The Rumour Thread

I'm disappointed with the kruleboys monsters, they look derpy and way too detailed. Looks like they designed the faction to fall apart since they have put a lot of tiny easy breakable spikes on most models.

The archers are fine tho.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Feel a pain to ask yet again but does anyone have a link to the rumours so far?

Did one guess the Sludgeraker? And with BoC/MK being rumoured and then one of the new BT's being Chaos, they could be legit.

Not sure if there's somewhere that contains the most up to date leaks and rumours?

I think the next tome is Maggotkin. In the rumour for the first 4 tomes after Warclans and SCE it was Maggotkin, BOC, Gloomspite and Ogor Mawtribes. Maggotkin is an old tome and makes the most sense to me as if rumours are true that BOC are getting a refresh of sorts that they would want to further that away from these current releases to allow people time to save between the two, Maggotkin will probably release a hero or character and maybe a new unit.

I believe it will go;

Maggotkin - Small release

Ogor Mawtribes - Big release

Gloomspite Gits - Small release

Beasts of Chaos - Big release

4 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

@KingBrodd I’d wager you could convert up some creepy-as-hell Mancrushers from those sloggoths, mate! Or ally some in to a ‘The Descent’-themed Gloomspite force, complete with troglodytic Grots converted from Ghouls, and really dial up the horror 🤡 

9216A62E-6E6A-467B-8B82-3A1BB04622B8.jpeg

4B3F7EE1-40BC-41F9-801B-163E15DA9CD1.jpeg

Mate the Sluggoth gives me massive Attack On Titan vibes and it's very tempting but a better hobbyist then I will have to do it!!

3 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

They wrote new orruk warclans not kruleboyz so here I'm hoping for bonesplitterz wyvern.

I also hope the Wyvern/Hawk is for Bonesplitterz. Makes sense with the amount of feathers to me.

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think the next tome is Maggotkin. In the rumour for the first 4 tomes after Warclans and SCE it was Maggotkin, BOC, Gloomspite and Ogor Mawtribes. Maggotkin is an old tome and makes the most sense to me as if rumours are true that BOC are getting a refresh of sorts that they would want to further that away from these current releases to allow people time to save between the two, Maggotkin will probably release a hero or character 

I believe it will go;

Maggotkin - Small release

Ogor Mawtribes - Big release

Gloomspite Gits - Small release

Beasts of Chaos - Big release

i don't think that rumor was in good faith true (especially on the Battlebox and Primaris Grey knight bits), and i think going by cycle and trend the next battletome after the Chaos one would be Nighthaunt because they need to release the soul war stuff separately and its a death tome (like what with Deathguard in 40k being one of the first Codexes)

also just going by the remaining rumor Engines it doesn't look like any big release comming out soon ( not a lot of similar related items) but a lot of 40k heroes

• Subscriber

I'm glad we saw the multipart kits for the Kruleboyz as it means I don't need to double up on the Dominion push-fit units and cant wait for the multiparts.

Love the Skumdrekk, but not as keen on the Troggoth/Sloggoth, which is fine as I'll have enough to be getting on with. 

As an existing Ironjawz player, I'm really looking forward to the new Warclans book, as it's like getting an update for my existing army, a new book for my new army AND the ability to combine them if I choose. Brutes up front taking the hits, with Boltboyz picking units off from a distance sounds good. 

Bastian Carthalos might be the best Stormcast sculpt I've seen. The painting on the bare head is fantastic. Even if I don't use the other Stormcast from Dominion right away, I'll want the 3 Annihilators in there painted up to go with Bastian when he's released. 

23 minutes ago, novakai said:

i don't think that rumor was in good faith true (especially on the Battlebox and Primaris Grey knight bits), and i think going by cycle and trend the next battletome after the Chaos one would be Nighthaunt because they need to release the soul war stuff separately and its a death tome (like what with Deathguard in 40k being one of the first Codexes)

also just going by the remaining rumor Engines it doesn't look like any big release comming out soon ( not a lot of similar related items) but a lot of 40k heroes

Nighthaunt would make sense. I could see them also being a single hero/Terrain or Endless Spells updated Faction.

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Nighthaunt would make sense. I could see them also being a single hero/Terrain or Endless Spells updated Faction.

They certainly don't need more units (although SCE got more, too x) ), but desperately need new rules. So I agree!

14 minutes ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

My guess is that Nighthaunt could get a new tome with a monster, since they are one of the few armies without one and it fits the whole Ghur narrative.

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

They certainly don't need more units (although SCE got more, too x) ), but desperately need new rules. So I agree!

Perhaps a Plastic Mourngul?

If there is a flying wyvern coming, I'll love it if it had the option of 3 diffrent riders: ironjawz, bone splitters and krule boyz. 

Fighty characters for iron jaws, shaman for bone splitters and could go either way for krule boyz. 

It has happened before, the mortarch box has 3 diffrent riders. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

If there is a flying wyvern coming, I'll love it if it had the option of 3 diffrent riders: ironjawz, bone splitters and krule boyz. 

Fighty characters for iron jaws, shaman for bone splitters and could go either way for krule boyz. 

Thing is, those kits are much older, from the world that was. They don’t do that anymore

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Thing is, those kits are much older, from the world that was. They don’t do that anymore

Which is nuts from a business point of view, your tripling the audience for that kit by including it in all the orruk army's. 

18 minutes ago, Soolong said:

Which is nuts from a business point of view, your tripling the audience for that kit by including it in all the orruk army's. 

I  think they are unwilling to sacrifice making the best models possible just to benefit the rules. The mount has to aesthetically go with the rider. It's going to have a saddle and probably some other things. The pose needs to be just right, and how the rider and beast fit together needs to be seamless.  Krule boys have different body proportions than the others. 

Also, they have really cut down on the amount of plastic kits have these days. Back in the day a big monster was 2-3 sprues. now it's no more than 2, sometimes less. Supporting different builds using a lot of extra bits may push that. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Difference for the Mortach's is all three were all major special characters in the setting with an established background and history in the endtimes where as for the Orruks in AOS we don't have that anymore, we have big characters in Gordrakk riding a cabbage Wyvern, we have the new leader of the Kruleboys on that weird beast thing but Bonesplitterz don't seem to have an equivalent of a leader / special character in the setting or one on a big beast. The closest they had was the Wurrgog Prophet when he was a special character in fantasy.

Iron Jawz Orruks are already associated with Wyverns as their big beast wouldn't make sense to give them another wyvern rider, I think Kruleboyz are likely to have their own weird wyvern like beast for themselves differentiate it from the Mawkrusha.

19 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Did GW discontinue some of their spray paints or is it just suffering from shortcomings? I can't find Mechanicus Standard Grey anywhere.

Where are you situated? Since brexit all spraypaints are very hard to find for me (I’m in the Netherlands). Something to do with the paint not being allowed into the EU. 

That sloggoth isn’t my favourite of the previewed stuff but by god it’s creepy to see something bipedal forced into that gait. The attack on titan references are spot on.

I second the Brian Froud and Jim Henson feels too, that’s always good to see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mystycalchemy said:

Second silhouette for the stormcast looks like an alternate Knight-Judicator. (The bow isn't drawn back)dy9lkha3n3271.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=48505b094a41fefeeb3c73a2ac57f3b8b93e2dbf

The Stormcast are okay in this edition, byt the gryph hounds they knocked out of the park!

If Dominion had these good boys and the chariot in it instead of every Stormcast hero past the leader and the chonky lads, I probably would have purchased it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zamik said:

I just rewatched Labyrinth the other night and got that evil muppet vibe from the Kruleboyz! Now, do I buy a Sigvald, bash him up into the Goblin King, and call him a Megaboss?

Or maybe one of the new vampire lords?

Find a Bowie bust and kitbash him into a gargant!

31 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Where are you situated? Since brexit all spraypaints are very hard to find for me (I’m in the Netherlands). Something to do with the paint not being allowed into the EU. 

Poland.

There are shortages of certain paints from time to time but in this case I'm wondering if Mechanicus Spray wasn't replaced by Grey Seer. In the past GW discontinued Mournfang Brown Spray which unfortunately I used a lot for Sylvaneth basing.

48 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Poland.

There are shortages of certain paints from time to time but in this case I'm wondering if Mechanicus Spray wasn't replaced by Grey Seer. In the past GW discontinued Mournfang Brown Spray which unfortunately I used a lot for Sylvaneth basing.

It's still available. As someone said it probably due to brexit issues. 

• Like 1