The Rumour Thread

I am going out on a limb and guessing new Lumineth. Tyrion and his Aelves are a lot lazier than Teclis' Aelves when it comes to weapon forging. 

But in reality I saw it and immediately thought either Gargant or Ogor and since Gargants just got their release I am thinking Ogors. Icebrow hunter would nice but with the Underworlds kit there is a good model already to use. Unless it is a new model/unit I would personally like Maneaters to get a plastic kit with lots of optional builds. Obviously Butcher's desperately need a plastic kit at this point but it doesn't seem like a tool of their trade. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, JPjr said:

New rumour engine pic...

Going to go out on a rotted, gangrenous limb and suggest it's a deadwalker's club

F2zitEYXAApKuiD6.jpg

That's 100% an Ogor of some description.

Both Ogors and Ironjawz make heavy use of rivets, but Ironjawz use it to attach metal teeth to metal weapons, while Ogors bolt stuff to wooden weapons/hafts all the time. They love their nailbats.

It's not a giant because the scale is too small, and also too big for goblins. Too much metal for Bonesplitterz, not enough metal for Ironjawz.  Definitely an Ogor.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Laststand said:

@KingBrodd could this be a teaser for a King Gargant?

I would be over Da Bad Moon if there were a second kit coming next year!! Realistically though if we do get a second kit, it probably wont drop untill we get a 3.0 BT which is probably a good couple years away. 

I do think it to be an Ogor as well though.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am going out on a limb and guessing new Lumineth. Tyrion and his Aelves are a lot lazier than Teclis' Aelves when it comes to weapon forging. 

But in reality I saw it and immediately thought either Gargant or Ogor and since Gargants just got their release I am thinking Ogors. Icebrow hunter would nice but with the Underworlds kit there is a good model already to use. Unless it is a new model/unit I would personally like Maneaters to get a plastic kit with lots of optional builds. Obviously Butcher's desperately need a plastic kit at this point but it doesn't seem like a tool of their trade. 

I would love this to be a part of a new Maneaters kit. They are a really cool "idea of unit" with no matching rules, so new miniatures, possibilities of conversion and possibly a revamped warscroll in a future Broken Realms book would be fantastic.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I would be over Da Bad Moon if there were a second kit coming next year!! Realistically though if we do get a second kit, it probably wont drop untill we get a 3.0 BT which is probably a good couple years away. 

I do think it to be an Ogor as well though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3rd edition next year and the second wave of SoB not long after that.

40k 7th Edition - 2014

AoS 1st Edition - 2015

40k 8th Edition - 2017

AoS 2nd Edition - 2018

40k 9th Edition - 2020

AoS 3rd Edition- 2021??

GW did similar with the 40k knights, first book had only 2 entries then released, then released a second 14 months later. Definitely could see a mid sized giant added to bulk out the range.

Edited by MarkK
Edit text
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Tyrion personally forged all of his troops' weapons while he still couldn't see and nobody had the heart to tell him they weren't achingly beautiful runeswords

All bellowing "BRING ME SUNFANG" while a long-suffering aide winces and hands him a baseball bat with a nail through it

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

54 minutes ago, MarkK said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3rd edition next year and the second wave of SoB not long after that.

40k 7th Edition - 2014

AoS 1st Edition - 2015

40k 8th Edition - 2017

40k 2nd Edition - 2018

40k 9th Edition - 2020

AoS 3rd Edition- 2021??

GW did similar with the 40k knights, first book had only 2 entries then released, then released a second 14 months later. Definitely could see a mid sized giant added to bulk out the range.

No way?! Then theres a chance!! I'll still maintain my excitement and expect something in a few years. The new Megas are more than enough. 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

New rumour engine pic...

Going to go out on a rotted, gangrenous limb and suggest it's a deadwalker's club

F2zitEYXAApKuiD6.jpg

I can't help but look at the recent lore from Broken Realms regarding:

"Bokkrog rolled his head from side to side with a series of loud cracks, shook out his arms and gave a few practice swings of his beloved spiky mace."

It is probably a tad too big and more a club than mace, I just want new Ironjawz, they really lack models in the lineup...

The Clobbering also mentions a "Basher Armour" for this guy, I wonder why they point out that name for his armour.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Tyrion personally forged all of his troops' weapons while he still couldn't see and nobody had the heart to tell him they weren't achingly beautiful runeswords

All bellowing "BRING ME SUNFANG" while a long-suffering aide winces and hands him a baseball bat with a nail through it

This made me laugh way more than it should have. I feel we need to make a custom Tyrion model with Spikey Bat the mascot of this site!

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

No way?! Then theres a chance!! I'll still maintain my excitement and expect something in a few years. The new Megas are more than enough. 

Hooray, more Brodd positivity and speculation! Somehow that makes me more excited for a new edition. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/03/warcry-catacombs-lore-focus/

Morathi collecting Varanite - DoK will become a chaos faction

We have enough Chaos factions. The Chaos in AoS is not the same Chaos than was in Fantasy. In this universe, the Chaos can be reverted.

Edited by Nezzhil