The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, novakai said:

i mean i have always felt this was the AoS general Chat thread

Yeah, expecting a three thousand page thread to stay "on topic" seems like an unrealistic and pointless goal. It might be called the Rumour thread, but it has been and always will be the Personal Feelings and Reactionary Opinions thread. The spurious "rumours" and GW advertorials are just the fuel that keeps the reactions flowing.

• Like 2

They need to at least update the FAQs to give us something. Since the release of 3.0 and the initial battletome teasers, we have had 40k orks, grey knight and thousand sons new codexs/models all revealed and released, as well as killteams reveal and release, all while drip feeding information about the upcoming AoS content. It's left a bad taste in the communities mouth and killed most of the hype surrounding these releases; while it can be grating to see so many people complaining on what is essentially the general chat thread of this forum, it is also a Windows into the general feelings of the community.

People want GW be honest and open, don't stealth edit posts and hope no one notices, just be up front about it. People will be annoyed either way, but now they feel deceived as well as annoyed. Plus, at least in my meta, People want FAQs so that KO can be played properly again and acknowledgement that GW is aware of the Godhammer issue in competitive play. I feel the godhammer issue, lack of updated FAQs, deceptive marketing and overly drawn out release schedule are legitimate issues for the community to have and express.

Edited by Qrow
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, Qrow said:

They need to at least update the FAQs to give us something. Since the release of 3.0 and the initial battletome teasers, we have had 40k orks, grey knight and thousand sons new codexs/models all revealed and released, as well as killteams reveal and release, all while drip feeding information about the upcoming AoS content. It's left a bad taste in the communities mouth and killed most of the hype surrounding these releases; while it can be grating to see so many people complaining on what is essentially the general chat thread of this forum, it is also a Windows into the general feelings of the community.

People want GW be honest and open, don't stealth edit posts and hope no one notices, just be up front about it. People will be annoyed either way, but now they feel deceived as well as annoyed. Plus, at least in my meta, People want FAQs so that KO can be played properly again and acknowledgement that GW is aware of the Godhammer issue in competitive play. I feel the godhammer issue, lack of updated FAQs, deceptive marketing and overly drawn out release schedule are legitimate issues for the community to have and express.

Notice how little is said now in this thread compared to before.  speaks loud enough of the outcome these points essentially. 

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

If they are not communicating that it is still COVID supply-side issues, I am no longer buying the pandemic excuse. there is zero reason not to address this in even the simplest sentence on a warcom article....

Brexit supply issues potentially. A lot of UK retail is ahving trouble getting products to shelves due to labour and trucking problems. 

• Like 1

+++ MOD HAT +++

Last warning.  Please can we get back onto rumours & discussions about rumours.  If there aren't any rumours to talk about then it's completely fine not to post anything in this thread - there are plenty of hobby threads to contribute to throughout the forum after all.

I'm not particularly impressed with this being the third mod post in as many pages trying to get people to move on.  We do our best to be hands off and just nudge conversations on when they go a bit off track, however if members continue to ignore those nudges we're quite happy to issue warnings and bans.  It's not a difficult concept, follow the rules and do as you've been asked to do and you'll be fine and dandy.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

So, about that mentioned 'greenskin goodness', what do we think? More 40k? Just more AoS rule previews? Endless spells and/or terrain? Or do we dare to hope it's kruleboyz cavalry? Speculate away! Personally I'm usually hopeful 'till the end, but my gnashtooth related dreams are slowly fading...

Okay, now that I've deceived mods, we have official 'statement' about battletomes. Better late than never?

Screenshot_20210823-150818_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

• Subscriber

If it's down to the books being delayed (they are produced in china right?), then I wonder if they'll push up the model releases, so we may end up getting more of the new kits released alongside the books, or will they push the whole schedule back?

While it's nice to have everything to buy, it doesn't help my poor willpower vs wallet battle that goes on everytime :S in one go

11 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

So, about that mentioned 'greenskin goodness', what do we think? More 40k? Just more AoS rule previews? Endless spells and/or terrain? Or do we dare to hope it's kruleboyz cavalry? Speculate away! Personally I'm usually hopeful 'till the end, but my gnashtooth related dreams are slowly fading...

Okay, now that I've deceived mods, we have official 'statement' about battletomes. Better late than never?

Screenshot_20210823-150818_Chrome.jpg

I'm hoping for some Endless Spells or Scenery!! I was hoping every Faction would get some eventually. 

They have been switching all production, including books, in country for the last couple of years precisely because of anticipated troubles, i guess we shall see what flag is on the book when we get it in November ;)

The Charge rule on the chariot sounds very good, and if all the hounds get that Interceptor rule as well as the hit and run i might well have to paint some up! 

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Yeah I feel like we have likely seen all the offerings available for Kruelboyz by this point. It is a shame as I really love the line but it has a bit of the classic AOS not fully realized vibe to it. Like two very disparate troggoth units, one unit of hobgrots, a singular strange mount... it feels like there is something missing to tie these things better together but everything is simultaneously really cool. Well we will get drip feed support for them throughout the edition and then hopefully a big second wave in 4.0. 😢

On 8/20/2021 at 2:03 PM, Enoby said:

I'd love if the Chimera and Manticore were redone. They're great monsters (as in conceptually) but I just can't get behind the strange pot belly, gangly/odd proportions that they both seem to have. I'm sure at the time they were impressive, but compared to most new monsters, they really just don't fit the bill anymore. 

I would have totally bought a Chaos Lord on Manticore if the Manticore itself didn't look like a strange gorilla/lion mutant. 

they weren't even progressive when they came out - they were modelled on the storm of magic artwork and were rubbish even then.  Totally agree about the manticore, and I really hope in this age of beasts we'll finally get to have monsters which we can be proud of by a new sculptor.  The current crop of stuff seems rather promising.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Any rumours on DOK warscroll cards?.....

I just assumed they were all burned in a factory fire somewhere lol.  It's actually a major disappointment for me as I missed getting the 1st tome's warscroll cards and then the 2nd tome just hasn't had any (beyond what was in shadow & pain)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-us/
Once again New Model Monday is taken over by Space Marines….

Man I get the mods wanting a little positivity but GW is not helping them huh lol.

On the topics of rumors, this particular thread is 5 years old and I just wanna see if it's just me but it feels like back then we had actual rumors. Nowadays we're lucky to get a wishlist off 8chan (no offense to whitefang) or any rumors sooner than what feels like days before a proper announcement. Anyone in the know who can say if GW changed something in particular that's lead to much fewer drops leaking from the pipeline nowadays or am I just letting my memory play tricks on me?

12 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Man I get the mods wanting a little positivity but GW is not helping them huh lol.

On the topics of rumors, this particular thread is 5 years old and I just wanna see if it's just me but it feels like back then we had actual rumors. Nowadays we're lucky to get a wishlist off 8chan (no offense to whitefang) or any rumors sooner than what feels like days before a proper announcement. Anyone in the know who can say if GW changed something in particular that's lead to much fewer drops leaking from the pipeline nowadays or am I just letting my memory play tricks on me?

I don't feel like AoS has ever had the same volume of rumours surrounding it, be that legitimate or wishlisted, but it also seems like GW run a tighter ship around AoS leaks and/or there's a lot less people willing to risk leaking or who know somebody with information.

To be fair, we did have months of leaks about 'Bretonnian Stormcast' and 'LotR Orcs' plus the Grimdark Live stuff. I think the momentum just sort of dried up because after Dominion released, everything ground to an absolute screeching halt, especially with the new Battletomes being delayed and potentially having a knock-on effect with future releases.

Prior to that, there was the Kangaroo Kavalry and Soulblight Gravelords... Lord leak which caused a lot of buzz for a few months.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Anyone in the know who can say if GW changed something in particular that's lead to much fewer drops leaking from the pipeline nowadays or am I just letting my memory play tricks on me?

I’m not in the know but they have better control over them. Some stuff they will never stop but over time they’ve identified some of the issues. For example people worked out how to see the shipping manifests of what was printed in China and that gave clues. But most of the photos are people getting sneaky snaps or over hearing things.

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I don't feel like AoS has ever had the same volume of rumours surrounding it, be that legitimate or wishlisted. 

To be fair, we did have months of leaks about 'Bretonnian Stormcast' and 'LotR Orcs' plus the Grimdark Live stuff. I think the momentum just sort of dried up because after Dominion released, everything ground to an absolute screeching halt, especially with the new Battletomes being delayed and potentially having a knock-on effect with future releases.

Prior to that, there was the Kangaroo Kavalry and Soulblight Gravelords... Lord leak which caused a lot of buzz for a few months.

I agree with @Clan's Cynic, so far the only “rumors” we’ve had in regards to 3.0 (not counting stormcasts and swamp orks) have been mainly focused around what factions are going to get a new hero via a box set. The only other source of rumors we’ve had are what new faction is coming out, which so far has been chaos dwarfs or silent people, the souping of the dwarf factions (which almost no one wants), and the reveal of Cathay in Total War this September. If I’m forgetting anything let me know.

Most, if not all of these have probably been pushed back due to COVID-19’s cousin Delta and Brexit. As well as the blocking of the Suez Canal.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 2