The Rumour Thread

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/29/why-you-need-to-read-wrath-of-the-everchosengw-homepage-post-1/

Archaon has been somewhat missing during recent events in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar storyline, but he’s been busy! In order to dominate the Eight Realms, he needs to unite the Dark Gods once and for all, and there’s one who’s been conspicuously absent… The Everchosen believes he’s discovered the location of Slaanesh and is endeavouring to free the Prince of Pleasure when he receives a vision of the Varanspire aflame.

We now know what Archaon been up to, looking for Slaanesh (maybe he wants to complete Droghar). I wonder if him getting close is what brought the Lumineth out hiding.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harpo2 said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/29/why-you-need-to-read-wrath-of-the-everchosengw-homepage-post-1/

We now know what Archaon been up to, looking for Slaanesh (maybe he wants to complete Droghar). I wonder if him getting close is what brought the Lumineth out hiding.

That'd be cool, but I'd have too wonder if he could fight that war on two fronts. With Katakros marching on the all points, i'd imagine marching on Hyish would have to strain even his hosts thin.

Would love it if we saw geographical changes too the power maps. Perhaps Death will take the All-points, but I suppose it's unlikely considering how warcry is set.

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

Well, Giants are usually portrayed in a rather negative way (from Warhammer to DnD to movies); something new would be to make them smart and sophisticated like their ancestors supposedly were.... would be funny to see them in GA: Order.

I'm sure Damon Lindelof and JJ Abrams are taking notes - such an unnecessary twist could be turned into a franchise! 

So you're saying GW will at the last minute scribble "ORDER" over every Gargant warscroll and just before the books go to the press have it added that Behemat was Sigmar's son, then deny that they hadn't planned it until literally a month before release and then panic and pull out supplementary material such as novels that must have featured the original reveal?

My expectations would be subverted!

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2020 at 6:25 PM, chyortskazal said:

Even if grotbag scuttlers are coming I dont see why their sky ships would still have barnacles/kelp on them.

may I point you to the left ships :D 
also the difference with the ships on the right, but I doubt the Grotbag scuttlers clean their ships. All that said. I don't feel it fits either but nog because of the barnacles. 

image.png.cbb824d9e86ff068f768d88106b0c30e.png

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

may I point you to the left ships :D 
also the difference with the ships on the right, but I doubt the Grotbag scuttlers clean their ships. All that said. I don't feel it fits either but nog because of the barnacles. 

image.png.cbb824d9e86ff068f768d88106b0c30e.png

It's clearly a ship a new Gargant model uses to pound enemies to submission.

The Gargant just came from a beach holiday in Aqshy where he acquired his new weapon, hence the barnacles.

Would love it if we saw geographical changes too the power maps. Perhaps Death will take the All-points, but I suppose it's unlikely considering how warcry is set.

Could make a new season of Warcry, like how Underwords has gone from Shyish to Ghur with Beastgrave. I think it is too soon for that though, but I don't think Warcry sets in stone that chaos has to hold the Allpoints.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FireAbend said:

'Speaking of events in Germany, we have some folk at the Nuremberg Toy Fair – and we’ll be back later today with some news from the show on upcoming boxed games and expansions, so stay tuned!'

Did we have something revealed but not released in the boxed games section?  Or can we expect something new?

it was just new Aeronatica and Titanicus bits and bobs then...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/29/new-reveals-from-nuremberggw-homepage-post-1/

• Sad 3

21 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

So you're saying GW will at the last minute scribble "ORDER" over every Gargant warscroll and just before the books go to the press have it added that Behemat was Sigmar's son, then deny that they hadn't planned it until literally a month before release and then panic and pull out supplementary material such as novels that must have featured the original reveal?

My expectations would be subverted!

The possibilities of what they have planned are endless and not for mere mortals (them included) to know! Rest assured that any reader of the new battletome will find plotholes and logical errors in a matter of minutes however. If the giants are accompanied by other creatures that we thought we knew they'll greatly expand on their lore as well, fully disregarding everything that came before in a stroke of Hollywood genius!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MitGas said:

Well, Giants are usually portrayed in a rather negative way (from Warhammer to DnD to movies); something new would be to make them smart and sophisticated like their ancestors supposedly were.... would be funny to see them in GA: Order.

I'm sure Damon Lindelof and JJ Abrams are taking notes - such an unnecessary twist could be turned into a franchise! 

As much as I would love that, I think many of the ogor-like rumour engines are bits and pieces of the gargants. So i doubt they could fall under Order.

9 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

That is a Witch Aelf right? in Underworlds. Is this a DOK underworld's warband tease? And where is this image from it can't find it anywhere else but reddit?

They've been in Beastgrave's 'generic card' art since it released, along with the FEC, Ogre Hunter, Maggotkin and (presumably) Bonesplitters.

Since the Hunter/Maggotkin are next that leaves the DoK/Bonesplitters.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Ironjawz already has a warband. I don't think their range is really deep enough to justify another. 

I wouldn't think so either, but the card art we have shows at least two different IJ Brutes and one possible wildcard Orc. (Beefy Bare Chested Orc that could be pretty much anything, but still likely Ironjawz. )

Edited by madmac

50 minutes ago, madmac said:

I wouldn't think so either, but the card art we have shows at least two different IJ Brutes and one possible wildcard Orc. (Beefy Bare Chested Orc that could be pretty much anything, but still likely Ironjawz. )

Yeah, the bare chested orruk has a skull mask that makes one think of a new wardokk sculpt, but the skull is an exact copy of the skull pauldron decorations in the ironjawz brutes and gore-grunta kits. 

check out the destruction forums, there’s a bunch of really long speculation threads there. Seems most people leaning towards ironjawz or mixed Orruk warclans based on the card art

On 1/28/2020 at 11:19 AM, xking said:

Does anyone know what happened to Josef Bugman during the end times? did he die? 

Sat in a low ceilinged bar somewhere underground. Feet up by the fire smoking a pipe and quaffing an ale while listening to Malakai Makaisson argue with Ungrim and Belegar. 

• Like 1