The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I am excited for absolutely none of this.

GW is on this Nurgle ride that has passed its stop several times. Some models look good, but I am very over it lol. At this point I feel like it's pandering, with a little bit of patronizing haha.

40k is getting it's 21542651st Imperial faction and you think it's Nurgle they're pandering to?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

40k is getting it's 21542651st Imperial faction and you think it's Nurgle they're pandering to?

Oh please, do go on. It's not like chaos has gotten more releases in the past twoish years than the entirety of the Imperium and Stormcasts put together or anything...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I am excited for absolutely none of this.

GW is on this Nurgle ride that has passed its stop several times. Some models look good, but I am very over it lol. At this point I feel like it's pandering, with a little bit of patronizing haha.

There’s no need for bitterness, the lord of all welcomes any new followers, if youd only embrace  the cycle of life, death and rebirth ??

11 hours ago, Arkiham said:

its 40k. 

but its still nurgle. 

new nurgle units? the 2 wound variety like Tzaangor

image (2).jpg

Looks really cool (puts 40K hat on for a mo) up the front is clearly poxwalkers but... mechanised, same with the nurglings, and the grotesques up the back ring with a combination of both nurgle, slaanesh, khorne and technology. The unusual imperial models, perhaps inquisition... but not clearly as such (hope those lasgun equipped models get a larger release). Is this a 40K expansion like Masque of Death or is this a board game like Silver Tower? Very interesting.

From an AoS point of view, I can see some very easy conversions - all the Choas stuff basically looks like it could be put straight in with no work necessary bar maybe some conversion work to reduce the mechanical aspect. The imperial stuff will be harder as there are quite a few guns et al, but a few weapon swaps, some shields and voila you have a nice AoS28 collection.

For Age of Sigmar, I have the following predictions for Warhammer Fest:

• Decent reveal on a new magic supplement, the next step of the Malign Portents storyline
  • some more concrete reveals on the Soul War box set - maybe just a 30 second or so tiny thing, but enough to start the engines
  • Very small reveal on the next army (I reckon Soul War will be Malignants/Nighthaunts vs Stomcast and Freeguild, so the one after that) - I feel that Slaanesh is the go here

Well my current plan is to attend the new models seminar tomorrow and will shove things up onto Twitter & Instagram with a proper report on Monday.  Generally there's a good mixture across all systems so I'm sure AoS will get something.

I do think that Rogue Trader has highlighted is that GW still can surprise us - so there could be something completely unseen for us :)

One additional prediction I can see tomorrow is the next step in Warhammer Underworlds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dragobeth said:

Why did TGA change the background image from spider goblins to sky and mountains just before warhammer fest? :thinkingemoji:

Sorry @Thebiggesthat but it's more because the website was under maintenance yesterday and that mountain picture is probably a default mode setting ??

Hope I'm wrong tho !

Cant' wait for today's MP story, hope it will give us some hint for tomorrow !

all you gotta do is follow various people on twitter for an idea of whats happening.

" i just suddenly randomly fancied buying a sisters of slaughter army for no particular reason other than my own personal enjoyment "

* Games-workshop announces daughters of khaine * 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

Same reason that two podcasters that are in the #pleasantforplastic inner circle are making Moonclan armies I reckon ?

Follow The Paint gets mocked but it's been a very reliable predictor of releases. 

I liked this story. A city from the first season of war campaign, alarielle and the Ironweld Arsenal, whats not to like?

Also some of these descriptions made me thing we will see them as units sooner or later.

For example: "surveyors in hook-nosed masks strode through the murk upon mechanical striders"
"Like the others, she wore a panelled overcoat of mustard-yellow and crimson, over thick breeches and leather gloves. "

Plus the mention of a Cog-hauler and the fact that this is the second story that has a Cog-fort as its center. 

• Like 2