The Rumour Thread

They have one multipart batallion... which costs 3250-ish points to field. No artefacts nor alleigance abilities. Granted, our destruction abilities are fairly good but there's a few buffs that need tweaking, plus add flair to our army. ALL our generic leaders have some kind of issue: warchanters only buff during your turn, megabosses can fail their skill, shamans can hurt themselves and have extremely demanding spells (I'd say knock them a point or two in difficulty).

I mean, it's telling that ALL Ironjaw lists at 1k points have this lay-out:

Megaboss+battlebrew

Warchanter+battlebrew.

Ironfist.

1-2 brutes. (Either 1 or two)

2-3 ardoyz. (Either three or two)

Which is fine and dandy for me, I like my ironfists, but I'd like to have more variety at all point levels. 

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, shinros said:

In my opinion death works better as a grand alliance than single dedicated factions, the issue if we go that route you run into problems where you can't take the mortarch's since it would break the army allegiance. Imagine nagash, neferata or manny decided to take some skeleton's or zombies suddenly they have forgotten all their spells. 

The necromancer cannot take skeletons in the army anymore without breaking the book and you will miss out on his nice synergistic spell hence why dedicated faction tomes won't work in my opinion. 

Just like chaos or even dedicated they work well by picking things from the various forces, hence why I believe the new style of tome would work for them best. Since it would make all death players happy. As Haunts said I would prefer a "hordes of nagash" style of book as he said. 

Since fluff wise death has a somewhat clear hierarchy and leadership compared to the other factions, being death and all that. 

Agree 100%

Thats why i think that perhaps categorizing there should be a clear caterorgization between the "minion" models and "Overlord" ones.

Skelies, Zombies, Dire wolves, Black Knights, Spirit hosts should all fall under a single category (I know they are all under death but i mean an additional one so we can keep the non necromancer summoned armies perhaps such as ghoul kings seperate) so that they can be included in any army not matter if its controlled by a vampire, Necromancer or God of death.

Also i just want to be careful we dont wander of the rumor topic to much i can feel those Mod eyes on me . . . . . .

Edited by KHHaunts

Re tomes to be redone - all pre GHB deserve it but realistically I think the following:

• Seraphon - you have the model count for it definitely. They may be in need of a greater redesign. They're also an old faction. Where there is less incentive to drum up a frenzy.
  • Ironjawz - They don't have the model count unless they're in a larger orruk tome and I think that is longer off (though maybe not?) Maybe with more models they'd work. If any were in the pipeline already - as with Stormcast - I think there's a good chance.
  • Fyreslayers - they don't have the model count unless they're in a larger duardin tome and I think both those are longer off (maybe not?) Maybe with more models they'd work. If any were in the pipeline already - as with Stormcast - I think there's a good chance.

You see I believe the redone tomes are all great reactionary work from GW. If there is a base in model form or a release soon, they can tie it all into a book (shorter turn around time than the models - I'm only guessing that ofc).

I was looking at Lizardmen...Seraphon last night, and noticed that the Saurus Warriors could use an update. Hopefully they have things planned for later, they could use a bit of revitalization with some of their older metal/finecast stuff.

• Like 1

Yes I was trying to get my daughter excited to paint some AoS stuff. She likes the Skinks, but she still prefers to paint Mouselings/Super Dungeon Explore stuff.

Anyone else refreshing TGA/Warhammer Community Site constantly for more Khardadran Overlords info? I'm lucky it's a slow morning at work...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Lavy said:

Where are said rumors about nurgle beastmen? 

I can check later for the cite, but Atia said on her blog something to the effect of "you are going to love the new Nurgle beastmen." It's also been in various rumor discussions on bolterandchainsword. 

7 hours ago, Aryann said:

I expect they will "only" reveal Shadowspire at Adepticon. It seems to be a big thing for them, with planned expansions and they will give all the spotlight to that new game, without any distractions. Aelfs will be shown further in the year in my opinion. It is also to close to Duardin release. 

They said they're showing stuff some of which won't be out for almost a year. I don't think it'll just be Shadowspire.

1 hour ago, OlDirtyCosta said:

They dont have artefacts or allegience abilities.  They use the generic ones from the GHB.  They have battalions but not "wargrove" or "warrior chamber" types.  Also, going with the "new generation" of battletome they should have their own spell lists.  

1 hour ago, Dez said:

Ironjawz only have Destruction Alliance abilities/Artifacts.

Ah, OK, my bad. I agree then, Ironjawz should get the same treatment.

...it just sucks for the Ironjawz fans who just recently got their first battletome. If I was GW I would probably add the missing content by having a few pages that add this stuff available for free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

Re tomes to be redone - all pre GHB deserve it but realistically I think the following:

• Seraphon - you have the model count for it definitely. They may be in need of a greater redesign. They're also an old faction. Where there is less incentive to drum up a frenzy.
  • Ironjawz - They don't have the model count unless they're in a larger orruk tome and I think that is longer off (though maybe not?) Maybe with more models they'd work. If any were in the pipeline already - as with Stormcast - I think there's a good chance.
  • Fyreslayers - they don't have the model count unless they're in a larger duardin tome and I think both those are longer off (maybe not?) Maybe with more models they'd work. If any were in the pipeline already - as with Stormcast - I think there's a good chance.

You see I believe the redone tomes are all great reactionary work from GW. If there is a base in model form or a release soon, they can tie it all into a book (shorter turn around time than the models - I'm only guessing that ofc).

I suspect that we'll see a Nurgle combined tome later this year which rolls Clan Pestilens into a three-part Children of Nurgle force: Mortals, Daemons, and Clan Pestilens.  The plague priests will likely get Nurgle Prayers.  This fits right in line with their current design trajectory and remakes one of those prior tomes.  

I would not expect any beastmen with this tome, or any other models in general.

Edited by Thomas Lyons

7 hours ago, Aryann said:

I expect they will "only" reveal Shadowspire at Adepticon. It seems to be a big thing for them, with planned expansions and they will give all the spotlight to that new game, without any distractions. Aelfs will be shown further in the year in my opinion. It is also to close to Duardin release. 

They said they're showing stuff some of which won't be out for almost a year. I don't think it'll just be Shadowspire.

28 minutes ago, Aginor said:

...it just sucks for the Ironjawz fans who just recently got their first battletome. If I was GW I would probably add the missing content by having a few pages that add this stuff available for free.

Orks were the last codex in 40k before all the game changing Decurion formation stuff hit and Ironjawz were the last before the allegiance abilities, tricks and toys hit with Sylvaneth.

GW loves beating down greenskins, heh.

It's ok though, otherwise they'd just erase everyone else. ;)

20 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I suspect that we'll see a Nurgle combined tome later this year which rolls Clan Pestilens into a three-part Children of Nurgle force: Mortals, Daemons, and Clan Pestilens.  The plague priests will likely get Nurgle Prayers.  This fits right in line with their current design trajectory and remakes one of those prior tomes.  

They cannot make a Nurgle battletome without at the very least putting out a new Great Unclean One.

Khorne has one, Tzeentch just got one. Slaanesh is taking a nap, so they can wait. But Nurgle really really need a new Greater Daemon kit, plus they could bring out Ku'gath again as a special GUO :-)

2 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

They cannot make a Nurgle battletome without at the very least putting out a new Great Unclean One.

Khorne has one, Tzeentch just got one. Slaanesh is taking a nap, so they can wait. But Nurgle really really need a new Greater Daemon kit, plus they could bring out Ku'gath again as a special GUO :-)

Sure, this is a good point.  There have been some rumors of some 40k Nurgle later this year.  It might make sense for a new GUO with the 40k release (and maybe some beasts of Nurgle as well), and the Children of Nurgle combined AOS tome as a one week followup.  This seems like a very real possibility.

• Like 1

I definitely think Ironjawz and Fyreslayers will get battletomes.

I would like to see Flesh Eater Courts, Seraphon and Pestilens get new battletomes but I don't see it happening unless they are subsumed into wider books OR gw decide to release some new models for them.

FEC and Pestilens (Death and Skaven) could be essily subsumed into new bools but I can't see how Seraphon would fit into that.

I am not a Khorne player but nonetheless am VERY happy with the new battletome release. For me, this shows how reactive & nimble GW can be. Writing books and a few new abilities/spells/artefacts is a lot faster than producing models. GW has seen the feedback to the new battletomes (DoT and SEs) and is giving the people what they want...

Everybody and their grandma are asking for new models for their armies. Let's remember that GW has limited resources, and can only move so fast; the development cycle for new models must be longer than we would think (I would not be surprised to hear that it is 12-18 months).

Nonetheless, I have faith in GW and I am sure that their product roadmap includes releases for the most factions most in need. We've just had the duardins, we're expecting aelves and I am confident that Death is in the pipeline. 

3 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

And im am a death player so i do know how it feels. honestly am happy to just wait our turn.

That's the right attitude^_^

3 hours ago, shinros said:

In my opinion death works better as a grand alliance than single dedicated factions.

I 100% agree with this.

Therefore I would expect GW to be releasing this year a Battletome for Death. If not, then maybe it means that they are waiting for the release of upcoming(?) models to release all at once.

1 hour ago, Thomas Lyons said:

With or without new models, that would be pretty sweet...

• Like 1

Could very well only show shadespire still. relased pic of the box says 'core set' so they could show later sets and editions which are in the pipeline.... but I think there'll be more as well... just saying.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI U9508 med Tapatalk

10 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm pretty stoked for the new Khorne Battletome - it makes perfect sense and should hopefully bring people who play a pure Khorne list back into the fold.  I had a game yesterday against Stormcast and they're able to do quite a few nice new things, so keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get the same treatment.  I'm hoping we might get more warscroll changes than Stormcast did as I think there are more units that need clarifying or improving than the Stormcast did - hopefully we won't need to wait long to find out :)

I think the only thing that I went "oh" on was that there are no new models - I'm not meaning new units but more the models only in the starter set such as the Khorgorath and Bloodsecrator.  However GW have surprised us before and given us odd surprise releases.

Fully expect to see Nurgle out in the next few months as they could also be done using existing models.

I've always played pure khorne since Slaves to Darkness back in 3rd, so I'm super excited.

I really hope this battletome not only gives the obvious but also brings in more of the slaves to darkness faction as well, encompassing khorne as across the entire face of chaos. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Clans Pestilens aren't Nurgle-worshippers, they follow the Great Horned Rat (now ascended to Slaanesh's former place within the quartet of Chaos gods).

I'm aware they have the NURGLE keyword, I believe that's more for game-play reasons then thematic.

If Skaven get a new-style Battletome, it would makes sense for GW to chuck all the Clans into it - Verminus, Pestilens, Skryre, Moulder, Eshin, Masterclan...