The Rumour Thread

53 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Grombrindal model that is as good a priest as Gotrek is a fighter. And a LoftP-like duardin army in the next narrative campaign books, while the 'regular' factions remain separated as they have been so far. Would that work for people?

Oh, they could have Grombridal flanked by a Fyreslayer and Kharadron representative/bodyguard, like a runeson and captain. Make it reminiscent of the old anniversary model of Grombrindal with Gotrek and Bugman acting as his shield bearers.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Fixed Gotrek's name being autocorrected.
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

51 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

To get things more on a Seraphon wave. 

With the rules shown off for the Astrolith Bearer, do we think they're going to keep most units as they currently are in the Battletome? Do we have hope for prayers, new spell lores or overhaul of older kits?

I'm minorly concerned about the older stuff like terradons/ripperdactyls not getting any update and left on the shelf for another edition.

Things have been getting better saves and more damage and rend, the same as has been happening on the 40k side, but less dramatic. 

Seeing the Astrolith Bearer rules being basically the same does give me a hekkin concern, but if the points are adjusted, or if other things AROUND him are made better, then his bonuses will be quite potent. Especially with the way that damage spills over in AoS, even a 6+ ward can save quite a lot of damage out of a unit.

I'd definitely love for Ripperdactyls to become a little better. I'm a bit worried that the Raptadons will just do the job of the Ripper/Terras but better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

To get things more on a Seraphon wave. 

With the rules shown off for the Astrolith Bearer, do we think they're going to keep most units as they currently are in the Battletome? Do we have hope for prayers, new spell lores or overhaul of older kits?

I'm minorly concerned about the older stuff like terradons/ripperdactyls not getting any update and left on the shelf for another edition.

From my limited experience most of seraphon stuff currently is in a quite healthy place, so I think and even kinda hope it's just a few changes here and there instead of reinventing the wheel. Making saurus stronger/more resilient is almost a given at this point, tbh I think mostly units that get new models might get some changes. I just hope we get to keep thunder lizard in a way similar to how it currently is, they're my fave subfaction

• Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

Might just be me, but I did feel the lore in the recent Slaves to Darkness book was weaker than the previous one. Now, I may be misremembering the previous one so feel free to call me out, but I think it had more of those in universe stories and they were longer, adding a more person feel to Chaos - a faction which I think exemplifies "your guys". 

It was the ADB short stories… they were great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Oh, they could have Grombridal flanked by a Fyreslayer and Kharadron representative/bodyguard, like a runeson and captain. Make it reminiscent of the old anniversary model of Grombrindal with Gotrek and Bugman acting as his shield bearers.

Personally I'd love if one Grombrindal model could have various options to fit any of the <Duardin> armies, as a throwback to how he takes on a disguise depending on which culture he interacts with in the new AoS stories.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

Grombrindal model that is as good a priest as Gotrek is a fighter. And a LoftP-like duardin army in the next narrative campaign books, while the 'regular' factions remain separated as they have been so far. Would that work for people?

Technically Grombrindal can lead any duardin army so LotFP-like duardin army will not be connected to Grombrindal specifically. Idealy Grombrindal release should come in 4 models I think. 1 is hearthkarl for FS, 1 is thunderer marshal/sergant for KO, 1 is longbeard for Dispossessed and final 1 as himself for unified duardin army. 

Could Khazalid Empire be part of campaing book? Ofc! 

11 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

True, it would probably help Fireslayers because they lack unit diversity.

Completely agree.

All micro-armies need a 2d wave (or a soupe'd group). But gameplay shouldn't take the hit too. What stops a runic mechanic for fyreslayers like "Mark of Chaos"?

Spoiler

Change warscrolls to be completely focused on their profiles and stats (Vulkites with a bunch of attacks, HGB with rend 2 attacks and AuricHG with 12" attacks with rend 2). And give them the option to take one rune:

• Rune of Cirala the Crazy: Ignore ward saves for attacks
  • Grudge rune: Rerolls vs X units (Chose battleline, monster, etc...).
  • Rune of Falk Whitehammer: MW on 6 to hit.
  • Rune of Chamon: Ward of 5+. If the unit has shield, ward of 4+
  • Rune of Fear: Enemy can't use Rally or Inspiring Presence.
  • Rune of Shielding: This unit has a save characteristic of 2+ (Only units with a shield).
  • Rune of Kingship: Bodyguard 2+

You will only play with a few models that all look the same, but at least all your units will have diferent rolls and gameplay on the table.

14 hours ago, cofaxest said:

I can imagine good soup for Khazalid empire rebuild as an option to field my duardins. Sad that you can't. 

And I can imagine this being an interesting idea on its own merit, without having to include Fyreslayers nor KO.

Honestly, some people became quite fond of how varied and individual dwarven factions became in AoS. Trust me, this is not due to lack of imagination. We're perfectly capable of imagining other options, we just don't like them as much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

And I can imagine this being an interesting idea on its own merit, without having to include Fyreslayers nor KO.

Honestly, some people became quite fond of how varied and individual dwarven factions became in AoS. Trust me, this is not due to lack of imagination. We're perfectly capable of imagining other options, we just don't like them as much.

This literally means that you can't imagine this idea because it can't be implemented without including KO and FS at some degree. 
We can have forever splited duardins or united variant. It can't be both. The only option is to include Khazalid allegiance ability in campaign book.  

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

This literally means that you can't imagine this idea because it can't be implemented without including KO and FS at some degree. 
We can have forever splited duardins or united variant. It can't be both. The only option is to include Khazalid allegiance ability in campaign book.  

That is fine. Alternatively classic dwarves from Disposessed that have a Thryng/Tempest's Eye like quality for KO and Fyreslayers.

As long as Kharadron and Fyreslayers don't end up in the blender.

Throwing them in the same book removes any chance of new non hero/Underworld models (until GW proves otherwise).

Not that GW seems hasty in filling out rosters of underdeveloped factions at the moment, but at least there's a chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

That is fine. Alternatively classic dwarves from Disposessed that have a Thryng/Tempest's Eye like quality for KO and Fyreslayers.

As long as Kharadron and Fyreslayers don't end up in the blender.

Throwing them in the same book removes any chance of new non hero/Underworld models (until GW proves otherwise).

Not that GW seems hasty in filling out rosters of underdeveloped factions at the moment, but at least there's a chance.

I don't want to loose KO or FS or Dispossessed as a factions and I want Valaya faction as well. I also want new models for all of this factions. But the problem is that we already very close to critical mass of factions even having alot of soup tomes. The main reason why I think that duardins will be soups is that I'm not convinced that GW could maintain so much factions within 3-4 years per edition cicle, I really hyped up by returning of Grombrindal and GW actually convince me that in some shape or form united duardins could work and it would be epiq. Plus main enemies of duardins (Gitz, Warclans and Skavens) also have soup tomes. For me splited duardins are the same as splited clans or Skavens to be honest.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Oh wise @Whitefang could you illuminate us with some cryptic words of wisdom about what is yet to be to move us from the unholy soup?

Not to risk @KingBrodd's wrath, but seeing how both Fyreslayers and KO are getting their own books this edition and the Dispossessed will likely be still catered for in the new Cities book, we can probably assume there's not going to be any change, culinary or not, until the next wave of army refreshes, come the fourth edition.

Probably a bit early to expect any meaningful decisions to have been made on the subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cofaxest said:

I don't want to loose KO or FS or Dispossessed as a factions and I want Valaya faction as well. I also want new models for all of this factions. But the problem is that we already very close to critical mass of factions even having alot of soup tomes. The main reason why I think that duardins will be soups is that I'm not convinced that GW could maintain so much factions within 3-4 years per edition cicle

Soup Sylvaneth, Idoneth, Lumineth and DoK in to Aelven Legions! All their rules should be packed on 60 pages or so, and as you said before, you can still read all the lore if you buy Black Library books*.

*Note: Black Library books doens't have background, and worldbuilding is just a bit of context for the main adventure.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 5

Just sitting here twiddling my thumbs as I wait with endless optimism for the next Dawnbringer preview. 

The most annoying thing is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of regular schedule. The battle sister bulletin was great. Why can't they just do that again? 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Just sitting here twiddling my thumbs as I wait with endless optimism for the next Dawnbringer preview. 

Same here !

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The most annoying thing is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of regular schedule. The battle sister bulletin was great. Why can't they just do that again? 

I would say it's because 40k is (unfortunately) much more popular than AoS and the Sisters of Battle was a much anticipated army. For the COS, if my predictions are correct, we should have the next preview article in March. If the frequency is every two months.

• Like 1

I'm not a mod, but please mind the tone? The amount of sarcasm and personal attacks here is really, really unnecessary. We're talking about a fantasy wargame. It's perfectly legitimate to prefer separate dwarf armies, a unified dwarf army (my preference), or a legion of the first prince middle-ground configuration. They're just preferences for super-arbitrary options, and all are much better than having zero dwarfs at all. 

So. Any real rumours?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

24 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Askurgan trueblades warscroll is up! Yes please to this!! Its a little bit complicated of a warscroll but I like it. 

Im assuming the khorne-dogs 🤭 is as well. 

Trueblades seem quite cool, not sure they'll be worth taking over GG but they could be fun in a kastelai army for full vampire lists.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Well that's interesting. Certainly something that absolutely noone predicted.  So does that mean those Duardin are staying in new Cities or are GW trying to clear stock before the axe falls? 

Considering half these boxes consist of brand new models, I think they're all fairly safe. More like these are models people don't buy normally because they cost way too much individually. Depending on what these go for some of these could be a real bargain.

• Like 1