The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, Jator said:

New short story confirming the draconith wil be part of the new Stormcast:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/12/broken-realms-fiction-the-scales-of-victory/

Imagine being a Seraphon player reading that you had secret dragons for thousands of years but have to give them to the Stormcast because your faction is too lame.

Sad times.

• Haha 25
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

6 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Imagine being a Seraphon player reading that you had secret dragons for thousands of years but have to give them to the Stormcast because your faction is too lame.

Sad times.

Even as a Thunderlizards player I am OK with this, but obvously biased as I also got an extremis Stormcast army, but dragons would not really fit the Seraphon that well. I have a feeling the Seraphon are in for a larger release at some point, at least in the scope of something like the Soulblight Gravelords got, with the resin stuff and possibly Saurus stuff getting redone.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Realistically though, a redesign of all old armies and miniatures in modern plastic seems like it would be way too much for Forgeworld (or even GW proper) to handle. Even just reissuing all the old stuff would require a substantial increase in the production of resin (or even metal) minis that I am pretty sure GW wants to avoid. They seem to have been phasing out resin wherever possible in the recent past.

So how do you think they ll handle it? Few factions at a time? Re using kits? 

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Will probably pick up a Warrior Edition for some extra Gutripperz.

Not as intrigued by the new terrain as I originally thought? Hoping the larger selection saves it but that Extremis Edition seems to be awkwardly lacking?

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Those are about what I expected except I thought we'll get more terrain in the Extremis Starter.

Compared to the 40k starters it has about the same number of terrain pieces but 40k additionally has those pipes which fill out the space in between nicely. Something like that is missing here

Edited by Matrindur

10 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

So how do you think they ll handle it? Few factions at a time? Re using kits? 

I honestly cannot tell you how they plan to pull it off. It seems like all choices have significant downsides.

Reuse old fantasy models? People will complain that models are old and out of print, and people will call GW stupid for catering to people who won't need to buy new minis.

Use AoS models and bases with conversion trays? People will complain that it's not actually Warhammer Fantasy because no square bases and call it a cash grab.

Do a new sculpts for a few new armies and expand over time? People will complain that they can't play their old armies and that the game has too little variety.

Switch to a smaller scale to make production of more/larger armies easier? People will complain that minis are not cross compatible and that they already did not like Warmaster the last time.

Personally, I think it would be the most sound to aim for AoS compatibility in scales and bases, and to focus new model releases on armies that were lost in the transition to AoS like Brettonians and Orcs and Goblins as well as new armies like Kislev. I doubt there will be compandium releases for old factions that are currently completely unsupported like Tomb Kings or High Elves, but maybe we can hope that those factions will receive the majority of The Old World specific model releases.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I honestly cannot tell you how they plan to pull it off. It seems like all choices have significant downsides.

Reuse old fantasy models? People will complain that models are old and out of print, and people will call GW stupid for catering to people who won't need to buy new minis.

Use AoS models and bases with conversion trays? People will complain that it's not actually Warhammer Fantasy because no square bases and call it a cash grab.

Do a new sculpts for a few new armies and expand over time? People will complain that they can't play their old armies and that the game has too little variety.

Switch to a smaller scale to make production of more/larger armies easier? People will complain that minis are not cross compatible and that they already did not like Warmaster the last time.

Personally, I think it would be the most sound to aim for AoS compatibility in scales and bases, and to focus new model releases on armies that were lost in the transition to AoS like Brettonians and Orcs and Goblins as well as new armies like Kislev. I doubt there will be compandium releases for old factions that are currently completely unsupported like Tomb Kings or High Elves, but maybe we can hope that those factions will receive the majority of The Old World specific model releases.

A bit pessimistic though ;)

3 hours ago, ArcLight said:

Rumour re: The Old World that has just popped up on reddit. No idea on the validity of it, but interesting to think about.

Screenshot_20210712-124949_Chrome.jpg

isn't this wishlisting and not a rumor?

the guy didn't even use the rumor flair on reddit

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Sad times.

Don't have to imagine *sad lizard noises*

On the other hand, I kinda see why the Draconith are not for seraphon. Seraphon already have a set aesthetic of dinosaurs, aztec/mayan stuff and some ocasional space stuff. Draconith seem to be more generic western dragons, so I don't really see them fitting with seraphon visually. Now, if they were coatl style creatures, than I'd need them in my seraphon army.

Still, a bit bummed they're stormcast. I'm sad that the stardrake will likely get replaced (not really, but the new one will probably get used much more), would prefer draconith as order's Sons of Behemat style army

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Those new boxes make sense, but couldn't they have waited for me to sell my half of Dominion before releasing the Gutrippaz plus a bit of stuff separately :D

well I guess it's healthy for players actually wanting to play them :)

I really like the new sets but as I have the SCE side of Dominion there is not that much value for me as I do not see myself taking an additional unit of Praetors (even if they are my favourite) or an additional Lord-Imperatant. The smaller box is a possibility if my friend that took the Kruelboy half is interested.

3 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

most likely going to be in the new vs box with T-son.

since they showed old Grey knights next to him, that 4chan rumor about Redone GK seems extremely unlikely now

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I really like the new sets but as I have the SCE side of Dominion there is not that much value for me as I do not see myself taking an additional unit of Praetors (even if they are my favourite) or an additional Lord-Imperatant. The smaller box is a possibility if my friend that took the Kruelboy half is interested.

It's possible that we will end up with a Necron Warriors situation with the small box, where the Stormcast from the small box are ~35€ if you buy them separately and the small box that contains those models, plus a hero, plus models from another faction, plus a board, dice and rule books is ~40€.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's possible that we will end up with a Necron Warriors situation with the small box, where the Stormcast from the small box are ~35€ if you buy them separately and the small box that contains those models, plus a hero, plus models from another faction, plus a board, dice and rule books is ~40€.

This depends heavily on whether the multi-part Vindictors are dual-kits though. If so, then this won't happen, as for 35€, you'd get the choice of two units instead of just the one push fit unit.

the big thing to consider is that the individual Gutrippaz box set is going to have weapon options and the full command set.

your buying these to have units of spears and at better value (hopfully)

most likely what they want you to do is buy one of these set and then buy a Gutrippaz box set to get the missing command units. (provided that they have two option per 5 man like GW sometimes do)

2 hours ago, Jator said:

New short story confirming the draconith wil be part of the new Stormcast:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/12/broken-realms-fiction-the-scales-of-victory/

This is exciting news as I have just jumped on the Thunderstrike Express! I am split between wanting a new centre piece and wanting a unit of flying drakes.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Sad times.

Alternatively, Seraphon are so cool they don't need dragons. "Hey Sigmar take this fire breathing winged lizard off our hands, it messes with our Mesoamerica/Jurassic Park vibe".

18 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

I am not a fan of Space Marines but if that is how Grey Knights look going forward and they are doing a dual release with Thousand Sons (one of my friend's main armies) I might be in trouble.

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Oh that is a great deal, also the mage in that box feels much less redundant than the Lord-Imperatant as I can more easily use her as a Knight Incantor or Lord Exorcist.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

Huh. That’s not a primaris model but looks like it might still have primaris proportions. That’s weird. The old style armour is a good look for grey knights but it leaves me baffled as to the GW marketing strategy. I assumed all old style marines would get updated to the primaris style but this suggests some will retain the old one. 

• Like 1