The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Aventis Firestrike is amazing. I love the Tauralon's head, idk why but I love it. 

I will definitely do a Grand Alliance : Order army, with the Hammerhal allegiance, for him to command ! (good side view too) 

Aventis1.jpg

Loving the Tauralon, hating the ape-faced Dracoline.

Very tame rules for both, though.

Spoiler

Aventis1.jpg

This model is ripe for a conversion to a lord/sorcerer on manticore.  I could never buy the manticore, because it was just so oddly flay, but this thing is marvelous (aside from the overly accentuated lip).

Edited by daedalus81
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

The Taurolan is... interesting. Good in theory to have a weird winged bull thing. It's new, it's unprecedented, looks good in the art. It's like some of the Mesopotamian monsters or something angelic from Kabbalic esoteric. In execution though... eh. All good on the body and wings, pleasingly gracile, except the head. It's like a cheekless dinosaur combined with a bull, quite unsettling to look at. Reminds me of that comic image showing what horses would look like if their mouths went as far back as dogs' mouths.

The Dracoline is the opposite, better model than illustration. The art makes it look like Sonic the hedgehog.

Both the riders are pretty restrained for stormcast commanders. Solbright's book-filled saddlebags are cool and she looks closer to a bog standard evocator than a lord-arcanum. Firestrike's staff has some nice phoenix details.

If I could react more than once to your post I'd probably use all the options. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

The problem is that it doesn't feel very Moonclan-ish to me.  Maybe in fuller context it is, but Moonclan is squigs and mushrooms, not bird skulls.  Gitmob, sure thing.  I just am afraid that a combined Grot battletome  in Nagash style is too big a thing to wish for hahahahaha.

Orcs & Goblins models have had bird skulls on the models before - although mainly for the Savage Orcs.  I don't think it would necessarily be out of place for Moonclan.

Regardless of orc & goblin subfactions this thing looks like it is for something destruction related - probably an orc or goblin.

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Aventis Firestrike is amazing. I love the Tauralon's head, idk why but I love it. 

I will definitely do a Grand Alliance : Order army, with the Hammerhal allegiance, for him to command ! (good side view too) 

Aventis1.jpg

I love it because it’s ugly and dangerous looking instead of the usual cold and angelic look sc have. As a matter of fact it’s the only model sc have I’m jealous of. Just like ij and their cool maw krusha. I mean it’s why I like these factions is the cool dangerous beasts. Deepkin is my second fav army. If they did some sort of dwarven beast rider faction it would be an easy auto buy from me GW. They would compliment my ko well. 

Man, the Legion of Azgorh are going to be pissed when they see the Stormcast have stolen their Bale Taurus...

First Sigmar steals souls from Nagash and now they steal their mounts.  What's next - Squigmarites?

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Man, the Legion of Azgorh are going to be pissed when they see the Stormcast have stolen their Bale Taurus...

First Sigmar steals souls from Nagash and now they steal their mounts.  What's next - Squigmarites?

Have you heard the warcry of the Verdant Epidermal SCE chapter?  Foes quake before their mighty "WAAAGH!"

Edited by amysrevenge
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

If they did some sort of dwarven beast rider faction it would be an easy auto buy from me GW. They would compliment my ko well. 

Fyreslayers ride beasts.

Also, while i'm loving the new characters. I'm not loving the fact that all the special characters for Stormcast (minus the Celestant-Prime) are Hammers of Sigmar.

Edited by ReynakZhen
extra stuff
  • Confused 1

Since opinions are being thrown around here's my take.

Was very intrigued from the bits of previews we saw from the art on the tauralon but after seeing it, it's a no go for this consumer. The head is just too silly for me to take seriously and the overall feel of the beast is just too... off.

They could of done a horse/pegasus theme (turned up to eleven) and I would of been more pleased. 

I understand it's a fantasy setting but I do appreciate designs grounded in reality,  if that makes sense. 

The Dracoline on the other hand, props to the sculptor(s). It feels like a real animal. Sold on that one. 

Just my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

It's a stretch to refer to Fyreslayers as "dwarven beast rider faction".  Just as much as it would be to refer to Beascclaw Raiders as an Ogor infantry faction (hey, the Hunter!)

Fair point, I'm just trying to subliminally plant the suggestion into GW's mind :) *whispers in GW's ear*  you want to add mini- magmadroth cavalry...

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Was very intrigued from the bits of previews we saw from the art on the tauralon but after seeing it, it's a no go for this consumer. The head is just too silly for me to take seriously and the overall feel of the beast is just too... off.

They could of done a horse/pegasus theme (turned up to eleven) and I would of been more pleased. 

I understand it's a fantasy setting but I do appreciate designs grounded in reality,  if that makes sense. 

The Dracoline on the other hand, props to the sculptor(s). It feels like a real animal. Sold on that one. 

Just my opinion.

I'm just exactly the opposite. I find the Dracoline ugly as sin. What's it supposed to be? Half feline? And we are supposed to see that from the clumsy claws, the ape face, or the Sonic the hedgehog "mane"?

I can't make any sense out of them.

• Like 2

I've been away from this forum for a few weeks and don't really feel like reading through 40 pages of this thread to catch up... Have there been any major believable rumours lately? Would really appreciate a TL;DR summary if anyone's up for it! ?

8 minutes ago, Swooper said:

I've been away from this forum for a few weeks and don't really feel like reading through 40 pages of this thread to catch up... Have there been any major believable rumours lately? Would really appreciate a TL;DR summary if anyone's up for it! ?

I *think* the only thing that is still in the "Rumour" stage and not in the "News" stage is interpretations of the little teaser images they put up on the Community page all the time, which consensus points to Grots of one sort or another.  And predictions of generic non-Hammers of Sigmar versions of the new SCE heroes.

• Thanks 1

I predict that the stormhosts will be like the temples and Skyports. You will be able to have your own and call it hammers of sigmar.

Alternatively you can pick one of the other ones and take generic characters. I too would like to see other special characters from different stormhosts but from the canon the hammers are the poster boys. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Taylor said:

I predict that the stormhosts will be like the temples and Skyports. You will be able to have your own and call it hammers of sigmar.

Alternatively you can pick one of the other ones and take generic characters. I too would like to see other special characters from different stormhosts but from the canon the hammers are the poster boys. 

As long as they don't give them rules which only buff hammers of sigmar units idk. 40k sucks that way. Guilliman is worse in a non smurf army and same with crawl and admech. It's not like they are all going to get characters so it's dumb.

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Just my opinion.

I think you really have a point there, the thing about humans is that we relate to stuff. Lots of people want something in their armies they can relate to for that matter, and I think a lot of the old fantasy setting is being destroyed needlessly to create this new, alien-like fantasy world.

I would love if they toned down the "innovative" side a bit and go back to regular fantasy designs, or at the very least keep it at a 50:50 ratio. I would also love if they would go back to having fantasy themes inspired by real world cultures. Tomb Kings was great in that regard, taking both egyptian and indian themes in their designs. I would love for there to be some armies around araby culture, nippon culture, etc. I find it very unlikely that even though the old world got destroyed that none of those cultures still exist.

Recently there was a kickstarter by Titan Forge called Dragon Empire, displaying high end Samurai miniatures and other japanese inspired models, the kickstarter was a huge success. I think GW is really missing a huge market by not capitalizing on that kind of stuff and I really hope they do soon :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kugane said:

I think you really have a point there, the thing about humans is that we relate to stuff. Lots of people want something in their armies they can relate to for that matter, and I think a lot of the old fantasy setting is being destroyed needlessly to create this new, alien-like fantasy world.

I would love if they toned down the "innovative" side a bit and go back to regular fantasy designs, or at the very least keep it at a 50:50 ratio. I would also love if they would go back to having fantasy themes inspired by real world cultures. Tomb Kings was great in that regard, taking both egyptian and indian themes in their designs. I would love for there to be some armies around araby culture, nippon culture, etc. I find it very unlikely that even though the old world got destroyed that none of those cultures still exist.

Recently there was a kickstarter by Titan Forge called Dragon Empire, displaying high end Samurai miniatures and other japanese inspired models, the kickstarter was a huge success. I think GW is really missing a huge market by not capitalizing on that kind of stuff and I really hope they do soon :)

At this point, we run into the Warhammer Fantasy problem of "it's this culture, but with this thing" gimmick that we see with the Empire, Brets, Ogres, Lizardmen, and Tomb Kings. It becomes repetitive when you have seen medieval fantasy European knights on the board over and over again. It's fine to want those things, but it is everywhere once you look around at other major or minor miniature gaming companies. 

Edited by ShadowSwordmaster
  • Like 6

The Tauralon's face is absolutely horrifying. For my money it's a scarier beast than most of the monsters of chaos out there. It's a really good model, too, great pose, fantastic wings. I'm mad about that because I'm going to have to buy one now.

I think I like the Dracoline? I want to see it in the flesh, so to speak. I'm glad there are more fantastical monsters in Age of Sigmar though. Unique creature designs is something that helps make a house a home, so to speak, when it comes to fantasy settings.

• Like 4

I'm a big fan of Tauralons.

Just looking over Tauralon's design, it has the feeling to be a majestic beast, and a celestial entity, without looking like a big monster. For me, they nailed it without going to cliché (pegasus, lions with wings, dragons, etc...).

• Like 2

I like the Tauralon too, especially if you could paint it a shade of brown or even black. 

I would like to see a mount more resembling the iconography of the Stormcast, particularly something lion like. Like a good Manticore. 

I appreciate the imagination put into the recent releases. The Deepkin were similar. How easy would it have been to go with kraken, sea dragons, incorporate the kharibdyss and so on? Some would still like that (can't say I wouldn't) but I'm pleased there's some curve balls like the Eidolon. 

Going forward, I'm really interested to see what happens with the remaining Aelves of Hysh and Ulgu... Particularly Malerion's Aelves. 

Edited by syph0n
  • Like 1