gargant as an ally is smart though. I will definitely buy one or two models.

Edited by rosa

6 hours ago, novakai said:

not sure if it was mention yet but I noticed that they have different weapon option in the video compare to the ones on the page

411091227_kaine2.JPG.550fe5a46980452b97bde64ee6bf81a8.JPG

khaine.JPG.f2feafe4f76974075060b85ebbbb957a.JPG

Well spotted!

Aren't the Lumineth supposed to have representative of all four elements? We didn't see their Zenith/River/Wind heroes/mages/avatars yet.

I would assume GW still has some irons in the fire left. After Preview 2 they said they are just halfways through. They will just keep the last load for a later point as they seem less confident on when they will be able to pick up business again. Thus is why I understand why there won´t be another Preview this month.

I have to admit that I don´t like the Gargants, the proportions look somehow weird and goofy to me. Nevertheless I like the high details and am eager to play against them! Meanwhile also the Warcry Warband looks fabolous. Looks like a big DoK overhaul may be possible in futute as the video clearly marks them a DoK Band, nevertheless the design is completly new. Notice also the role of male models in this faction. Maybe the Malekith/Malerion Ealfs will be merged with DoK?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

I doubt Lumineth are finished - they would make a full reveal videa/shot I think and I doubt they are not getting"

- endless spells 

- terrain 

Every big release since Nighthaunt/SCE had endless spells and/or terrain. Only Cities and Warcalns didn't. 

Also 10 Warscrolls would single smallest release for AoS.

OBR had 14 Warscrolls (not inluding Nagash, arkhan and Achai) and Deepkin had 13.  Even tiny factions like Fyreslayers (16 Warscrolls) and KO (13) had more. That's not including terrain/endless spells 

You are assuming a lot here:

1.  We don't know how many warscrolls they are going to have (remember that diferent bits in the same kit can be new warscrolls too).
  2. Kharadrons Overlords doens't have Endless Spells nor Terrain (and 12 warscrolls I believe).
  3. Where is the rule that says that GW can't release a model line with less than 12 warscrolls? Ironjawz had 8 or 9 warscrolls when they were released, and Sons of Behemat will have 2 kits that I'm assuming will not reach the 11-12 warscrolls-mark that we are talking about.

I'm not saying that you are wrong (nobody knows btw) but I can see both options: a first release with miniatures that  we already saw or that they are just waiting for the quarantine to go off and make the release a bit more shiny with new models.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the Lumineth but in realistically thinking this will be it for the Sons for now. I believe the Battletome will come with the option to designate a Mega Gargant as either King Brodd or a Leader and then in a year os so they can drop the Kit for them as the Warscroll will already exist.

11 hours ago, 123lac said:

I think we're going to see a lot of themed giants. I know I'm planning on making a custom Bonereapers version that is pretty much a giant skeleton.

I don't really want a Sons army, but I'm excited to see them on tables and to see what they inspire.

• Like 1

I love brainstorming new ideas with new models, love seeing everyone's plans.

Wonder what the top half of a Mega Gargant with the body of a Stardrake would look like. Super Mega Awesome Dragon Ogor Destroyer!!

• Like 3