The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

New rumors (4chan):

• OBR End of January (Mortech Archers, Liege on a Monster).
  • IDK vs Fyreslayers Battlebox. Early April(crabs?)
  • Ogors Summer.
  • Nighthaunts October
  • GSG vs S2D Christmas Battlebox: S2D with BoC (new kits!)
  • Malerion Q1 2023

--------------------

• First 2023 Battlebox: Skavens vs Serpahons. Not classic Battlebox, they come with some new kits (?)
  • Battletome Priority: Khorne, Lumineth, Sylvaneth and CoS
  • Something for Silent People (?)

----------------------

Sentiend Roach Swarms (this week)?

I want this to be true for Ogor Summer!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Forsaken and Spawn, but it does look like most of their mortal roster is being saved for DLC.

Notably I don't think any of the factions have any of the End Times (Blight Kings, Wrathmongers, etc) units.

Well, khorne has chaos warriors of khorne and skullcrushers and tzeentch has regular chaos knights and those dudes flying on discs, right? Those are all mortal units. And slaanesh seems to have some kind of mutaded marauder from the trailer? That leaves only nurgle as a army without a heavily mutated mortal unit as of rn.

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

No worries, I was just trying to repay the dozens of times you guys trolled me and/or Aelves. 😅 

Though I'd like to see an AOS version of Tyrion or what they came up with for the River and Zenith temples I do agree: Lumineth are fine for the foreseeable future. 

I bet he’s  not smiling either.

teclis’ face on the cover of his book, miserable as sin.

oi teclis, why the long face?

look at belakor- huge smile

look at kragnos- huge smile as he knows hes a beastman really

teclis? No smile.  Because elf.

be happy, don’t be an elf, get an eight pointed star and giggle to yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Doko said:

I hope of kragnos is getting this ward they do the same with the two big dragons of sc that are comimg,because after only so much nerf of sc units(even if sc isnt in top 10 in gw data) they have many other bad units and the new twin dragons are a good example,have less damage output than a maw krusha,are named so no relik or nothing and havent special save or nothing so they are easy to kill with mortals and cost 600 when for that stats they must cost the same than maw krusha or even less

But you’re still happy yea?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Battletome priority: lumineth???????????????????

why, why would they do this.

it hasn’t even been a year, before they got their second book after half a year.

What lumineth player would be interested in buying a third book, of too hard to learn combinations,

and new models that basically look like the older highelf models just on bigger bases.

They only did it to make the khorne players angry.

now, talking of which i wonder if the khorgorath unit will see the light of day in this age of the beast?

right at the beginning of aos there was talk if a separate khorgorath kit box that was waiting for the right opportunity for release.

sme ogroid myrmidon on roids turned up to 11 style Minotaurs would look the biz, and so very needed to replace what’s currently available… with hooves sir, with hooves… and a taurox would be nice as well… a taurox I tell thee… how much more khorne can you get!

Khorne beefy Bloodkin or some such .

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

New rumors (4chan):

• Ogors Summer.
  • Nighthaunts October
  • Malerion Q1 2023

--------------------

• First 2023 Battlebox: Skavens vs Serpahons. Not classic Battlebox, they come with some new kits (?)

----------------------

Looks like a mix of junk and believable guesses mixed with a couple existing rumors from here and elsewhere to make it seem legitimate. I guess we'll see if we see sentient roach swarms this week, but that sounds like exactly the kind of out of left field thing you'd make up to make people think its so crazy it has to be real.

Just now, FFJump said:

Looks like a mix of junk and believable guesses mixed with a couple existing rumors from here and elsewhere to make it seem legitimate. I guess we'll see if we see sentient roach swarms this week, but that sounds like exactly the kind of out of left field thing you'd make up to make people think its so crazy it has to be real.

Silent people are  chaos dwarfs.. after all, we’ve kept our little pyromaniac silence and not gone on about them at all.

decorum and all that.

15 minutes ago, Talas said:

More rumors from 4chan. I don't know what to think anymore...

IMG-20211124-WA0011.jpg

Some interesting thoughts in there that seem to line up with what I'd expect. I'm thinking the impact of Covid will be felt for a long time due to the way that GW works so far in advance. Sure shipping has been disrupted recently, but we can't forget they probably lost months and months of development for future products due to lockdowns. Release schedules may be impacted for years and I wouldn't be surprised to see 3rd last until 2025/26 as a result. That being said, it's weird the person is so sure about contents of a starter box that won't release for another 4.5 years. As far as we know GW likes to operate about 2-3 years out, it's tough to believe that they're so sure what will be in something that is so far away. The random insult to MWG also makes it sound like a troll more than anything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Higolx said:

If they dont announce ogor summer with a drawing of an ogor with shorts, a face full of sunscreen and drinking some coconut water Im gonna riot

This is exactly what I'm expecting!! Summer next year would be a good bet as well for a Faction refresh. I sure hope Ogors get their due.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Beliman said:

New rumors (4chan):

• Ogors Summer.
  • Nighthaunts October
  • Malerion Q1 2023

--------------------

----------------------

Nice guess, I guess!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, Charleston said:

4chan pseudo rumours at its finest :D We see some other popular rumours paired with some wishlists all used as envelope to put in some controverse opinion (in this case MWG criticism)

Add in the return of Squats to 40k and I'll wishlist believe any rumour you chuck my way!

Edited by EntMan
  • Haha 1