The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Turgol said:

No, I do not think that Slaanesh escapes will follow directly as in immediately from Nagash's work, but only that it will lead to that. That is: the "stage 2" setting will start with souls war and new SCE v. new super malignants. But it will eventually lead also to Slaanesh escape. It does need to introduce at least Shadowkin first though, you are right. So end 2019 IMO. 

I think twins are more important to that story then Malerion, also both Deepkin and DoK aren't very good so I doubt another faction will be Malerion's Aelves

2 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I think twins are more important to that story then Malerion, also both Deepkin and DoK aren't very good so I doubt another faction will be Malerion's Aelves

"More important" is a bit adventured, but as important is fair. The only reasons why I think it will be Shadowkin first are: (i) Slaanesh is in Ulgu, not Hyish; (ii) we have a name for the conflict between Malerion and the seekers, the Shadow Wars; (iii) Malerion has a picture, T&T do not as of now (maybe in Idoneth BT Teclis will have though); (iv) the Shadowkin are mentioned by name in several publications, the Lightkin haven't been named as of yet. It is not a matter of importance, only of how many teases there are. 

14 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Today's Rumor Engine

Mar27-RumourEngine1tecvd.jpg

Probably more likely to be 40k, but nothing about the hatch appears to be more advanced that any Kharadron technology or warmachines is AoS. Too beat up to be the speculated Stormcast warmachine to accompany the Lord Ordinator. Could be a grot sky pirate ship. Realistically I'm guessing somehing 40k, maybe Orks, but doesn't hurt to speculate what it could be for AoS as well.

Facebook put this out with the sentence:

The latest glimmerings from Excelsis have arrived - check out the latest glimpse into the future with this week's Rumour Engine and let us know what you think it is in the comments"

17 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Today's Rumor Engine

Mar27-RumourEngine1tecvd.jpg

Probably more likely to be 40k, but nothing about the hatch appears to be more advanced that any Kharadron technology or warmachines is AoS. Too beat up to be the speculated Stormcast warmachine to accompany the Lord Ordinator. Could be a grot sky pirate ship. Realistically I'm guessing somehing 40k, maybe Orks, but doesn't hurt to speculate what it could be for AoS as well.

I think there is merit to the Stormcast Warmachine thought. While it is beat up, this might be GW's attempt at throwing out a more battle-worn Stormcast unit, or even chapter. Personally, I'm hoping it'll be Grot sky spirates, more Kharadron, or even an ingenious Skaven machine, but that's just wishful thinking ;)

21 minutes ago, Malin said:

They are flimsy with those recently. Last week they posted picture of new knight's engine, which was revealed at ACON 2-3 days later.

Yeah, with that one people were shouting "bigger knight!" within seconds though, so it was never going to be a long-burn clue! :P

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

What I really don't want is the removal of damage carrying over from one attack to multiple models. If my megaboss has a huge axe doing two damage, it simply goes through one guy and takes out the other. The armour save represents them both. Makes sense to me.

I GREATLY prefer this rule to how 40k currently handles it - despite having played with the system where damage does not carry over for decades in most GW games.  I really like the damage carry-over mechanic of Age of Sigmar, and without it I think this game would require a rebalancing of half of the weapons and wound characteristics in the game.  It is very cleanly implemented and accounted for in the stats for Age of Sigmar right now. 

I was so used to damage not carrying over in GW games that it took me a while to realize that did not apply to Age of Sigmar.  I only realized it after watching a battle report video and being confused as to why more models died than I expected.  I had to go back to the rules and check that specific rule.  But, again I have to say that I really enjoy it.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

A new stormcast chamber that's just walking fortresses and lightning cannons actually sounds really cool

It does, but judging by the Shadespire teaser we will get Harry Potter Stormcast instead.

I am also pretty sure from their portrayal so far that Cogforts are:

1)unique to Hammerhall

2)to big for a miniature

3)more Freeguild than Stormcast

None of that precludes walking fortresses for Stormcast, but there is no indication that is a thing either.

And some additional pictures :

1522220227-981ca9aa-05cc-4caf-89ba-382a6

You can translate the token as : "Inspiring presence", "High tide", "Low tide", "Ritual of Weathering "Ritual of tempest", "Lord of the Tides".

According to the poster, the BT, the dice and the warscrolls are in preorders the 14th of April and out the 21th. I believe the models will be in two or three waves around those two dates.

• Like 1