The Rumour Thread

Good to see some WHU stuff! Cool little dude. This suggests that the next starter will feature Kruleboys anyway. 2 grots and 2-3 gutrippas or similar, perhaps?

Looking at the background in the artwork and the dark ambience in the preview image on the WHC homepage, the spitballing about the next season being set in Ulgu might have some legs... or eyes and teeth, based on the stuff swirling around behind him.

• Like 2

Looks good- hope they reveal hints of the expected war bands soon.. fingers crossed for some new Grungni dwarfs...

Probably get some sort of CoS/Dawnbringer set? The new style stormcast will be a safe bet- what else do you guys think? Ogres? Sylvaneth/Kurnothi maybe with the wood elf vibe? Some sort of Skaven clan - a moulder one with rat ogre,wolf rats and giant rats would be cool and I could see Eshin up to no good too. 

what do you guys think might be coming?

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Good to see some WHU stuff! Cool little dude. This suggests that the next starter will feature Kruleboys anyway. 2 grots and 2-3 gutrippas or similar, perhaps?

Looking at the background in the artwork and the dark ambience in the preview image on the WHC homepage, the spitballing about the next season being set in Ulgu might have some legs... or eyes and teeth, based on the stuff swirling around behind him.

It could be really nice if the leader was a shaman, to help that "clone" problem  of Big Yellers with 2-3 shamans

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It could be really nice if the leader was a shaman, to help that "clone" problem  of Big Yellers with 2-3 shamans

The Shaman is a very nice model so a variant would be good. I wonder if it might have something to do with beasts though as that grot has a trap?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Looks good- hope they reveal hints of the expected war bands soon.. fingers crossed for some new Grungni dwarfs...

Probably get some sort of CoS/Dawnbringer set? The new style stormcast will be a safe bet- what else do you guys think? Ogres? Sylvaneth/Kurnothi maybe with the wood elf vibe? Some sort of Skaven clan - a moulder one with rat ogre,wolf rats and giant rats would be cool and I could see Eshin up to no good too. 

SC/KB are a given, so we'll just cross those out. Leaves 6, to tease upcoming releases I'll throw in Shadow Aelves and Chorfs, so four more. Skaven and some kind of Human/Dawnbringer team also seems reasonably likely, leaves 2, Something Something death, every GA gets at least one warband but I have zero idea what new thing they could add, and one more thing I can't think of.

51 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I'm definitely getting Ulgu vibes from the card!! 2 Grots and 3 Gutrippaz seems to be a good estimate for a Warband.

50 minutes ago, silverstu said:

The past few Death Warbands have been Ossiarch, Soulblight and FEC so I could see a new Nighthaunt Warband being in this Season, it fits spooky Ulgu!!

As for Chaos I think it could be Khorne or Skaven as they havent been present for a while. Heck maybe both!!

Order would have Stormcast as a sure thing and i hope that the Disspossessed get a Warband or at least Fyreslayers, we need some more Duardin love in AOS.

Destruction will obviously have Kruelboyz but i could see there being an Ogor Gutbusters Warband as well, I personally would love that as I dont see the Sons getting one unfortunately.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm definitely getting Ulgu vibes from the card!! 2 Grots and 3 Gutrippaz seems to be a good estimate for a Warband.

The past few Death Warbands have been Ossiarch, Soulblight and FEC so I could see a new Nighthaunt Warband being in this Season, it fits spooky Ulgu!!

As for Chaos I think it could be Khorne or Skaven as they havent been present for a while. Heck maybe both!!

Order would have Stormcast as a sure thing and i hope that the Disspossessed get a Warband or at least Fyreslayers, we need some more Duardin love in AOS.

Destruction will obviously have Kruelboyz but i could see there being an Ogor Gutbusters Warband as well, I personally would love that as I dont see the Sons getting one unfortunately.

Nighthaunts already have 3 warbands in WU, I hope it will be something else :D

• Like 4

Kruelboyz as S5's posterboys isn't a big shock when Nightvault had Sequitors and Nighthaunt. I'm going to go ahead and guess the other half will be Thunderstrike Stormcast.

It could, in theory, be a Dawnbringer/Cities warband since UW hasn't had anything for them yet but I'm still banking on Stormcast.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Nighthaunts already have 3 warbands in WU, I hope it will be something else :D

Oh true!! In that case give us another FEC!! 

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Kruelboyz as S5's posterboys isn't a big shock when Nightvault had Sequitors and Nighthaunt. I'm going to go ahead and guess the other half will be Thunderstrike Stormcast.

It could, in theory, be a Dawnbringer/Cities warband since UW hasn't had anything for them yet but I'm still banking on Stormcast.

I could see both Stormcast and Dawnbringer Warbands, there are 8 Warbands and 4 Alliances so makes sense there would be multiple from each Alliance. 

My guess would be 3 Order, 2 Destruction, 1 Death and 2 Chaos.

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

2020-03-17.jpg

This rumour engine is probably from a khorne daemon warband

I’ve been hoping it’s something Khorne related too but would you not expect the Khorne icon instead of the star if that was the case?

Also, surely there has to be Cities / Dawnbringer warband this time around?

One of the things I’m most excited about is seeing some kind of realm specific Cities models.

Edited by ArkanautDadmiral
Posted too soon

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh true!! In that case give us another FEC!! 

I could see both Stormcast and Dawnbringer Warbands, there are 8 Warbands and 4 Alliances so makes sense there would be multiple from each Alliance. 

My guess would be 3 Order, 2 Destruction, 1 Death and 2 Chaos.

Soulblight, zomebies and direwolves with necromancer would be ace

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

I’ve been hoping it’s something Khorne related too but would you not expect the Khorne icon instead of the star if that was the case?

Also, surely there has to be Cities / Dawnbringer warband this time around?

One of the things I’m most excited about is seeing some kind of realm specific Cities models.

Could be a khorne daemon that serves Belakor

• Like 1